Enlivant

Enlivant Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison

Jack Callison

Pros
  • The residents are wonderful to care for (in 12 reviews)

• Residents and families are fun to be around, like your second family (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is a joke and has NO clue what they are doing or how to treat people (in 29 reviews)

• Conference calls after conference call to say the same thing over and over (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Receptionist (Current Employee) Cumming, GA

ProsFriendly family oriented operation,caring management

ConsNo RN on duty to assist with emergencies

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye on staff

Excited to be a part of the turnaround.

ProsGreat people to work with. I've enjoyed everyone I have met across the organization. At the end of the day, the passion is focused on making the company a trusted place and making the lives of the residents better.

ConsThis company is in a huge change phase. Most people seem to be embracing the change, but you have to be open to trying to make things better, if not, this may not be the right place.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going. There is a brighter future in sight and we are heading in the right direction.

Wiping out loyal employees

Sales and Marketing (Former Employee)

ProsThe residents are the only good part

ConsHigh turnover with house staff and regional teams. Corporate fires anyone with their own opinions.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork a month in each house to see where the real issues are.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad to worse

Med Tech/Caregiver Or Psa (Former Employee) Athens, TX

ProsThe Resident and the Families

ConsThere is no support on the floor for psa or med aids. Staff is expected to multi task and do everything while not forgetting anything, This new company has fallen back to the old way of doing thing. They say its going to be different but is it really. Sounds like old ALC but with new faces. Training is a joke Supervisors need training themselves and have no ideal how to direct floor staff. I have had 7 Resident Director and 6 nurses none of which stayed long. The Residents are the ones to suffer especially when you delegate some one that's not suited to the task.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more bodies on the floor to provide QUALITY CARE that you are charging for. Do you really think anyone can keep up the pace of being responsible for such a wide area of duties. It feels more like they want the long term employees to fail or be fired. WE have held on but for what we still didn't get any support or reinforcements so how do you expect us to take care of the residents. You should pay more attentions to see if nurse is delegating to staff correctly . Staff can not do nurses job too.

Got tired of waiting for supposed change

Activity Director (Former Employee) New Holstein, WI

ProsSome of the employees and some of the residents were fun to be with. Provided me with stable, full time work when I needed it. Learned a lot about dementia and Alzheimer's. Made some lasting friendships and good memories of a couple residents who passed away. Good to learn from the older generation, many had lots of good stories and insight.

ConsALC, now ENLIVENT, said they'd get a new vehicle, a lit monument in front of the bldg,,increase budgets. I came on board when TPG had just bought ALC.Now, 8 months later,still nothing. I was unable to take residents out to shop or do anything special. I could not provide any type of quality entertainment due to resident director always telling me NO. It was a glorified prison,still is. I paid $160 of my own money to bring in a dog show. I feel terrible for the people who live there and receive no amenities. Mediocre food. Lots of empty rooms, terrible pay and corrupt management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to Willowpark Place and clean out useless staff. RD and sales person do not pull their weight. Disassemble the trifecta. It's not working. Make changes at the house level so turnover will stop and people can be happy again. Residents are afraid to speak up

The tenants suffer due to Corporate's lack of understanding and the employees are looked down on.

Middle Management (Current Employee)

ProsAt times you can see your efforts make a difference to the elderly whom really need us.

ConsEven through the recent buyout, the new management has shown they are superior and thus have left a very bad impression. Both past and present management think they're working on root cause but in fact are making changes just to make changes. Afterall, you are expected to change something when you are brought on.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your definiion of success is that you and stock holders make more money then you'll be fine. However, Much more money and occupancy can be gained by getting the proper people and training programs a foot. Without teamwork, there is nothing that will bring you to the lofty occupancy boasted for the future. Playing around with even pennies has a massive effect on our tenants but that along with cut in hourly work weeks to 37.5 just shows you won't stop at the tenants but will hit the employees too. Astounding the amount of money going out yet nothing coming in. That model will not work for long, just ask the last two monarchy's. This company has almost never seen a successful project either and business has had to put up with the way it was run. Dimes to dollars the customer service will fall even farther especically with new Support and IT management.

New Ownership and New Leadership - thumbs up

Regional Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThankfully help has arrived. The vision of the new leadership is refreshing, energizing, and welcomed.

ConsA lot of unhappy people can not wrap their minds around the change that has to happen to turn this ship around.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing exactly what you are doing. It will take time but we can do this. Thanks for believing in us. There are many good people at this company. Don't judge all of us by the past.

Poor way of thinking

Resident Director (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosgood for starting out in this industry

ConsCompany does not care about residents, its all about where's the next move in? They expect more with less!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop getting such a high paycheck and focus on quality care.

Unsupportive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsResidents are wonderful!

ConsRegional teams are unsupportive and clueless about how things really run in their houses. Hopefully the new company taking over makes huge changes! I have never felt more unsupported in a job than I do with ALC and the regional team. The position I had there did not pay enough for the stress hours and abuse I endured.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to more than money!

I had the opportunity to learn a lot.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) North Augusta, SC

ProsThe company provided a lot of training.

ConsSuch a large company there is a disconnect

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are a team always

Worked for Enlivant? Contribute to the Community!