Enservio Reviews

Reset
2.4
Enservio CEO Jon McNeill
Jon McNeill

Good company - in a growth phase

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Enservio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company that tries to share ethical approaches to great treatment to its employees. It would be better, but recent insurance policy demands seem to make it harder for the company to do even better. It's a company that truly tries to serve the interests of the clients and their customers. The workplace community environment is upbeat and positive.

Cons

It's in a rapid growth phase - things are changing at a pace that seems faster than the company can manage effectively. Seems that too many changes are implemented, impeding a solid grasp of procedures and effectiveness throughout the tiers of front line to administrative management. It also seems that compromises are being made to accommodate customer demands that create the quantity over quality at a cost that appears to be unsustainable.

Advice to Management

From a thousand foot elevation, I'd say don't be so eager to give away the store. The bottom line is quality of efficiency and expedience, not quantity to simply get more work. From a bird's eye view, I'd say be careful to stripping away too many of Maslow's Heirarchy for the employees to just meet the narrowing bottom line. From a ground floor view, be careful of the corporate culture of "this is how we do it". Exists in all businesses, but something to recognize and overcome. Make sure your management team is looking for the right metrics and not micromanaging according to the narrowing bottom line. Talents can be overlooked.

2. I would give a 0 star rating if I was able

I have been working at Enservio

Pros

Fun office environment - thats it.

Cons

- Extremely high turnover due to bad management practices. They sell you on something and give you something else. - Upper management might listen to your suggestions but won't adjust. They always know better. - Constant change that is not explained to employees. Management expects you to vicariously know when they make an internal change. - CEO portrays himself as a visionary but clearly doesn't know how to run a software/insurance company. Listen to your employees, you might learn something. - Continue to cut benefits/salary for onsite SOS workers. (I wish I could explain more, but due to guidelines I can't) I can go on and on...

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Many of them have been in the business for years! You might learn something...

SOS

Former Employee - SOs in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - SOs in Columbus, OH

I worked at Enservio

Pros

Absolutely None At All! No benefits!

Cons

Terrible employer! Dont pay travel time and that is all you do in this job!

Advice to Management

Start Over!

Salary could be better but overall not a bad place to work at

Current Employee - SOs in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - SOs in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Enservio (More than a year)

Pros

As a field rep we do run into down time and provides more time to work from home. Freedom to run your own schedule a plus but don't take advantage of that

Cons

Claims get piled up often and hoarder claims are thrown at you with limited time to complete them and company doesn't care if your on your own. Bonuses have shrunk through the past few years and no upper management can tell you why

Advice to Management

Give your employees more money and the product will be better

Lay- Offs via Email

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Needham, MA

I have been working at Enservio full-time

Pros

Short and to the point when they are going to let you go. They are not comfortable enough to do it on the phone or in person.

Cons

Email? Really? Staff who go into high risk fire and damage situations should be given the courtesy of an actual conversation. Marketing ... those high estimates are costing jobs of the over-hired.

Advice to Management

What can we say? Generally the highest level doesn't listen to the ones who are walking the walk in the first place, speaking from experience.

No Growth Company/Poor Managed

Current Employee - Service Manager in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Needham, MA

I have been working at Enservio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As other reviews indicate there are some nice people here at the entry level who want to do the right thing. Most of them are hanging out making no money while they apply to graduate school or wait for a real job and then leave.

Cons

Enservio really isn't a growth company at all. In fact, even though the CEO avoids talking about numbers, revenues have been flat the last few years. There really isn't much to sell except a low-margin service and most of the good sales people left because they all figure this out. There is a lot of change because management keeps trying to figure out a way to make money and switches up the processes all the time to try and be more efficient. Unfortunately, employees are confused and customers end up getting poor service.

Advice to Management

Stop talking about Enservio as a change or growth company as an excuse for poor management and come up with products that work that customers actually want to buy so you'll grow on your own.

Very different company cultures in the various offices... Needham is not the rule.

I worked at Enservio full-time

Pros

Ability to help people in dire circumstances; casual office; very smart Co workers with interesting lives; youthful startup corporate mentality

Cons

Immature, irresponsible, professionally inappropriate sub par management of satellite offices, clearly not following company culture or values. Tiny dictatorships allowed to flourish with no consequences from main office.

Advice to Management

POP IN ON YOUR OWN OFFICES.

Poorly managed company

I have been working at Enservio full-time

Pros

Nice people at the midlevel and below with a flexible work policy. Attempt to create a philanthropic culture by the more junior people in the company

Cons

The company is very poorly managed. Its unclear what the goals or mission is and it seems to change every day, depending on the whims of the CEO. Communication across the company is also very poor. We get stories on innovation that have nothing to do with us. Lots seems to be made up on the fly and decisions are made by the founders and no one else. No one seems to know what business we really are in. We say we are software outwardly but most of what we sell is service and customers don't want the software part.

Advice to Management

Listen to those in the trenches and stop promoting mediocre people just to get consensus

Claims Specialist

I worked at Enservio

Pros

Independent work, telecommunication, minimal supervision.

Cons

Management with an ego. Business is run on a personal liking level. If one person in "management" doesnt like you be prepared to be let go based on nothing. Scheduling team is in need of help, numerous errors and very unorganized.

Advice to Management

Take business professional /manners courses immediately.

Poor Customer Service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

I have been working at Enservio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My colleagues are smart, nice people and many truly are working here to try and help people. The Company has snacks and the obligatory outing every now and then.

Cons

The president talks about innovation but this is the LEAST innovative company I've ever worked for The product is a glorified spreadsheet (sometimes we have to use Google) with lots of bugs resulting in customer service issues that make it difficult to do my job. We are pushed for speed so we sacrifice a lot in quality. The business model rests on bad weather which goes against some of the stated values of the company in hoping for bad storms.

Advice to Management

Stop spending money on big budget items like speakers and innovation conferences and spend the money on innovation in the product and in the people who have to service the product

RSS Feed </> Embed