Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
2,912 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Hard work and good sales will pay off

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They always promote from within so you never have to worry about them hiring a manager over you who has not been in your shoes and that hasn't done the task that you have done. Very easy to get along with co-workers and usually I found myself hanging out them outside of work as well.

Cons

If you don't excel at sales it will be harder to get promoted even though you may excel well above other employees in other key areas. The work days can tend to get long but on the plus side you usually have the weekends off or are getting off on Saturdays pretty early. Starting pay is pretty low but after being promoted to assistant manager and above the pay gets better.

Look at the big picture when promoting instead of focusing mainly on sales to promote more well rounded managers. I know for myself I was average at sales and got passed up for some promotions when I truly believe that I was the best option for the position and proved it at different locations by making those branches more successful with better employees. Sales is not 100% of the job as a manager.

Good Start to a career

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great potential to promote, work experience here looks great on your resume

Cons

not enough work/life balance, professional dress to wash cars... not for me

Focus on providing more support to middle management. They are the front line of what a management trainee comes into contact with, and it would be best if they are prepared and professional towards the management trainees. Only one assistant manager in my branch conducted himself in the appropriate manner.

Perfect Part-Time Job. Thats it..

Former Employee - Customer Return Agent, Shuttler  in  West Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Return Agent, Shuttler in West Columbia, SC

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours
    Easy Pay
    Opportunity to meet all types of different cultures of people.
    Opportunity to test drive a variety of vehicles

Cons

No advancement. Unless you have a degree, you're at a dead end.
    Managers take their positions to highly, as if their God.
    Will hire almost anyone of any type of character

Stop acting as if you own your employees, when in reality, their the ones that run the operation, and drive profit!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great training that can be beneficial in finding other jobs; Opportunities to network with many different people in an array of different industries

Cons

Overworked/Underpaid; Promotions are based on personal relationships with management instead of performance; Management does not follow through with promised bonuses and commission increases when goals are met; Company does not lead by their mission statement

Promote fairly; Follow your mission statement by treating your employees fairly and awarding promised raises and bonuses; Investigate complaints more thoroughly

Insurance sales is the job...

Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Columbia, SC

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Learn a lot of information but you definately have to like "personal selling" in order to really enjoy the job. If you don't like to sell car insurance, don't work here.

Cons

Have to wash cars all the time and deal with angry customers that were just in an accident most of the time.

I think they should reinvent the buildings and entire design and employee clothing to be more updated. People giving you a car look stupid wearing suits when your renting a chevy aveo...

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!