Ensign Group Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
2.8
Ensign Group President, CEO, and Director; President, The Flagstone Group Christopher R. Christensen
Christopher R. Christensen

Pros
  • The core values of this organization really drive who they are (in 4 reviews)

• The companies motto of "loving one another" rings true and is practiced by the management (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It is really hard work to be a CNA and the upper management doesn't seem to realize how hard it is (in 2 reviews)

• big deductibles are good for the administrator, but not the cna (in 4 reviews)

Management

I worked at Ensign Group full-time

Pros

Good company, does not micromanage

Cons

Like other for profit company, some leaders will do things that arent very honest for profit.

Pretty good company to work for

Current Employee - COTA/L in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - COTA/L in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Ensign Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My facility offers very competitive compensation as Lon as you have good experience. We have a fully funded therapy program. No crazy hoops to jump through for CEU reimbursement.

Cons

Our facility has very stringent documentation requirements for therapy, more so than necessary and fair. The benefit package leaves much to be desired. Terrible PTO program, a few sick days, company makes you work weekends to make up for holidays. 401k is minimal.

3. Great Long Term Care Company

I worked at Ensign Group full-time

Pros

A high energy, visionary group of committed leaders. Nursing centers are generally well maintained with great support staff.

Cons

The company struggles with a lack of human resources leadership.

Advice to Management

Embrace and include human resources practices as an integrated part of the operations. Well run companies recognize that HR must be included in the strategic planning process and respected for programs and policies. Most HR Leaders would not recommend programs that do not support the goals and objectives of the companies they represent. Turnover is much too high.

5. Chaplain

I have been working at Ensign Group

Pros

The patients and families are why I work hospice. Some of the field staff are compassionate, good employees and I enjoy them.

Cons

Where to begin...benefits are the worst, management is uncaring, uninformed possibly mentally ill. Very punitive and condescending. The worst clinical management I have ever worked for. HIGH turnover, feels like HS mean girls club.

6. Great HR

I have been working at Ensign Group

Pros

Good communication with new hire/placement. Good rate of pay.

Cons

Not any so far. Will find out as employment progresses.

7. RN

I have been working at Ensign Group full-time

Pros

It's a small facility, so it's a great place for new nurses to get their experiences and learn the role of the nurse.

Cons

Orientation process isn't very formal- did not feel very prepared to start working out on the floor independently- I got a much more thorough training schedule as a bank teller (1 month) than as a new graduate RN with no experience with them (3 freaking days). Then they get mad when things don't get done- hm, I wonder why?

Advice to Management

have a more formal orientation program available to your new nurses, expecially new grads

Not So Great

Former Employee - CNA

I worked at Ensign Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is tolerable for the position Decent Benefits You can get hours if you need them.

Cons

At my location the work environment was terrible. They needed workers so they hired sub-par employees. I did not feel that they treated the residents the way they should have been treated- adequate staffing, up to code facilities/ practices, well trained employees, good activities. Every meeting I went to was a rough attempt at inspiring CNAs to work harder and put up with the patient ratios and general poor conditions.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff at the lower levels. They interact most with patients and they know what is going well and what is not in direct patient care.

9. Cna

Former Employee - CNA

I worked at Ensign Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Easy hiring. Competitive pay.

Cons

Management don't cooperate with each other. DON is shady. They go through ADONs like none other.

Advice to Management

Actually put your employees 1st like caplico says, not yourselves

The facility and staff and company are amazing

I have been working at Ensign Group

Pros

Benefits, staff, environment, facility, potential

Cons

Low pay, some administration, do not let employees reach their full potential

11. A career with Ensign was never been more rewarding!

I worked at Ensign Group full-time

Pros

Does not just hire anyone one off the street. Ensign takes their time in choosing the right people to work for them.

Cons

So far, liked what I saw! If anything, I would advise those unhappy people who don't want to be part of the change and new direction look for a new career

Advice to Management

Continue to take your time in choosing employees and selecting the candidate for the right fit.

RSS Feed </> Embed