Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
3,248 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 249 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 176 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 525 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 923 reviews)

More Highlights

81 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great pay, great experience, fast promotions,

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

You can rapidly advance your career in a very short time.

Cons

The hours can be brutal but the payoff is amazing,

Keep a focus on continued training.

This job takes over your life...

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Intensive and effective training program
    -Most employees are very fun and usually genuinely nice
    -Potential to move up very fast if you work hard enough
    -Great discount on rentals
    -Happy hours and fun events

Cons

-Very demanding: long hours and low pay, especially starting out
    -Again, alot of hours, working weekends and holidays (especially at airport location)
    -They'll make you work at the airport for at least 4 months, even if you don't want to
    -Airport locations are the best money but you work weekends and holidays
    -Management can be really good or really bad. Some superiors actually care about you, some don't
    -Constantly being asked to come in early, stay late or work through your lunch break
    -Spend half your work day outside, even during Chicago winter...

Work hard, Sell hard, get rewarded

Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Hard work is rewarded.
    Selling is the main way to move up.
    Most managers are promoted based on experience.
    Promotions are 100% internal.

Cons

Long hours (11+ hour days depending on branch location and business volume)
    Wash cars in shirt and tie.
    Everyone is "sold" the same dream. 6 years 6 figures, moving up quick, etc.

Good job.

A great place to work because of the business skills you develop and the customer/professional relationships you form.

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As long as you are putting in the results you will move up the ladder fast and could possibly triple your salary in 3-4 years. The possibilities to expand your career are endless.

Cons

Work-life balance is bad. work 50-60 hours a week, saturdays and sundays included. It is hard to find the days to take your vacation because theres never anyone available to cover your shift.

Better work life balance!

Get out while the getting is good

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are hands down the best part of this company You make friends because you spend so much time together, but there are truly some great co-workers and managers mixed in the pyramid.

Cons

Pay is awful considering the hours worked - 65 hours per week is the norm, and work/life balance only exists if you force yourself to have a social life and not sleep. Expectations are unrealistic, business plans are outdated and COMPLETELY against the reality of working in daily rental.

Great way to learn the basics in business and customer servie

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great learning experience, you are taught the principle of excellent customer service. You get to drive some fun cars and meet some cool people.

Cons

Terrible hours, there is no work/life balance as they expect you to be owned y them. Expect to work 11 hours shifts. Hard to be promoted. Its all old school and they make you take long ridiculous test rather than being rewarded for you long and hard work. They usually only promote from with in.

Get rid of the test and promote people based on there work.

Great Company with the right Managers.

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company car, Outings, If the right Area Manager was in Place you could run your branch the way you like as long as you performed. I had the best time working for this company until they fired my Area Manager. He was the BEST manager I have ever had(My coworkers agreed). He sincerely cared about his employees FIRST then everything else. No matter what we asked of him he did. It is a great company to make good money and rise up quickly.

Cons

HOURS! LOOONGGG LOOONGGG Hours, Management looks down at you if you want to take time off. NO WORK LIFE BALANCE! Enterprise wants your work and Enteprise to BE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE! 50-55 hr weeks are a norm. Remember with getting up in the company it's who's butt you kiss.

Care more about your employees rather then your paycheck. Don't run your employees into the ground and think that a $20 pizza per month is going to make it all better.

Great place to work if you can handle working 50+ hours a week

Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The employees are all relatively young and in their 20's so it is easy to get along with your coworkers. After a few weeks you can essentially run your own branch

Cons

Hours are long, usually work 11-12 hour days but if your branch is busy the days go by fairly quick since you are doing a number of different tasks
    Some branches are harder to sell at than others, particularly insurance branches; however if you are driven by sales it is not much of an issue

Continue to stay closed on Sunday's. Some locations are starting to implement half days on Sunday's, which will drive people out of the company despite receiving time and a half.

Waste of time

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The job title looks great on resumes

Cons

The whole interview process was a complete waste of my time and the pay is not high enough.

Great for a Resume, Sub-Par Experience

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Enterprise gave me great experience in the field of sales, marketing and managing. After three months I was working my own location, but for where I live that isn't as overwhelming as if you were in a city. The people I worked with made each day exciting because everyone became my close friend within my three branches. Weekly incentives such as bonuses for sales, sales awards, "elite" dinners and company parties were always given.

Cons

Depending where you work at your sales can be pretty tough to come by. Where I was working they said it would take 6-9 months to realistically be promoted. Come to find out that that goal is unattainable due to lack of staffing and a poor area so sales goals were not easy to reach. Work life balance? Well.. Put it this way. If you like your Monday Night Football or if you like to be at home at decent hour to be with family.. Cut that out pronto. Mondays and Fridays I was typically up around 5-5:30am, and would usually get home around 7-7:30pm and depending on if it was tough day or not, sometimes later. After work meetings typically make your night last until around 9-9:30pm. Not a good job for someone who likes to enjoy life outside work. Upper management can be a great help, but are typically extremely unrealistic. They want you to get so many things done in a day and call you non stop and at that same time you have 15 reservations, 15 cars to clean, 10 cars returning, customers in your office, worrying about how you are going to get those additional 10 cars on the road before the day is over, worrying about how many cars you will need for the next day and in my case.. An office by myself. Mean while upper management is calling me over and over to send a pointless e-mail about sales and how to blah blah blah blah it doesn't even matter. Overall.. Looks great on your resume because employers understand the position. As a job itself. Something that I don't necessarily recommend.

Work on staffing. Work-life balance for employees. Work on a higher more competitive salary for MT's. Lower your unrealistic expectations.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos