Entercom

Be The First To
Add Photos

Entercom President, CEO, and Director David J. Field

David J. Field

Pros
  • Appreciation and encouragement of work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

• friendly coworkers, fun events, laid back environment,(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover, they don't mind training new people in order to save on salary(in 9 reviews)

• Upper management seems disconnected from the rest of the industry(in 8 reviews)

Tough sales position. Potential in the long run

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYour day is your day. When things are good... they are great.

ConsLong hours to be successful. Not much guidance. When things are bad... they are really bad

Decent out of college job, don't expect to get paid much!

ProsAwesome work environment, cool managers, fun work environment.

ConsYou will be broke if this is your first time in RADIO. Don't be fooled, you are selling RADIO spots, everything else is extra.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire fresh talent if you are not serious about training and providing a real book of business for them to get started.

Innovative, Progressive and Great Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsChallenging and rewarding environment. Terrific Assets, Events and Brands to sell. Great work life balance. Health conscious, environmentally conscious and socially conscious. Supportive management at all levels. One of the only media groups that can see past tomorrow and understands the needs of advertisers and listeners. Fun.

ConsDemanding schedule, hours can be long.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Politically incorrect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome fun outgoing people to work with.

ConsTop management gravitates towards a "business strategy du jour" without much regard for cultural impact.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you hire talented people, give them the objective then get out of their way.

Great atmosphere, though at times...stressfull

Account Executive (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat atmosphere/co-workers, great stations, excellent perks.

ConsAt times stressful, focus is constantly changing, low vacation time.

Media Sales

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsCoworkers were cool, perks were pretty great, pay was good for the effort you put in. You learn a lot about corporate media and the tools they provided to do your job were pretty solid.

ConsUpper management pretty disorganized, not a clear mission across the board. Lots of pressure to perform. Cold calling and dealing with satisfied clients regularly.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your employees are people too.

Stream Team member for 100.7 The Wolf

Street Team (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosfriendly coworkers, fun events, laid back environment,

Conshigh turnover rate, when I worked there they had a lot of budget issues, had to cut a lot of jobs/promotional materials.
    Can be disorganized
    Low Pay

If you undervalue yourself and don't want to advance in your career, this is the place for you!

Pros- Good group of people
    - Free tickets to shows and events
    - Cool Office with a great view
    - Paid vacation and sick time
    - Decent insurance

ConsMy number one complaint with Entercom is compensation and the lack of opportunity for advancement. They would rather hire a new person and take on the additional cost of retraining someone before increasing a current employees salary. The overall message is "You're lucky to have a job and if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out". If you don't believe me, just take a look at David Fields Christmas letter he sent to all of his employees. Google "Entercom radio chief's clueless email". This pretty much sums it up.

Advice to Senior ManagementMorale sucks because of company meetings where you're told as an employee that your dissatisfaction isn't due to being grossly underpaid but instead is the result of not having a best friend at work.

Think about decreasing your salary so that you can actually pay the people that make you look good a living wage.

Own up to your failures instead of placing the blame on a middle manager that you purposely put into place so that you don't have to take responsibility for your poor decision making.

Try listening to people that aren't necessarily "Radio People" but actually know what they are talking about.

Good opportunity

Street Team (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsExposure to radio listeners that allows for marketing experience.

ConsNot much room for movement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk more with Street Teamers.

Sinking ship

On-Air (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsFun, low expectations, good work life balance, free concerts. Was not a bad time over all for me personally, but that's just me.

ConsRadio is a dying dinosaur and sales had a high stress gig, The entire time there they were not profitable, so I jumped ship.

Advice to Senior Managementmeh

Worked for Entercom? Contribute to the Community!