Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

54 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat learning experience, they really teach you great leadership in a positive way. Company pays for lunch often and takes employees out for happy hour when goals are reached. Management is fun and efficient. Great place to start a career.

Conslow pay, very sales based.

Great summer internship experience

Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee)
Mesa, AZ

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for less than a year

ProsI was able to improve on my business skills including; management, sales, customer service and entrepreneurship. I had a great leadership staff my first month. They were more than helpful and very fun to work with. Rewarding experience.

ConsThe job is as enjoyable as the people you work with at the branch. My first month was a lot of fun because the people I worked with were cool and very driven. In roughly a week the branch went through a huge turnover and I had to work with a set of new managers. We were then understaffed for quite a while which made operations around the branch difficult. I feel as though this could have been handled better and avoided.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrepare for employee turnover and don't leave the employees at the branch out to dry in those situations.

Bad experience as an intern

Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for less than a year

ProsPeople are easy going and outgoing. Training week is fun.

ConsHorrible hours. As an intern while 15 units in school made to work 12 hour days. Always understaffed. YOU will end up washing cars in the rain/heat in your business suit. No reason for an education in this job. People are unmotivated and underachievers. Arrive at 7am leave at 6pm. Gross offices. Women will have to drive with men alone in cars, can often be uncomfortable and unsafe. Do not even provide with cellular phones when all your doing is being a taxi service all day and have to use your own phone to call customers!! AWFUL. Don't get roped in by empty promises.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people more. Upgrade your technology. With all of the phone calls people are making provide them with blue tooth and phones.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great entry level job with growth oppurtunities into management.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible hours, travel opportunities and lots of training provided.

ConsCustomer complaints on a corporate level being reflected to the branch.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease auditing of branch manager book-keeping, ie hours for part time workers.

Overwhelming

Management Trainee (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

ProsTons of training opportunities. Lots of other like-minded employees, mostly fresh out of college, which provides for a fun work environment. Respected company to have on your resume, hiring managers understand Enterprise works the heck out of their employees.

ConsStressful. 50 hour work weeks. Lack of promotional opportunities outside of the daily rental part. LOW PAY for the hard work and stress each employee takes on.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffice culture is many times fun, although with the constant "customer is always right" attitude, it is hard to feel as though any of my managers had a backbone.

Interview question should be, "what frat/sorority where you in or what position did you play?"

Assistant Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStable employment, always promotions available, not stuck in office setting all day, good training program, good networking tool, decent healthy benefits, usually good coworkers in the office, commuter car when branch manager or above

ConsLong hours, unrealistic expectations, lack of follow through, empty promises, political b.s., always short staffed, work load to pay ratio is poor, never really get to go marketing, work weekends, upper management, dealing with lowest level of the general public makes you doubt survival of the human race.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood sales people do not equate to good managers. You require so many reports that are duplicate that it takes away the ability to perform job functions. If you are going to make promise, follow through with them. Hire enough people at each branch to perform job duties so people stop working an hour after closing. Employees are dissatisfied with their work life balance and having happy hours with coworkers after work are the last things I want to do if I have a family.

a great job but you have to know when to get out

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Prosthe people you work with are amazing

Consnot preparing the branches with enough vehicles

Advice to Senior Managementshorter work hours

Don't expect a career

Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBenefits and discounts are pretty good. Good foundation job and training for future employers. Other employers love hiring Enterprise employees.

ConsOver worked and under paid from Management Trainee to Branch Manager. Little to no support from upper management. Upper management forces you to inflate numbers and stats to make them look good but yet wants you to do things ethically.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management needs to go back to one of their values of Our Employees are our most valuable asset.

waste of 4 years

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood management at beginning but they all moved on and were replaced with lazy ones who don't know what they're really doing

Consno assistance when needed and just make you do everything on your own, even run a store as a management assistant and still hold you to branch manager expectations

Advice to Senior Managementstand up for the people that work hard and not the suck ups

Over worked, under paid, under valued. Great experience but leave as soon as you have it!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat experience, or at least looks great on the resume. Jobs were hard to come by in the recession and they hired me. If taken seriously ERAC can prepare you for a real career.

ConsOverworked (49+ hours at a MT and 60-70+ as an Assistant). Underpaid (starting pay at 32K and as one of the highest paid AM in AZ I was pulling in less than 50K). Frat house mentality can be grating, especially for those who aren't amicable to that lifestyle and who aren't fans of professional/collegiate sports. Most managers (area and above) I encountered were incompetent, selfish and manipulative. Dress code makes LDS missionaries look like Liberace and if you have a shred of "style" you're constantly berated for it. As an Assistant, I was lucky to get 1 lunch break a week (working at least 6 days a week). Don't get sucked into the "6 year, $100K" nonsense...its nearly impossible with ERAC and you're more likely to make that kind of money with 1-2 years of ERAC experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax...you're renting cars not saving the planet. Respect your employees, respect work life balance and properly train and develop your employees. ERAC preaches that it is a 'family' business but they don't care about their employees or their families.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car reviews and ratings in Arizona — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enterprise Rent-A-Car CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson. All 54 reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees.