Enterprise Integration

Updated November 17, 2014
3.3

Enterprise Integration CEO Michael E. Locher
Michael E. Locher

I have been part of world class IT service delivery and global support to clients worldwide, transforming IT operations.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Enterprise Integration full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enterprise Integration is a first class company that truly cares about top notch service delivery to its clients. I have worked there for over three years and completely enjoy the experience. I work with a lot of talented, caring people and can't say enough about the leadership team. The CEO "has sense to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it". (Quote from Theodore Roosevelt)

Cons

EI is on the leading edge of transforming the IT service delivery industry. At times, I wish the transformation was happening quicker!

You are on the right track and your vision will pay off! Keep the momentum going!

The GREAT Wave of CHANGE!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Enterprise Integration full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is a lot of talent within this organization and leadership support for their future growth. EI offers career paths and educational compensation benefits to their employees. Our leadership team is positive, motivating and they inspire me to come to work each day. We are extremely thankful for our newest family member, Jim Pennella. He is going to steer our sails in the right direction as we ride the GREAT wave of change! This company will only excel from here and I am excited to be onboard!!

Cons

- Organizational ADD (it's an IT industry what can you do!)
    - With IT being a 24x7 industry, it may require additional efforts outside of your normal scope. (Thankfully, leadership compensates you for your efforts and can be flexible with your schedule.)

In meetings, put your tablets, phones and laptops in a box by the door. Focus on the people at the table, it will make for a much more productive meeting.

Great company moving towards the future

I have been working at Enterprise Integration full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere and talented people. New VP of Strategic Accounts has brought energy and fantastic ideas to the company and a new marketing campaign really highlights what makes this company exceptional.

I enjoy working with a company that is focused on changing how IT is delivered and perceived by IT users. Automation and Digital Robotics is the focus along with strong customer service. Looking forward to contributing to the next generation of IT delivery!

Cons

Since IT is 24 X 7 there are long hours, management is flexible in supporting time off to adjust for those time commitments.

Continue to focus on digital robotics and employee development to meet the future of IT. Continue with current marketing strategy and business development efforts.

Shifting Tides but I am up for the ride

Current Employee - Global Services Front in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Global Services Front in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Enterprise Integration full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is shifting to a new model that I like. It combines teams which finally breaks down silos that hampered the work experience in the past. Now we can work as a team and truly collaborate. I have a better opportunity to achieve my goals here faster than big corporations.

Cons

Put down the books
    Watch organizational ADD
    Need to hire more from within which should occur with new programs (Hoping)

Talk more and interact more with the front line

Warm and Fuzzy Feeling

Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Enterprise Integration full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small family team approach
    Fluid vision and business development
    Beautiful office space
    Lots of friendly faces to assist with feeling welcome

Cons

Office experiences high turnover
    Some long tenured people tend to walk with a "cloak of invulnerability" despite any mission critical mistakes they may make

Great experience in what NOT to look for in a company.

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Enterprise Integration full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. There were a lot of great, talented people with various skill sets - Great learning opportunities
    2. The social culture at the time, outside of management, was very friendly and unique.
    3. There were many training opportunities available at the time for certifications, courses, etc.

Cons

1.There is no work / life balance in this organization. You are expected to work very long hours, every day, and then do project work on top of it. Most people try to sustain this work ethic for the mere fact of hoping to get a Christmas bonus, which seems to be ever elusive.
    2. Branding the company after a Star Trek theme was a little much.
    3. Due to an excessively high turnover rate, this left employee morale in the gutter.
    4. It is embarrassing to be asked by recruiters "How did you survive working at Enterprise Integration?"

Its my personal belief that many employees are still there due to fear mongering that the executive leadership team provides. There have been several cases in past employees where the executive leadership team has called people's potential new employer to give them false reviews, to which point they got denied the job. If the management team actually reads these posts, It would be my opinion that you should probably rename the company, or just plain sell it. You have a very negative reputation around Jacksonville, despite buying various leadership awards from local journals.

Lack of executable vision by leaders that are not qualified to lead

Current Employee - Client Facing in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Client Facing in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Enterprise Integration full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice Building
    Good people though not necessarily put in positions to succeed
    Training is important
    Fresh faces - but that is due to churn
    Compensation is middle of the road
    There are some good leaders in the company; hopefully, they will be kept

Cons

* Leadership is sketchy at best.
       - Several leaders are introverts who do not communicate at all and are not connected to the people of the company; therefore, causing a serious gap in expectations and the ability to deliver to those expectations.
       - They simply cannot execute a vision and they change strategy constantly.
       - The CEO, though visionary, has caused a great deal of customer issues due to his inability to be tactful.
       - The company cannot create proper gross margin because the CEO practically gives the services away in order to get the business.
       - The service desk is tier 1 at best...escalated issues take forever to close. Primarily because of work assignments and staffing issues.
       - The contract structure used by EI is weak; SOWs are poorly written and terms are never enforced. Yet, employee contracts are so specific; no room for wiggle room is allowed. Draw your own conclusions.
       - They let good mid and senior management leaders go when any ideas that contradict the CEO are voiced.
       - This company is way too small to be as political as it has become.
    * Someone mentioned earlier that they are working to improve their processes...yes, that may be true, but there are still many issues where that instead of working through process problems, the knee-jerk reactions of the CEO to a customer complaint has cost more than few people their jobs. Many times, any process gain is destroyed through the inept, out-of-touch, incompetence of the CEO.
    * Insurance is terrible - very expensive and very few choices
    * Employee turnover is high - I've been asked, by multiple recruiters, how I survived as long as I did.
    * There is no 401k matching....it has been raised by the employees as one of the biggest issues yet it has been largely ignored.

Set a specific vision and work to execute that vision. Plain and simple.
    Value the people that will help you achieve that vision.
    Develop a metric that will define how to get additional headcount when needed and then allow that headcount to be hired.

Great on your resume, not a career...know as sweat shop of IT in Jax

Former Employee - Service Desk Technician in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Service Desk Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Enterprise Integration full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits of working in Managed Services, good benefits and great for the entry level tech,

Cons

Salary and mandatory overtime with no appreciation. leadership team takes all the credit for the work that the worker bee's do. Not much appreciation and most of the managers are a glowing bright star in their own heads. No coaching to improve, just do it their way or get written up. Although they offer training reimbursement, it is only approved if it is part of your current job description.

Don't expect to move up or learn much, you are silo'd and only offered to learn other areas on your own time

Reward the customer facing employees like they used to before getting so big.. Offer recognition and praise to the ones doing the work, not the manager who just made sure they came in and worked all day.

A paycheck earned with blood, sweat, and tears -- no real feeling of accomplishment

Former Employee - Security Engineer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Security Engineer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Enterprise Integration full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- A fair place to learn the MSP world.
    - Fancy building (if you're into such things).
    - Tuition reimbursement (which you'll never have time to use).

Cons

- Senior leadership team is aloof, at best. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of synergy at the top. That disjointed front is observed by the lower level employees and it breeds distrust.
    - Work/life balance is touted, but not delivered.
    - A supposed ITIL shop that lacks a spine and kowtows to the whim of the customer - even if it means drilling the support staff into the ground in order to support lofty goals.
    - No 401k matching.
    - Worship of inferior principles (to the point of zealotry) of Charles Araujo.

- Stand up to unrealistic demands from customers. Yes, it is true that without the paying customer, there would be no revenue, however, there has to be a happy medium where realistic expectations are set, timelines are feasible, and resources are given the appropriate tools to accomplish the job (be it technical or personnel) .
    - Listen to your employees, i.e., climate survey. Nearly 89% of respondents spoke out for a 401k match [of some type]. Nothing was done about it. It is public knowledge that the compensation/benefits there are lackluster at best in the Jacksonville market (for members not on the senior leadership team). Source: Every recruiter in town.

EI is great for business ...if you're in the staffing headhunter business

Former Employee - Client Engagement Director in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Client Engagement Director in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Enterprise Integration full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As others have posted... flashy building ... big screens.

Cons

No Sr. management leadership - 50's style company with the leadership style and makeup that reflect just that. - Politics have replaced achievement. - VP of ops dumped from another company found a home with equally under-accomplished people and effective at protecting his turf. CEO/CTO both very uneven personalities...probably a result of the anxiety medications. Executive leadership team very junior with very poor people management skills.

If you're considering EI... then keep your resume updated... witnessed a whole team of engineers terminated /after being unnecessarily intimidated. You will be under paid... you will be screamed at... your job will be threatened. Learn how to write apologetic emails to clients... you will have many opportunities to perfect this craft.

I would recommend leadership/diversity training. Find real / seasoned executives... to help you establish effective strategy and improve employee retention. Despite having a strategically placed asset/client consultant to mask your failures in many of your accounts... at some point your many failures and apologetic emails will not be enough.

Enterprise Integration Photos