Enterprise Consulting Solutions Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Paxton Jevnick

Pros
  • Job offered lots of autonomy, decent pay, good mileage and travel time pay (in 3 reviews)

• They also reimburse some mileage and drive time if you go a distance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • You end up working more than 30 to close to 40 hours a week but no benefits (in 7 reviews)

• some lack of communication between schedulers and sites (in 4 reviews)

1. Good company values, low wage.

Pros

Great company values. You get back what you put in. Hard work always pays off. Management is really involved and personable.

Cons

Pay is pretty low. While techs who are no-shows are pretty rare, when they do not show up, or they call out, you are blamed and you receive the ire of the doctor's office.

Advice to Management

For all the work Field Tech Coordinators do, paying them $12 an hour is a pittance.

2. Medical Record Field Tech

Former Employee - Medical Record Field Tech in Colonial Heights, VA
    Former Employee - Medical Record Field Tech in Colonial Heights, VA

I worked at Enterprise Consulting Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Wish it was a full time permanent position.

Cons

Enjoyed traveling meeting people and the freedom to work independently.

3. Discrimination of sexuality and medical diagnosis

Pros

Some of my coworkers helping me out and the fact of a job to help out with bills

Cons

Constantly discrimination towards me after knowing my sexuality and medical diagnosis they threaten my job they don't let me do things other employees are aloud to do

Advice to Management

Get new management

5. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Medical Records Field Technician in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Records Field Technician in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great Place to Work For Great For Traveling Easy Work For Tech Savy Individuals

Cons

Must have great running transportation Pay rate

Advice to Management

None

6. Field Technician

Former Employee - Medical Records Field Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Medical Records Field Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Enterprise Consulting Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working here is a learning experience, which is helpful if you are considering whether or not to begin, or continue working in healthcare.

Cons

It wasn't until the first day on the job that I was assigned to a field technician coordinator, which field techs are required to make 4 calls to throughout the day to report our status and general information such as retrieval times, times of departure, any problems and so forth. Supposedly, technicians were assigned a field tech coordinator the week prior to starting the position. I made mention of the fact that I didn't have one I was assigned to yet, and was told to contact the emergency tech line for the time being to inform them of my whereabouts. The first day of work, I still didn't know who the person was until I received word from the clinic contact where I was stationed. As it turns out, the field tech coordinator told me she was new that day as well, "so we would be learning together". That was one of the first red flags I became aware of: Why would I be assigned to someone with zero experience in the field in the event I have questions - which I did - about work on the first day? The day after, she must have quit because every day following that, I was contacted by a different field tech coordinator, even several different ones in a single day. This company tells you if you do everything by the book (in this case, the training manual) you'll be okay, but nothing is by the book working here and the retrieval policies and guidelines were never consistent - no matter what the training coordinator told us at our 4 hour web-presentation. There is a zero learning curve here. If you fail to meet the per hour quota for the day, beginning the week after being hired, you risk being warned and terminated. They are so anal about this that one of the field tech coordinators called me on the third day I was working for them and questioned me why I didn't make the 7.5 charts per hour quota for the first day of hire.... Once I told him I was new, I then told him it was a site that stated in my schedule details that it was to be a "flash drive" site, meaning all the data needing pulled was on the electronic chart system, and that there may be some paper charts. Well, the majority of charts (90 in total) needing pulled that day, were paper charts which take longer to retrieve than direct chart system to flash drive retrievals. He then berated me that I should have contacted the emergency tech line immediately because this affects the entire way the schedule is set up. I in fact did call the emergent line and notified one of the tech coordinators that day (prior to being informed of who my assigned coordinator was) as we need to run a test batch of 5 charts to upload to the company if using a flash drive, but I couldn't because all the charts I was coming across were paper charts. The emergent tech coordinator I alerted this to essentially stated that was fine. I made notes regarding the majority of charts were paper as well, but the tech coordinator who was berating me stated the notes weren't enough... There is no requirement for our supervisors to have medical experience. So there you have it. Field technicians are being supervised and bossed around by those with zero experience in the field and no medical experience. There is a disconnect between upper management and the field technicians, and that is why this business model is failing so fast and so miserably.

Advice to Management

As for hiring tech coordinators, make it a requirement that applicants have a medical background or at the very least, have had 1 plus year(s) experience working as an actual field technician. Don't turn a blind eye to the techs and only pay attention to the bottom line.

7. Field Tech

Former Employee - Field Technician in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Worcester, MA

Pros

Went to some really good clinics and Dr's offices

Cons

Where do I begin. My contact started the week before me and knew nothing about the job. I had to explain what it was I was doing, she couldn't answer my questions and was basically no help. I was over scheduled for almost every job some times by a week or more, then I would have no work for days. They questioned everything I did. Lugging the case sucks. Accused me of breaking PHI when I didn't. I was badged by contact at the site, givin a miniscule area to set up, I called my rep immediately and was givin no help. The site complained about me and the company sided with them and I was let go, even though I documented everything that happened including having severe neck and should pain from working in crappy space. Oh yeah and forget about training. This company sucks!! The job is now posted for $1.50 more per hour than I was making, another insult.

Advice to Management

Support your team member who is out in the field and train your FTC's a little!

8. ECS

Current Employee - Field Medical Records Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Field Medical Records Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enterprise Consulting Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Independent work, no one peering over shoulder

Cons

majority of time in traffic

Advice to Management

accure contrats closer together,

9. Field Tech Coordinator

Former Employee - Field Tech Coordinator/Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Field Tech Coordinator/Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Work is easy and basically the same thing every day. If you like a predictable work load then this could be the job for you. If you show up, on time, regularly you'll stand out and get noticed by management.

Cons

Micro-managed workload. The expectations are clear but you need to do everything by the book to avoid being chastised. Little room for creativity or personal preferences in how you get your work done. High turnover so employee moral tends to be low. Employees not valued as individuals.

Advice to Management

Take more time to boost moral and you'll see an increase in people wanting to stick around and do a good job. Let people manage their own workload however they like so long as the work gets done. For example, don't tell me when to check my voicemail or email. Most adults are able to prioritize on their own but with management always breathing down your neck it is an environment most people would rather not stay in. Treat your good employees well and they'll stay so you aren't constantly having to hire and train new employees.

10. Terrible!

Former Employee - Field Technician in Nampa, ID
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Nampa, ID

I worked at Enterprise Consulting Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyable work and helpful, friendly people at vendor sites.

Cons

Training almost non-existent. They are completely bottom line, number driven. You have to go into each new site and learn that site's EMR system on the fly. There is no room for a learning curve in ECS employee productivity expectation. The second day on the job I got hounded for my productivity. Supervisors with poor people skills.

Advice to Management

Give employees a chance to learn the job. Stop repeatedly asking for information in the chart that isn't there, especially when the employee already noted that.

Decent pay

Current Employee - Chart Checker? in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Chart Checker? in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise Consulting Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Schedules work for me, people are OK.

Cons

Not garneted hours, temp position.

Advice to Management

Try to run things smoothly, an remember we're adults not children.

RSS Feed </> Embed