Enlivant

Updated January 30, 2015
2.5

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Pros
  • Residents and families are fun to be around, like your second family (in 14 reviews)

• The residents are wonderful to care for (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, everyone in upper management are friends so be careful who you talk to (in 33 reviews)

• Conference calls after conference call to say the same thing over and over (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Fraudulent Company

Current Employee - Executive Director
    Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Enlivant (more than 3 years)

Pros

Properly placed residents that families didn't lie about health issues or concerns. Residents and families that appreciate the hard work the stuff does.

Cons

Fraudulent Company! Fires great people that make the communities thrive. Breaks Labor Laws and abuse salary employees. Communities are not fit to be lived in, the properties have issues that need immediate attention. Always told we can't spend money.

Stop posting positive comments to make the company look good. Ethics talk and you all lack them.

As cheap as one can get

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are no positives unless you are a slacker. Then you'll love it.

Cons

Cheap as cheap can be. Want it all and not pay for it.

Learn what being a manager is. You know treat your people with respect.

A company of unprofessional, untruthful people!! RUN do not work here!!! They kill residents!

Current Employee - Residence Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Residence Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The residents are the best thing and I feel very sorry for them because they are not cared for. Some have even died!

Cons

Very unprofessional from the Regionals to management. They don't care about the residents or their employees. It's all a numbers game to them. No training. No communication. The most stressful position I have ever had in my 25 year career. Treated poorly by Regionals and most of the staff. I only stay because of the economy right now. I absolutely can not stand my position or this company, its the worst! Treated horrible! NO VALUES or integrity!!! Other co workers just stay for the paycheck as well and want to find other positions as they are treated poorly. Save yourself the stress, stay away from this company. It's not worth it! 2 residents have died from being poorly taken care of and I have been there a short time, I wonder how may more people died in their care? Very sad!

Treat your employees with resect and dignity! But than again you do not even treat your residents this way! You should be shut down, residents have been killed by your so called RN's and Executive Directors! I would never place a loved one in any of your communities. Your core values you claim to have are not true. The so called activities that are on a board are a lie in my community they are rarely done with the residents and half the time the activity director doesn't show up because they are good friends with the ED. The ED and one of the floor staff are in a relationship and live together often taking the same days off. It is very unfair and the community is run poorly. I have over heard and jokes being made about the ED changing the books when a residents passes away! Residents have been killed in my community from poor care and lack of any compassion.

I would NEVER place a family member with this company...not even my worst enemy!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

I worked at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No pros about this company

Cons

EVERYTHING!! This company talks about core values that it knows nothing about. There is absolutely no integrity in Enlivant...NONE! There is no loyalty with them either. Corporate treats in-house management with no respect and only support those that care about the number of bodies in the community verses the care the residents receive. You have marketing reps that stay on the computers all day ordering clothes, shoes, etc instead of actually going out to network to truly promote the company. But why should they?? All they have to do is get a check or two for the month and it's all good in corporates eyes.

Staff members get paid a little over minimum wage to care for the residents while management gets big bucks to do nothing by lie for this company. And if you stand for what's right and true, you'll get burned.

Change your ways! Listen to the hourly staff! Get rid of the vultures on the Regional Teams that pushes the agenda of change but are liars and back stabbers that know nothing about their positions/job descriptions. Hire those in management that truly care about the residents and convey the core values you so proudly confess to govern yourselves by.

Company and management is a joke

I worked at Enlivant

Pros

NONE- This place is not a reputable assisted living. Its so sad! The residents of course are so sweet, i feel sorry for them.

Cons

The only thing they care about is filling beds. Marketers are a joke! They would rather have a good marketer than a good nurse or good staff.

Get rid of your marketers that are bringing in nursing home type people. The word is getting out that you only care about your numbers.

Joke

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discounted rates at all time low

Cons

Difficult to find another sales job because I work here

ALF

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

I love the residents and community staff

Cons

On call can be a pain

Excellent Experience

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The residents are the best! Next is the companies emphasis on making a better program for both staff and residents. Also the focus on employee satisfaction is great. The new company is a breath of fresh air and definitely focused on achieving results. Also a great regional team for support and corporate directed marketing material for parties.

Cons

Almost like a start up company waiting for all the changes to come is hard sometimes. Also the negative attitudes from some of the staff is hard. The trifecta teams are great in concept but in actuality don't work as well because it leaves the members feeling untouchable and sometimes to friendly with the other staff.

Make sure to give clear expectations too your trifecta teams so there is a balance. Also really evaluate who you place in those roles.

Ugh

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

Love the residents and families. Great concept, small communities

Cons

Cons are the same as the other 200+ on this site. You are only as good as your last move in, no regional support, underpaid, costs you money to do your job, poor training, inept Directors, lazy staff

Hold your staff accountable for living up to the core values. These aren't just words on paper. The folks living in these communities are someone's mother, father, grandparent. Do the RIGHT thing by them. Spend quality time in these communities, not 1/2 day here, 1/2 day there. Find out if you have the right people in place. Not by numbers on a spreadsheet, but their heart and character. I can come up w/ nifty sayings and logos too, but if you dont have decent human beings to back them up, Enlivant is just ALC shined up.

Disheartening. ...

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Residents, Families and House staff. Being able to help people everyday.

Cons

Regional "Support" team??? Don't even acknowledge staff when in the building. When taking concerns to them they just cover it up.Call the hotline you say? Don't bother to do that. They'll just tell them that you called (yes, their words) and then HR will tell you they investigated it when they haven't even been to the building to actually look at the evidence or asked you to submit it for review, but instead take the word of someone that was part of the cover up to begin with and try to make it good to tge employees effected. . They continue to allow people to remain in their leadership positions with multiple class 1 2 & 3 infractions simply because it must be easier that way. It is very hard to follow the core values and be a postive employee when your leadership at the house and regional level can't even do that.

Follow your own policies. Don't allow the wrong people to lead simply because its easier and their budgets look good. It takes more then those items to become " the most trusted senior living provider" and it needs to start with you! It is hard for your good staff to want to enforce and carry out missions, values and be positive everyday when you allow people stay in the roles when not only breaking policy, but actually even breaking federal law and you allow it to be covered up. We are in small communities, with " intimate settings" and when you allow this to happen its also hard to be say our goal is to be that most trusted provider when in our communities, people talk and their faith in us to care for seniors decreases when they hear about what occurs on the inside and is covered up multiple times over last few years. Make some hard changes, Have the right leadership in place to allow our communities to grow and prove we are not ALC anymore.

Enlivant Photos