Enterprise Commercial Trucks

Enterprise Commercial Trucks Reviews

Updated February 19, 2015
Updated February 19, 2015

Andrew C. Taylor

When you are doing well it is a great high. but when you hit a low it can be hard to pick yourself up.

I have been working at Enterprise Commercial Trucks

Pros

Very flexible with your schedule when you need time off.
    Quarterly sales trainings
    offer full benefits

Cons

long hours
    corporate sends an email about every little thing - they say you are suppose to run the business as you would but every decision you make they send you an email asking why

The company is a great for an entry level position. Lots of hours...you will get down and dirty, while learning a lot

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Enterprise Commercial Trucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learn a ton, like you were running your own business. Work hard, but the benefits and vacation are great. The work atmosphere itself is great as long as the current GTM is not there in the office. Customers are down to earth and when you do get to get out and sell, its rewarding!

Cons

Management and upper management. Terrible. Very much like working with people who treated you like garbage and then put on a happy face when corporate came around. Company needs to do a much better job of getting rid of the bad apples that are currently crippling the division

Get rid of the current GTM, he is terrible. He isn't helping your business at all...people are leaving because of him. Work, life balance needs to improve as well or you will have that continuous revolving door of people coming in. Also, management should get paid off of new closed business....along with the bottom line. They are essentially doing two jobs!

Assistant Branch Manager Enterprise Truck Rental

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Hialeah Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Hialeah Gardens, FL

I have been working at Enterprise Commercial Trucks

Pros

Multi-billion dollar company
    NationwideJob Security
    High growth potential
    Good bonuses and benefits
    Compensation can be good depending on production

Cons

Work/Life balance
    Medial/Non "specialized skill" specific work

It all depends on the group you work for

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Enterprise Commercial Trucks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent hours
    Easy Job
    Drive around a lot

Cons

Growth is horrible, no room for promotions due to people just staying in their positions for as long as they like
    Non-existent commission structure for sold business
    Expectations vs reality are a bit out of whack

Add a commission structure to promote new business growth
    be realistic about new business growth when supply and availability is very low

Job Review

Current Employee - Account Executive in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Enterprise Commercial Trucks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with. Everyone from management to service technicians always willing to help and answer questions. Great career opportunities if you are willing to work hard. Great brand to work for.

Cons

Pay is low. $12.04 an hour with 1% commission on new accounts closed for first six month of said account being open. No work-life balance. Have to spend a lot on clothing and shoes.

Offer more pay. Offer more flexible hours. Give out stipends for clothing and travel.

Enterprise is a great opportunity

I have been working at Enterprise Commercial Trucks

Pros

You gain sales experience and make life long business connections. YOu learn how to manage and run a business

Cons

long hours pay is low

Enterprise

I have been working at Enterprise Commercial Trucks full-time

Pros

Variety of work experience and strong career starter. Great opportunity for growth and self promotion

Cons

high stress, competitive environment, performance is numbers and sales based

The other side of the fence is not always greener

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Trucks is nice on a couple of points, the first being that we close at 5pm everyday except Saturday and we don't work Sundays. The clientele is almost completely different, dealing with contractors and working men is a stark contrast from the perpetual "yes" mentality of daily rental, if we really can't do it, we can't do it. It gives you more of a sense of urgency when trying to land that reservation. The sales training and sales experience is very good and you get an understanding of what it takes to be an actual salesperson as opposed to selling package items.

Cons

The cons are many. You get promoted to Assistant and your salary drops back to MT level, which is okay because you're getting paid off the bottom line, right? Wrong. If you get 'promoted' to an office wracked with bad debt, the result of prior management who A. Did nothing, and B. Didn't care, then YOU get to suffer the consequence. If a major account closes up shop right before you get there, guess what? SOL. No security blanket for when the branch isn't profitable and no safeguards against totally losing your a$$ one month will leave you begging mommy and daddy, gradma, whoever has money, for a 'lone'. I effectively got 'promoted' to revert back to a less-than-college style of living. Boo.

If you want your Assistants to want to progress to the next level and try, then you need to take care of them. Put safeguards in place to they're not begging for money just to pay rent, and heaven forbid, live. Before I was 'promoted' I was gung-ho about the Truck division, but once I was exposed to just how much upper-management didn't care, I have made a compulsive habit out of applying to any job opening I see. Even Pop's fast food.

Better than car rental, but still Enterprise

Former Employee - Account Specialist
    Former Employee - Account Specialist

I worked at Enterprise Commercial Trucks

Pros

You get actual sales experience and you build some good professional relationships in your area. Good for resume building and interview stories.

Cons

Same as car rental, pay is hbad hours are even worse. I left at 6 and got home at 6 everyday and if I was 5 minuets late it was the end of the world, but it was ok if I had to stay late all the time. Smaller division so the glass cieling pretty much starts at the assistant manager level. Trucks are old and beat up so they are breaking down all of the time, and you have to deal with the situation. Do your time and get the hell out of there, I was exhausted every day and had no time for a social life. Enterprise is a horrible company!!!!!!!!!

If you want to call it a slaes job, give a real bonus structure for closing accounts. The bonuses are a joke and make you realize that you can get paid double in a real sales job.