Ensign Group

Ensign Group Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ensign Group President, CEO, and Director; President, The Flagstone Group Christopher R. Christensen

Christopher R. Christensen

Corporate Take Over

Dietary Cook (Current Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsEnsign is a fast growing company with good opportunities. They are competitive in their salary, and offer some great incentives to be part of the Ensign Group workforce.

ConsEnsign Group is the typical corporate business. The amount of work in comparison to the rate of pay does not always weigh out. When numbers go down, work load goes up.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that what looks good on paper does not always translate well in the operation aspect of the business.

Dietary Cook

Dietary Cook (Current Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsEnsign Group provides great incentives for their employees. The lower management are able to take ideas and help approve the department to the best of their ability. The pay is compatible with other health care facilities.

ConsThe corporate motto of "profit" is king often makes the job difficult. The company is often more worried about making a profit, to the extent that health care delivery suffers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe practice of cutting hours and budgets make it difficult for employees to fulfill their job to the best of their ability.

Best healthcare company out there

Mission Viejo, CA

ProsGreat culture and people passionate about caring for others. The core values of this organization really drive who they are. I really identify with the core value of "Love One Another". Given how much time we all spend at work, its great to love what you do and who you are doing it with.

ConsThere really aren't any that I can think of. This company does what it says and is focused on quality care and disciplined growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Your record in quality and growth speaks for itself.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Company

Administrator (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsCherishes free thought, innovation and leadership.
    Company is full of people who truly care about one another.
    Great values

ConsIt's growing, so there are some growing pains that we have to adjust to, but it's fun to face these challenges together.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the small company feel. I'm confident the company is headed the right direction. Great leaders and great people!

HR

Human Resources (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place to work and fantastic benefits.

ConsHard to move up in the company.

Don't be fooled by the vocal minority

Phoenix, AZ

ProsThis is an extremely progressive company that values hard work and rewards ownership and results. Leadership is driven locally and the facilities/businesses are structured to make decisions that best impact the quality of care. Best practices are shared in a very progressive peer driven model of accountability. Rewards such as the eprize, Flag Flying award and other incentives have provided facilities with hundreds of thousands of dollars in recognition of their efforts. These rewards are shared directly with the staff and used for improvments to benefit the residents.

ConsHand-holding is non existant. Sometimes people need more guidance than we realize. It's often expected that people will just know what to do and do it, but that isn't always the case. We need to recognize when we need to ask for help more or provide more where we see that it's needed. You can get lost in the frey if you're not a solution finder or someone who is comfortable speaking up. Lack of results can often lead to a sense of disconnectedness.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the need to reach out more to help those that may need encouragement. Strip out the need for excuses by helping people reaize the need to speak out when there are areas to improve in. Look for ways to help people feel comfortable with failure as long as the spirit of improvement and dedication is there and a humility to improve exists.

Worst place ever worked

San Luis Obispo, CA

Prosregular staff is wonderful generally speaking.
    Only positive thing I can think of working for this company Ensign Group

ConsPoor pay
    Department head expected to work on salary and work a lot of over time which is they are luck would work out to less minimum wage per a hour
    Have board of shame which I find degrading to emplyees, be sure not to make any mistakes or you will be on the board of shame.
    Have a employee of the month and the staff usually decided who they are going to choose and then everyone votes for that person.
    Have to many meetings for the amount of work they expect of you.
    Administrator does not check out things before accusing someone of doing something and then never apologizes for the mistake

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn more about skilled nursing homes and medical issues
    Research situations before accusing some one of misbehavior or not completing task.

Depends on where you work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Mission Viejo, CA

ProsDepends on location, a lot varies on individual management. The faciliy level is much different than the corporate level.

ConsThis is a boys club. Performance is very important but secondary to who you know and how you know them.

Absolutely horrible place to work!!!

(Former Employee)
    Riverside, CA

ProsGreat potential to make a difference. Some really wonderful residents. Learned a lot but not from staff or department heads.

ConsHorrible new management provided zero support for staff and has a terrible attitude. Administrator makes it apparent he does not care about staff. No organization from department heads. Residents seem to be misplaced. A few co-workers are not team players don't do their jobs or pass it along for next shift. Good employees are not recongized for their performance. Less effective employees seem to be praised and promoted. Absolutely ridiculous

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your employees they are the eyes and ears of the company! If they're telling you something L-I-S-T-E-N to them! Be appreciative for good staff. They are the reason you have any residents in the building not you!

Nice casual environment, but when it comes to promotions or raises- get out of there.

Mission Viejo, CA

Pros-Casual and supportive environment from co-workers

Cons-Terrible wages and benefits
    -Questionable management decisions
    -Lack of recognition

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the political bs and start rewarding your employees with financial incentives and bonuses for the multitudes of hours they give you.

Worked for Ensign Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ensign Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ensign Group CEO Christopher R. Christensen. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by Ensign Group employees.