Enloe Medical Center

Updated July 31, 2014
Updated July 31, 2014
3.4

Mike Wiltermood

I enjoyed my job and it had very good benefits.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chico, CA

I have been working at Enloe Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My co-workers were a great group, family like. Pay was highest in the area. The benefits were really good; medical dental, vision and IRA that the medical center meets at 50%. They also offer a new graduate program. Excellent annual training program.

Cons

I was ambivalent about the 12 hour shifts. I did like having 4 days off a week, especially when it coincided with a weekend.

When an employee has been injured, continues to have pain and is taking medications, being forced to interview for job positions.

I am a catering associate who delivers food to the patients in the hospital.

Current Employee - Catering Associate  in  Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Catering Associate in Chico, CA

I have been working at Enloe Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get raises every year and good benefits too.

Cons

everyone is not a team player and it is hard on your body as you push the carts to the rooms and the trays are heavy too.

Saying hi to one another and being friendly to each other.

Volunteering in the Emergency Department

Current Employee - Emergency Room Volunteer  in  Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Emergency Room Volunteer in Chico, CA

I have been working at Enloe Medical Center as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Much patient contact, great opportunity to learn about emergency medicine and gain first-hand experiences, great staff to work with, incredibly intelligent and skilled physicians.

Cons

Range of tasks volunteers are able to do is very limited, regardless of knowledge or experience. Many cases are not what one would think of when considering emergency medicine (ie intoxications, mental instability cases, etc.)

Further diversity training may be good as some staff seem very insensitive to patients' situations.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Should be a better place to work --

Former Employee - Manager  in  Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Chico, CA

I worked at Enloe Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great patient care -- the physicians and volunteers are wonderful. Nice hospital atmosphere.

Cons

Lack of senior management engagement. Poor employee morale. Parking is terrible for patients and employees (but that's usually the case at most hospitals).

Good pay, good benefits. Management not always helpful.

Former Employee - Respiratory Care Practitioner  in  Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Respiratory Care Practitioner in Chico, CA

I worked at Enloe Medical Center

Pros

Benefits
    Pay
    Comraderie
    Pleasing environmernt
    Good annual picnic and Christmas party

Cons

Management sometimes secretive about upcoming changes.

Be more open about upcoming changes.

Okay place to work that is getting better and better

Current Employee - Clinical Technologist  in  Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Technologist in Chico, CA

I have been working at Enloe Medical Center

Pros

Great location, chico is an amazing place to live and work in. The caliber of your follow employees is high with a wide range of ages from newly graduated nurses to nurses that have been working for more then thirty years. Several good changes have come about since the adoption of the nurses union and the hiring of Deorah Yancer. Pay is going up and wide sweeping and desperately needed changes are taking place.

Cons

While the nurses union has brought about quite a few desperately need changes, it has also caused several problems in how it has gone about making these changes. The level of diversity at the hospital is dreadfully low, while this is partially because of the rather low level of diversity found in the northern part of california it can be kind of depressing for people who are used to a more diverse work place. While Deborah Yancer has helped implement alot of good changes there is still a lot that need to be done.

Just found out that Deborah Yancer will be resigning from the CEO position, this does add some apprehension to me recommending working at Enloe. Hopefully the new CEO will be as good if not better then Deborah Yancer

Keep making smart changes, increase the amount of communication you have with front line employees and start recruiting more doctors

Worked for Enloe Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!