Enlivant Reviews

Central Indiana

Current Employee - Care Service Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Care Service Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Residents are given the best care possible, floor staff and management want what is best for them. They are treated like family. Facilities have all been recently updated most are beautiful inside. Benefits are great and very reasonable in cost compared to other companies I have worked for.

Cons

Going through changes in regional management, but all I have seen are changes for the better.

Advice to Management

Please keep going forward, keep the lines of communications open.

LOVE IT!!!

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Escanaba, MI
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Escanaba, MI

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

This company has been AMAZING for me as an employee. I have been working for this company since their acquisition of Assisted Living Concepts. I have never found more personal satisfaction in a career then I have with Enlivant. They are constantly recognizing our achievements, promoting our strengths, and providing on going training and support to aide us in achieving our maximum potential as individuals, but most importantly as a team. As a whole, Enlivant stands by it's mission/vision/and values and we are truly working towards becoming the nations most trusted senior living provider. I feel as though Enlivant has stood by me as an employee and I feel the possibilities are endless! I myself being a Community Relations Manager have never felt as though I am working. I feel as though my daily "job" is just SO much more then just a job. I have created not only working contacts, but friends, a second family if you will. These residents are truly remarkable individuals and they have so much to share and teach us all. The residents and their families have become an extension of my own family and everyday brings a new adventure! With that being said, I can only hope that the next person who embarks on an employment opportunity with Enlivant, puts as much heart into their job as they can because Enlivant certainly puts their heart into each and everyone of their employees.

Cons

Truthfully I feel as though this career I have is the perfect fit for me. This company allows me to be a mother and a full time employee because Enlivant focuses on balance between work and home. I honestly have no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

I truly believe that every policy set forth for salary and hourly employees are extremely fair. I appreciate that Enlivant is moving in the new wave of times with their vacation/sick time for salary employees. Enlivant has offered me great insurance coverage and that is more then I can say for MANY jobs in our small area! Thank you Enlivant :)

Wonderful Experience at the Leadership Conference,

Current Employee - Rdsm in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Rdsm in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just wanted to thank both Jack and Dan for the wonderful Leadership Conference in Chicago. As a new employee, it is amazing to see how much the company invests in their employees success. I am so excited to see what is in store for 2015. I have loved every minute of my new job!! Booyah :)

Cons

I have no cons to mention.

Community Relations Manager

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Support from our regional and divisional team is outstanding. It is so nice to come to a workplace that does not even seem like work. The community that I am working in is a family; from employees to residents.

while making sales calls, meeting new contacts and building relationships is so rewarding.

Cons

as a sales manager we need to, "hand off" the residents to the executive director and Care Service manager so that we are able to get back out into the community. If you get to attached to people this career may not be for you.

Headed in the right direction quickly.

Current Employee - Executive Director in Inverness, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Inverness, FL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enlivant is working hard to be the most trusted provider of senior care from the top on down. They have delivered on every promise to provide my community the tools needed to succeed. I'am proud to be part of this team.

Cons

As with any change in business, there has been growing pains, but the company listens and reacts.

Advice to Management

We are headed in the right direction quickly. Continue to provide the outstanding training and support to our communities.

Current employee

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Enlivant (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked with this company now for almost two years. In that time there have been many positive changes, one being the overall culture, i.e attitude, outlook ect.. I have never been more impressed with what I have witnessed. The leadership before was too caught up with politics, but now with the new leadership, I can honestly say, they really do care! They have put so much into training and mentoring staff and promoting within the company to give those hardworking employees a chance to move up, and most of all support! The loyalty they show to there employees is overwhelming. Yes, there's big expectations and yes, there is hard work, but that's with any company you work for. This company has extreme potential to be the best at what they do, because they have the drive, determination, and the heart to make it succeed.

Cons

It's a work in progress, but hang on for the ride of your life. It's going to be good.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the ongoing support. You all work long tiring hours and worry like crazy, but the time and effort you put into "us" your employees will only pay off in the long run. We are all in this together.

Jerry Carson!!! Wow!

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had the pleasure of spending some time with Jerry this past week during our Leadership Conference and this man has to be one of the most humble men on the face of the earth. Jerry was recognized as an outstanding member of one our divisional teams and I can sure see why.....Humility!

Cons

Need more Jerry's! Keep up the great work! This type of person will most certainly attract similar types of people who will value this great company and the amazing residents we serve.

Advice to Management

Thank you for bringing people like Jerry into our lives and recognizing his amazing qualities.

Stay away, unless you have no integrity. One star because there was no lower score.

Former Employee - Executive Director
    Former Employee - Executive Director

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None in relation to the company. The residents are wonderful people who are left in the care of staff members who lack compassion, humility, integrity, excellence, or fun. There goes the core values! Oops! I guess that is not a "pro"!

Cons

* Regional team keep reciting "core values" believing if they repeat them enough, they must be true.

* RDO has no prior experience in Assisted Living or managing a business. Incompetent at best.

* Unethical practices lead to promotion to regional team, while the house management that work hard to live the core values are overlooked and/or terminated.

* HR does not investigate issues correctly or thoroughly.

* Heads in beds is all that matters. Everybody sells! Resident care is never a priority to regional or divisional teams.

The above is just the tip of the iceberg. Best advice is to keep looking for a position with another company.

Advice to Management

A CEO should be able to rely on their DVPs and regional teams to supply accurate information to him, but I believe this is not the case. Dig deeper and talk to your EDs. They will tell you what is really going on in your company.

Great Opportunity for Growth!

Current Employee - Executive Director in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Midland, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for this company for the last 2 1/2 years. First when they were under ALC and now since they are under Enlivant. There have been huge changes to the way operations are handled. Before we were promised lots of things that were never delivered, but the new company is delivering on their promises! The CEO, the divisional VPs, and the regional teams are all engaged in redeveloping this industry and creating a positive environment for residents and staff alike. It's apparent that they truly care about the company mission and it's not just another saying on paper. The training has improved over the last year!

Cons

If you don't want to work hard, then don't apply. Your success is dependent on you being flexible and adaptable to changes.

Advice to Management

Jack, please keep up the good work.

2015...Ready, Set, Go

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sincere leadership from the Executive/Divisional/Regional Level
    Fast-paced environment that loves to hear new ideas
    While there was a lot of infrastructure & processes to be built in 2014, 2015 will be a great opportunity to leverage this groundwork and see even greater company results

Cons

There is a need to improve communication to hourly employees

Advice to Management

Continue to reinforce the Support Center is here to support the field. As companies mature, this relationship can sometimes become blurred.

RSS Feed </> Embed