Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights
67 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Amazing

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Northbrook, IL

ProsEnterprise promotes only from within. And in my 1 year here, i have seen so many of my friends and co-workers move up in the company, including myself.

ConsThe only thing i can think of is the commute to my office. Living in Chicago, it usually takes me over an hour to get to Northbrook,

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved

No Growth Outside of Sales

MT Enterprise (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEmployee Relationships
    Paid Time Off
    Benefits
    discount on rentals
    you get to look nice in a suit

ConsWork you like a slave
    no work life balance
    sweat your butt off in a suit and tie
    low pay
    no advancement outside of sales
    Internal interviews are a joke, they just go by who they think is cool not your experience or accomplishments

Advice to Senior Managementpay your "slaves" better
    Schedule better
    Send help and employees instead of letting an office drown

Ups and Downs

Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe employees. You'll work with some of the best people. You're co workers are in the trenches helping you deal with clueless, rude people. The majority of upper management are good people also.

ConsThe hours can be tough. A lot of the customers are just horrible people and can really chip away at your belief in humanity. There are really a lot of people out there that do not have a problem ripping you off or just being mean to you. And, some branch managers take themselves a little too seriously. Staffing is horrible. Nearly every operation is understaffed. It wears on people and makes it near impossible to take time off without screwing over your team.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees time. And please start staffing the branches again.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good when you are graduating from college

Management Trainee (Former Employee) South Holland, IL

ProsWork with some great people discount is great if u sell good you get to attend excellence outings

ConsWashing cars long hours no work life balance and watch what you do

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone's in a clique you have to watch out for yourself and management is just greedy and worried about you making them there check

Great internship with a lot of guidance from management

Intern (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsTeam environment, fast-paced, taught values of leadership, competitive environment

ConsLong hours and no additional compensation for sales

An OK place to start your career. Enter at your own risk.

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Glen Ellyn, IL

ProsI worked here as my first job out of college, for about a year. It was easy to get hired. I remember spending most of my time goofing off with my coworkers (who were usually pretty cool) and going on driving missions of every variety. Getting to know the regulars is fun too because you will meet some colorful people. Yes there is lots of potential for growth, and when future employers see you worked at ERAC you will get major props for being a hard worker. You really do bond with your colleagues who are in the trenches with you every day.

ConsLow pay, washing cars in suits, wet dress shoes, driving around in horrible freezing weather (up north), long hours, working weekends (if you are unlucky), short lunch breaks, stressful situations of running out of cars and/or available coworkers, mean people/ dealing with the public. If you end up at a bad branch, like my last one, you will hate going to work every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the compensation at least 6k more for all branch employees, or at least implement a generous bonus program that doesn't rely on selling overpriced insurance. It will definitely raise morale and cut down on turnover.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Morris, IL

ProsThe people. But the good ones dont stick around too long.

ConsTrick people into thinking they need enterprise's protection plan when you know full well that there insurance protection plan is MORE than enough. Wash cars majority of day in a suit and tie. Busy work if your not washing cars or at the counter ripping people off. Long hours. No commission. Low pay. Customer's are always upset about something so you learn good customer service skills. No work life balance. Transfer you more than an hour away with no notice or compensation(very frequent)

Advice to Senior ManagementYou rent cars. Quit making it out to be bigger than it is. There is no need to have your employees cleaning cars for tbe majority of the day in a suit and tie. And learn some ethics, quit ripping your customers off.

Great company for first job out of college

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou learn a lot about the different aspects of running a company, such as fleet management, marketing, customer service, insurance relationships, etc. Depending on your manager, you may be given the autonomy to create new business for the branch. You learn how to work in a constantly changing environment, managing several different high priority tasks. Also, your car will always be clean. Your peers will be type A, work hard play hard minded individuals.

ConsEven though your car will always be clean, your clothes won't. In the dead of winter or the heat of the summer, you may be picking the customer up, selling them a contract, wash the same car you picked them up in and send them on their way. If you do not upsell the client consistently, you will not be supported to move up in the company. You work 55-60 hours a week, some saturdays, and you aren't compensated well.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest time in your people, not just their sales numbers.

Management Trainee Intern

Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee) Mokena, IL

ProsWork with lots of young people, and have a lot of fun with your co-workers

ConsLONG days and LONG weeks. They do their best to keep every employee at 49 hours a week. So you work 11 hours a day, but get a half of one weekday off.

MT Intern

Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood Customer service experience
    Fun Environment
    Great people
    Very influencing managers
    great location

ConsNo incentive to sell
    Not the job you want if you don't like retail
    Hard to work around schedule
    Had to work late

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more incentive to sell to the Interns

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!