Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.0 2,685 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

2,685 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service"
    in 216 reviews
  • "met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise"
    in 147 reviews
Cons:
  • "No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)"
    in 387 reviews
  • "If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6"
    in 772 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Amazing

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)
    Northbrook, IL

ProsEnterprise promotes only from within. And in my 1 year here, i have seen so many of my friends and co-workers move up in the company, including myself.

ConsThe only thing i can think of is the commute to my office. Living in Chicago, it usually takes me over an hour to get to Northbrook,

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved

Great Opportunities at this company

Management Trainee (Current Employee)
    Lawton, OK

ProsFast paced, meet a repertoire of people, many changes to earn compensation outside of your hourly wage, and amazing team environment.

ConsIf you're not use to working 7 am - 5:30pm every day or longer it's probably not the job for you. Days can tend to become very long, but the good thing is that it's fast paced so it sort of equates everything out.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was good, I was very impressed with Top management on down to the branch and area managers. I have one of the best teams you could ask for.

Great Growth Potential

Liability Claims Representative (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsBenefits, 401K, competitive salary, growth potential

Conssticklers for the rules. Do not be late regardless of fault. You will loose your job. This is literally the only negative thing I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the development meetings.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Career

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsUnlimited Career Growth
    Great People
    Strong Corporate Structure
    Stability

ConsPay is not the greatest to get started but $38K as a trainee is not bad. As you develop your career and skills compensation gets much better

Have to work hard to have success. Not really a con, just a fact. If it was supposed to be easy it would be called play, not work

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the fun alive

Worth the effort!

Clifton Park, NY

ProsGrowing, growing and more growing! Unbelievable expansion into the Global Markets this past year.
    Stable, privately held company so there are no stakeholders to answer to. Gives us more stability in the industry and a definite competitive advantage.
    Stick to their founding values and business philosophy when it comes to customers and employees.

ConsMore opportunies the more flexible you are in commuting or relocating because of the constant strive for promotions.
    There is always a higher performance level to be reached which could keep you motivated or demotivate depending on your outlook.

Great people and lots to learn!

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsAccounting is here to assist branches, admin office and upper management...at an moment there are new tasks to be learned and old ones to be mastered, never a dull moment and great people to work with!

ConsNot enough time to finish work - occasionally, sometimes you feel you need more training and mgmt wants you to learn by doing...other than that all is good here at EHI!

Advice to Senior ManagementI like my managers and how they handle their teams - great job!

Enterprise will always do what's right!

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Tacoma, WA

ProsGreat sales/service environment! Excellent pay for high performers! No pressure to manage you can be a career salesperson and make $100k+

ConsRetail hours means you it's be available when customers are available. This makes for late nights!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Working here is great. The people are amazing and its crazy to see how everything operates.

Service Agent (Current Employee)
    Parkersburg, WV

Prosits like training 24/7 and you don't even realize it. The bosses are always explaining things that are going on. The flow is perfect.

Consnot enough hours, winter can be slow, really nothing else bad about it, some places don't have heat in winter so can be cold but bearable

You'll work like a dog, but it'll pay off

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training, large network of very personable people to share ideas with, time goes by quickly because you are so busy, never a dull moment. What I liked best was that you are responsible for a little bit of everything: sales, customer service, accounts receivable, risk management, training, management, etc... I met some great lifelong friends and had a lot of experiences that I'll never forget. Employers love to see ERAC on your resume (But don't say that when you interview with ERAC! Tell them you're here to build your resume and you will not get hired)

ConsLong hours, you will learn to absolutely dread Monday mornings-especially when you're at a large branch. Issues with understaffing. Customers-specifically the ones that are picking up a replacement vehicle because their car is in the shop- can be nasty sometimes. My advice is to be empathetic and helpful...in my experience customers often came back and apologized to me for being so awful, so it pays to be the better person and take care of the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not telling them anything they don't already know. Quality of life. Quality. Of. Life. It's not as bad when you're a management trainee or even an assistant manager, but once you become a branch manager, it starts to wear on you. Management knows it, but they aren't going to change anything. Tough it out, then either take an internal corp position or pursue jobs outside of ERAC. You won't have trouble finding a great job with ERAC on your resume--provided you make it to a branch manager and you are there for at least 2 years.

Great experience

Management Trainee (Current Employee)

ProsGreat learning experience.
    If you apply yourself, you really do learn all aspects of running a business. I've been interning at Enterprise for about a year now, and the experience and the skills I have acquired look great on the resume.

ConsLow pay. Long hours. Have to wash cars in suits.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffering commission to entry level management trainee positions would increase sales and productivity. Underpaid branch managers tend to pressure their employees to sell, which does not yield great results. Sales will increase by setting a competitive atmosphere between decently paid employees. Overall though, I am very thankful for the opportunity to learn. The learning experience makes up for the low pay.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enterprise Rent-A-Car CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson. All 2,685 reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees.