Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews in Columbia, SC

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service(in 221 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise(in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)(in 413 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6(in 805 reviews)

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Start to a career

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsGreat potential to promote, work experience here looks great on your resume

Consnot enough work/life balance, professional dress to wash cars... not for me

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on providing more support to middle management. They are the front line of what a management trainee comes into contact with, and it would be best if they are prepared and professional towards the management trainees. Only one assistant manager in my branch conducted himself in the appropriate manner.

Perfect Part-Time Job. Thats it..

Customer Return Agent, Shuttler (Former Employee) West Columbia, SC

ProsFlexible hours
    Easy Pay
    Opportunity to meet all types of different cultures of people.
    Opportunity to test drive a variety of vehicles

ConsNo advancement. Unless you have a degree, you're at a dead end.
    Managers take their positions to highly, as if their God.
    Will hire almost anyone of any type of character

Advice to Senior ManagementStop acting as if you own your employees, when in reality, their the ones that run the operation, and drive profit!

Hard work and good sales will pay off

Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsThey always promote from within so you never have to worry about them hiring a manager over you who has not been in your shoes and that hasn't done the task that you have done. Very easy to get along with co-workers and usually I found myself hanging out them outside of work as well.

ConsIf you don't excel at sales it will be harder to get promoted even though you may excel well above other employees in other key areas. The work days can tend to get long but on the plus side you usually have the weekends off or are getting off on Saturdays pretty early. Starting pay is pretty low but after being promoted to assistant manager and above the pay gets better.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the big picture when promoting instead of focusing mainly on sales to promote more well rounded managers. I know for myself I was average at sales and got passed up for some promotions when I truly believe that I was the best option for the position and proved it at different locations by making those branches more successful with better employees. Sales is not 100% of the job as a manager.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsGreat training that can be beneficial in finding other jobs; Opportunities to network with many different people in an array of different industries

ConsOverworked/Underpaid; Promotions are based on personal relationships with management instead of performance; Management does not follow through with promised bonuses and commission increases when goals are met; Company does not lead by their mission statement

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote fairly; Follow your mission statement by treating your employees fairly and awarding promised raises and bonuses; Investigate complaints more thoroughly

Insurance sales is the job...

Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsLearn a lot of information but you definately have to like "personal selling" in order to really enjoy the job. If you don't like to sell car insurance, don't work here.

ConsHave to wash cars all the time and deal with angry customers that were just in an accident most of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they should reinvent the buildings and entire design and employee clothing to be more updated. People giving you a car look stupid wearing suits when your renting a chevy aveo...

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!