Ensynch

Add Photos

Gene Holmquist

Consultant

Consultant (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat co-workers, relaxed environment, lots of resources to learn and expand. Mostly everyone seems willing to help each other.

ConsInternal politics. Slow compensation process.

Awful company to work for

Account Exec (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsWhile there was a lot that I greatly disliked about the company there were more issues than good aspects. I learned a lot about the Microsoft stack while here and built a strong relationship with the local Microsoft team

ConsThe culture here was completely toxic. The sales meetings (we called them beatings) were the worst I have ever experienced. The CEO is a grade A jerk. A total sociopath who doesn't care who he runs over or hurts.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like people.

Straight forward contracting firm.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsGreat recruiter
    Team builder diner (in Oregon)
    Good on paperwork and payroll

ConsWish they had an Oregon office and recruited for other firms here besides Intel

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to retain us beyond the 18 contractor limit Intel imposes. In other words, place workers into other Oregon jobs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They never gave me my last paycheck

Consultant (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsI received a pretty good raise while at Ensynch. I had only been there a few months, and they decided to increase my salary based on "further review of my impressive skillset".

ConsThis was all posted prior to my latest discovery. Ensynch has decided to not pay my last paycheck. I will be pursuing legal channels at this point.

The CEO is a devoutly religious man. He frequently brought up the subject in company-wide meetings made many employees uncomfortable, but too scared to say anything for fear of retribution. In perhaps the most bizarre instance, the CEO mentioned that we should all "recognize the power of prayer" when considering the next business quarter.

Work/Life effectiveness is non-existent. As a consultant you are regularly expected to work long-hours. I averaged ~60 hours per week. It was rare that I had a full weekend off. These long hours are largely due to management's expectations that you will work multiple projects at the same time. This of course leads to both projects being impacted, and extended out, further exacerbating an already overburdened workload. Additionally, even when taking time off, one is still expected to be responding to emails from both customers and co-workers.

Ensynch has offered the least competitive time off package of any employer I have worked at. You are granted no more than 12 days of paid time off per year. There is no sick time allotted. One must use vacation days in lieu of sick time.

Travel is frequent, long-term, and many times the consultant has less than 1-week notice prior to being on the road for sometimes months at a time. Ensynch will not pay for the consultant to stay abroad over weekends (even for employees working in foreign locales), so they are forced to either pay for their own lodging over the weekends, or fly back at the end of every week. Travel time is not counted towards the work week, so it is not unusual to spend 70+ hours at work per week, when one includes unpaid, unaccounted for travel time.

Ensynch's expense policy changed at least twice during 2008. In general, the employee pays for the expense item, and accounting then pays back the employee. Not a single expense report I submitted was paid for on time, nor was I ever paid the complete amount. I usually ended up having to pay out between $100-200 of my own money when I was on the road towards various items that accounting refused to pay for. In all cases, the department pointed to whatever "policy" was most convenient to justify their refusal to pay for items.

On the subject of the expense policy, Ensynch utilizes a godawful expense / time tracking piece of software called Tenrox. The software was down at least once per week, and even when working properly, it worked bog-slow. I figured out once that each expense report took me ~2 hours to complete, mostly due to the inefficiency of Tenrox. It was also prone to causing your computer to freeze. Entering time in the system was just as fraught with difficulties. What was even more frustrating was that the company's bonus program was based in part on all entries in Tenrox being correct and on time. You were granted three errors per year. The training I received on Tenrox was to read a walk-through featuring screen-shots from a system that was at least one version behind the current deployment used at the company. After being at the company less than a month, I had already had five submissions rejected by management in Tenrox.

The accounting department at Ensynch was bizarre. I was shocked to discover on my first paycheck of the year that Ensynch reported to the state that I had TWENTY-THREE dependents. They also attempted to issue a stop-payment on an expense check the day after it was mailed to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your consultants as actual employees and not as pieces of meat that will do whatever you ask of them.

Worked for Ensynch? Contribute to the Community!