Enlivant Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Single worst company I have ever worked for

I worked at Enlivant

Pros

There is comradely throughout the company - however, it is bonding over the horrific management

Cons

Dishonest, unethical. A complete mess of a management system where abuse is fostered.

Advice to Management

Value your employees.

It's a New Day at Enlivant!

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Building a strong culture and overcoming many of the old ALC mindsets! Hiring the right folks as Executive Directors in the building - can see the difference. Exciting new changes - Findly, Selling Solutions are a great start.

Cons

Still figuring a couple things out - corporate office needs to be measured on their support of the field organization. Accounts Payable in particular is a mess.

Advice to Management

Have to focus on the field and your investors both to be successful in 2015! Make sure we're creating a corporate structure to support the field and not simply settling for "good enough". Corporate teams need to be accountable much like the regional/divisional teams are.

Refreshing, Rewarding and Absolutely Remarkable!!!

Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been in the senior living industry for almost thirty years and have worked for a few of the industry's best providers of care to our nation's elderly. My previous companies evolved over time and, unfortunately, lost sight of their core purpose and strayed from their mission statements. For those of us in the senior living field for a long period of time, you have likely experienced the same. I joined Enlivant a year ago after meeting with the new executive leadership team who shared with me the journey Enlivant would be pursuing to reinvent the former Assisted Living Concepts. The more I listened and learned, the more this opportunity touched on every reason why I chose to make a career in senior living: care and service to the elderly, the ability to champion a culture I could embrace and help establish, a strong commitment to people and an avenue to make a remarkable difference in the lives of residents, families and employees. After a year, I can only say every single aspect of the new Mission, Vision and Values of Enlivant has become a reality. The employees at Enlivant, whether community based, field based or at the corporate support center, are forming bonds and relationships that create a feeling of family with a true sense of belonging. This is what people in our industry want and need to make their careers as rewarding and meaningful as possible. When you have a culture the evolves to where Enlivant's is today, the possibilities are endless and the rewards too many to count. If you work for one of those senior living organizations that lost their way, know that there is a company out there that offers everything you want, expect and deserve. I look forward to continuing this fantastic journey as we make Enlivant the most trusted senior living provider in the country.

Cons

There are no cons, only more upside as Enlivant continues to evolve and grow.

Advice to Management

It is clear that you are staying the course and are 100% committed!! Keep it up!!

Terrible- expect to give everything for this job that is thankless and never gives you a break.

Former Employee - Wellness Director
    Former Employee - Wellness Director

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents are really the only pro of this job. They were the reason I went to work every day.

Cons

No time off, on-call 24/7, no holidays off, no vacation, not enough help, upper management is very "clicky", you are expendable to them, they don't care about their employees, pay is terrible, poor training

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, actually spend the time training your employees, give your employees time off- I was so burnt out with this job, don't have an employee on-call 24/7 and never give them a break- this is brutal!

Excitement, Reward and Fulfillment! This is what you will find when you embrace the Mission, Vision, Values of Enlivant.

Current Employee - Executive Director in New Holstein, WI
    Current Employee - Executive Director in New Holstein, WI

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work for Enlivant for nearly two years. I started as the Community Relations Manager at a community and 7 months ago was promoted to Executive Director at a sister community. Within days of accepting the Community Relations Manager position, TPG Capital announced the future acquisition of Assisted Living Concepts. In July of 2013, TPG Capital announced the complete acquisition and we became Enlivant. As the Community Relations Manager and now the Executive Director I have seen first hand the embrace of the Mission, Vision, and Values from the CEO, Jack Callison, to the divisional team, to the regional team, to the community managers, to the line staff and on to our residents. It is an atmosphere that has become contagious and very easy to live and breathe the Mission, Vision, Values. This type of atmosphere as also made it easy to communicate with the regional team and even the divisional team. We all understand that we have one common goal and that is to become the most trusted senior living provider. And we do this by enriching the life of our residents through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities.

Cons

Just like many things in life, there are growing pains to rise above as Enlivant continues to move forward and grow. It is easy for people to get frustrated and loose sight of the goal when things don't always seem to go their way. If you don't recognize this it can definitely be a con as it will slowly begin to pull you down.

Advice to Management

Be understanding that in order for a new company to grow they have to start by crawling. And what might not always seem like the right or best way, may in fact be the right or best way. Embrace the Mission, Vision, and Values.

LOVE IT!!!

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Escanaba, MI
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Escanaba, MI

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

This company has been AMAZING for me as an employee. I have been working for this company since their acquisition of Assisted Living Concepts. I have never found more personal satisfaction in a career then I have with Enlivant. They are constantly recognizing our achievements, promoting our strengths, and providing on going training and support to aide us in achieving our maximum potential as individuals, but most importantly as a team. As a whole, Enlivant stands by it's mission/vision/and values and we are truly working towards becoming the nations most trusted senior living provider. I feel as though Enlivant has stood by me as an employee and I feel the possibilities are endless! I myself being a Community Relations Manager have never felt as though I am working. I feel as though my daily "job" is just SO much more then just a job. I have created not only working contacts, but friends, a second family if you will. These residents are truly remarkable individuals and they have so much to share and teach us all. The residents and their families have become an extension of my own family and everyday brings a new adventure! With that being said, I can only hope that the next person who embarks on an employment opportunity with Enlivant, puts as much heart into their job as they can because Enlivant certainly puts their heart into each and everyone of their employees.

Cons

Truthfully I feel as though this career I have is the perfect fit for me. This company allows me to be a mother and a full time employee because Enlivant focuses on balance between work and home. I honestly have no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

I truly believe that every policy set forth for salary and hourly employees are extremely fair. I appreciate that Enlivant is moving in the new wave of times with their vacation/sick time for salary employees. Enlivant has offered me great insurance coverage and that is more then I can say for MANY jobs in our small area! Thank you Enlivant :)

Central Indiana

Current Employee - Care Service Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Care Service Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Residents are given the best care possible, floor staff and management want what is best for them. They are treated like family. Facilities have all been recently updated most are beautiful inside. Benefits are great and very reasonable in cost compared to other companies I have worked for.

Cons

Going through changes in regional management, but all I have seen are changes for the better.

Advice to Management

Please keep going forward, keep the lines of communications open.

Wonderful Experience at the Leadership Conference,

Current Employee - Rdsm in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Rdsm in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just wanted to thank both Jack and Dan for the wonderful Leadership Conference in Chicago. As a new employee, it is amazing to see how much the company invests in their employees success. I am so excited to see what is in store for 2015. I have loved every minute of my new job!! Booyah :)

Cons

I have no cons to mention.

Community Relations Manager

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Support from our regional and divisional team is outstanding. It is so nice to come to a workplace that does not even seem like work. The community that I am working in is a family; from employees to residents. while making sales calls, meeting new contacts and building relationships is so rewarding.

Cons

as a sales manager we need to, "hand off" the residents to the executive director and Care Service manager so that we are able to get back out into the community. If you get to attached to people this career may not be for you.

Headed in the right direction quickly.

Current Employee - Executive Director in Inverness, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Inverness, FL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enlivant is working hard to be the most trusted provider of senior care from the top on down. They have delivered on every promise to provide my community the tools needed to succeed. I'am proud to be part of this team.

Cons

As with any change in business, there has been growing pains, but the company listens and reacts.

Advice to Management

We are headed in the right direction quickly. Continue to provide the outstanding training and support to our communities.

RSS Feed </> Embed