Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

44 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Over worked. Empty promises.

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

ProsNone. absolutely nothing. There is nothing good about this company. Well except that the managers smoke and drink in the office.

ConsThug, fraternity type management. Management was clueless, more concerned about making themselves look good. This is for the people with no real skill.

Advice to Senior ManagementShut down.

Branch Manager

Branch Manager (Former Employee)
Union City, GA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEasy to get promoted, decent pay for top performers but in reality you have to work 60-70 hrs to achieve 100k plus income.

ConsSevere stress, zero work life balance, out of touch upper management, fire best paid employees to lower employee cost/overhead. Have to drink 6 redbulls a day to keep up with the madness of finding, renting, cleaning cars all while providing insane customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to lie so much

Don't drink the kool aid

Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

ProsSteady income
Learn hidden agendas of large corporations

ConsLong Hours
Only one way to get promoted
Washing cars in business suits
Ripping of customers

Understaffed, underpaid, underappreciated

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe immediate co workers are great and can understand your pain and frustration. Alot of the customers are great. Its nice building rapport with them. That is all that I can say after 6 years.

ConsI dont even have the time... This list is as long as my arm. This company is filthy rich and treats its employees like they are on a Ramen noodle budget.. It is a shame.. Turnover is highand would be higher if employees had a day off or werent completely exhausted every single day of the week.

Advice to Senior ManagementArea Managers need to stop managing from behind a desk.. Get out and work like everyone under you .

Horrible place to work...very disrespectful management"

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

ProsDriving the newest cars was the best part...lunch breaks were a good

ConsManagement was horrible. Was repeatedly reprimanded and told I was horrible at my job even though I was consistently making TPC and was #1 on the regional sales matrix multiple times as well. Horrible working hours. Lied to during hiring process of working hours and work environment. Was also informed after hired, "we sold you a dream, now it is your turn to try and make it a reality". Very misinformed during initial hiring process and during training. It was only until I worked there for a while did I learn the true nature of this company. 12-14 hour days

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect and do not call them degrading names. RESPECT!

Great resume builder.

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

ProsGood people to work with, benefits

Conshours customer complaints poor management

Advice to Senior Managementpay the workers more and less hours. actually stand up for your employees not that customer is always right bull

Horrible, Dont waste your time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

ProsIt sounds good. They do a nice job of selling the idea to you with growth opportunities and a marginal salary.

ConsAll they look for are "sheeple" who can sell. They make it sound nice and as if there are opportunities to grow, but its based on how many people you can scam into unnecessary insurance programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn some values and impart them in your management style. Stop asking the generic "tell me a time when..." interview questions.

Enterprise Sucks

Management Trainee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

ProsThe people are awesome! Best coworkers I ever had.

ConsEverything! The long hours, the stupid customer is always right mentality, the pay, the guise of promotion but not getting promoted because you didn't kiss up...really everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust do better. Your company's core values and ethics are comprised daily by the poor way that business is run in rental branches.

Do NOT work here unless it is your only option. You will hate your life.

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

ProsMost of the people you will work with will be great. You will be with young, like-minded, similar colleagues. Some of my closest friendships began at Enterprise.

Consreally long hours- as many as 60 hours/week, hourly pay, unruly clientele, bad managers, weekend work.

they have a required maximum for each employee of 49 hours a week. Very often they work you longer than that and remove your hours from the clock-in so that management looks like they are complying with HR's rules.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel like there were some managers that did a great job at developing employees and then there were a few that seemed to play favorites. My advice would be to pretend that it is your career that you are advising when counseling an employee.

sucked

Management Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Prosthe people are fun and i still keep in touch w/ many

Conshours, no life/work balance, pay sucks, can't get promoted no matter how apt you are, major glass ceiling

Advice to Senior Managementquit being cheap, all your talent is leaving, promote based on merit not race or good ole' boy system, etc

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car reviews and ratings in Atlanta, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enterprise Rent-A-Car CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson. All 44 reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees.