Enterprise Products

Michael A. Creel

TOP MLP in Midstream Services Industry

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Houston, TX

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for advancement. Open to suggestions regarding streamlining processess and procedures. Leadership listens to new ideas. Where others are cutting back the workforce, we continue to grow in terms of $$ and footprint. Competitive benefits.

Cons

The company doesn't sponsor the communities where our assets are located and this would also help with branding of the company.

I'd like to see my senior management pull the department together more often for trainings and continued development opportunities. Overall, very happy with senior management and their leadership qualities. Great company to work for in the midstream services industry.

Operator/safety coordinator (def: operator coordinates all safety in their area of responsibility) for nearly 20 years.

Pros

Pay was good, co-workers good, benefits good. During my time they had a very liberal sick leave program. Pretty much take off at a whim.

Cons

Management/supervision will listen to your advice and suggestions then ignore you and do nothing. I mentioned safety issues many times and followed the hierarchy up. I had an unusual connection with Mr. Creel, even lunched with him downtown. Finally mentioned I had some issues, how should I deal with it. He referred me to two VP's and after much anguish I went to one of them with the issues I had tried to solve with lower levels. Inside of one month many changes were made and are ongoing. Less than six months after I exposed the poor safety culture, the West Storage facility blew up. I wish I had acted sooner. After that I began to feel much pressure and less cooperation and help from the safety department. It was obvious I was on my way out. That pressure along with them putting me in unsafe situations broke my health and they would not find work for me and I was 'eased out' on LTD. I am hoping that the culture has changed for the better but from what I read on here, it doesn't sound much improved and turnover rate is worse.

I don't think they will listen because they behave like most of corporate America. The money factor is what it is all about and that is important. However, I would hope that they could get more people oriented. They say that people are their most valuable asset but it doesn't relate to better treatment. I don't know, it's just I sure do have less stress now that I am gone from the company. I teach safety now and am self employed and much happier. I wish them the best.

Good when the times are good.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Very diverse and a great opportunity to learn the industry. Interaction between departments is beneficial for someone who enjoys to be socials.

Cons

Very high contractor to direct-hire positions. Very difficult to be direct hire and contractors can be released with little or no warning.

Be respect full to all of your employees, contractors and direct-hires alike. If it comes time to part ways, please treat them with the same respect you showed them while you were working there. Don't treat them as if they didn't contribute and didn't matter to the team. Especially if there was no wrong doing and you found their performance satisfying.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with lots of opportunities. The work is fast paced and there is a large variety of experience to gain.

Pros

I feel fortunate that everyone I have worked closely with has been very supportive, uplifting, and willing to teach.

Cons

Your experience with the company depends on the department you are in. For me, the people I work with make the job enjoyable.

Environmental

Pros

The pay is good, however, they will expect a lot in return. Enterprise also supports additional training and allows the employees to attend seminars, even if it is out of town. Being a big company you are provided with, or have access to the latest software and hardware.

Cons

Understaffed. Competence is lacking, especially with the new hires.

Managers in corporate, the ones calling the shots haven't a clue how things work in the real world. They also don't have any experience in the field which becomes painfully obvious by some of the programs that have been implemented.

Awesome company to work for, would do it again!

Former Employee - Field Engineering Intern  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Field Engineering Intern in Houston, TX

Pros

Great company they know how to make money with assets. Everyone was nice and helpful even to interns and new people. They give you tons of responsibility quickly and reward hard work and dedication.

Cons

Worked in Mount Belvieu and lived in Houston and the commute was terrible. Other than that no complaints.

Managers were very nice, helpful and experienced. I have nothing bad to say about them.

Mixed experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

I worked with a lot of really smart, motivated people. The company is willing to spend money on technology (important to me since this position was in IT). Salary was at market for the job and city.

Cons

Many people, and the company culture as a whole, are change-resistant. It is difficult to implement new processes because so many employees have been there a long time and do not see a need to improve how things are done. Benefits were sub-par compared to the other comparable companies I've worked for (same industry, similar size).

Listen to your employees. Be accessible to them. Reward innovation. Update your benefits packages to match the current millennium.

Total complete lack of leadership.

Current Employee - Pipeline Technician  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Pipeline Technician in Little Rock, AR

Pros

The pay is competitive, benefits are competitive, and some areas I am told are nice to work in. Hourly employees are nice people.

Cons

Supervisors and Area Managers are Joke, Total lack of knowledge in what they supervise, No help or support to hourly employees at all, In fact a hindrance to their productivity. They are completely nuts with the amount of admin responsibilities given to the actual workers just so the supervisors and managers can go play golf everyday it doesn’t rain. Inconsistency in the way they implement their policies will drive you up the wall. Only way to advance is to cow down to the managers and give in to his every whim. Not a pleasant work atmosphere.

Make sure your management and supervisors have some knowledge of the work they are supervising and managing, Quit being so gullible about your Mangers, you have some very unethical ones!

Horrible, Just horrible!

Current Employee - Pipeline Operator
    Current Employee - Pipeline Operator

Pros

pay competitve, benefits competitive, other hourly employees nice.

Cons

The hourly people who do ALL the work are treated like numbers, Too many layers of management, supervisors chosen strictly by the buddy, suckup system. Hourly employees treated unfairly managers allowed to yell at you, threaten you, and punish you with no recourse to take.

None! They wouldnt listen anyway

Pipeline Controller

Current Employee - Pipeline Controller  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Pipeline Controller in Houston, TX

Pros

They pay good for your experience.
    Good benefits.
    Some good people to work for if you get the right manager and team mates.
    Good schedule and you get almost all of your days off.
    I would recommend a friend to get training to go elsewhere.

Cons

Prompt the wrong people, if you're not a suck a** forget it even though you have more knowledge and may be better for the job.
    Management lacks direction. Managers are puppets for the upper management.
    They PREACH safety but all management cares about is the bottom dollar and how much money is made at all cost.
    There's a sever lack of professionalism.
    No bonuses or sick time.
    You work under a microscope and everyone wants to place blame elsewhere. It's constant CYA. You are a robot and better not make a mistake.
    Large control room and have lost the TEAM atmosphere.
    People will step on you to get ahead and try to make you look bad to better themselves.
    Management lets you know you're just a pee'on and there's constant micro-management and braidment from Management.
    Management blows the smallest things out of proportion and lets everyone know about it.
    Over worked and now one cares.
    High turnover rate.
    If you want good pay and benefits you have to put up with way to much politics, but that comes with the large setting of the conrtol room. There is a clear divide among control groups. I would take less money for less headache and BS.

Quit putting puppets in positions they can't handle and have folks that will give you a NO answer even when you don't want to hear it, sometimes that needs to be said. Listen to your employees.

Worked for Enterprise Products? Contribute to the Community!