Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.0 2,756 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service(in 221 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise(in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)(in 413 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6(in 805 reviews)

2,756 Employee Reviews

Too many hours not enough cash

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsMost people in the company have a pretty positive attitude and like to see others do well. It was a great learning experience. Good training program. Cheap benefits.

ConsSalary is lacking. Way too many hours. You're on a strict sales quota. You have to wash cars - in suits. Men must wear white shirts - everyday. 3/4 shirts always for women - even in the summer - while washing cars. -______- They say you only have to work one weekend a month - you'll work 2-3. constantly, constantly understaffed. All the upper level managers brag about their big paychecks and only care about the numbers. you have to drive weirdos home and be in a car two feet away from people who say things like, "you're a pretty black girl" or have creeps say things like, "i'll give you 100 bucks to wash my car in a bikini" when you're out in the hot sun scrubbing cars in your suit.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your higher level management. The numbers are fixed.

Management assistant

ProsHot girls... Drinking after work encouraged. Half price rentals. Good place for very dumb people with low standards.

ConsLong hours. Exhausting physically and mentally. Customers are annoying and management is very stupid.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut some effort into core values. A lot of things, like values are there for looks. Same with "mentorship," it doesnt exist so stop bragging. Raise the prices and have competitive pay. I made more in high school.

Good when you are graduating from college

Management Trainee (Former Employee) South Holland, IL

ProsWork with some great people discount is great if u sell good you get to attend excellence outings

ConsWashing cars long hours no work life balance and watch what you do

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone's in a clique you have to watch out for yourself and management is just greedy and worried about you making them there check

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MT

ProsLarge company to move around

Cons50 hours a week for $35,000 a year that is = to about $9 per hour. To many interviews for that pay. If the pay was 60 + I can see it. They make it a salary base job so they do not have to pay over time. That make it sound like if going move up fast if you work and anything they ask you to. Ps their is sales in the business. They make seem that is all customer service but it not on the second interview you have to be a sales person not a customer service. You can see it in they face that they are trying to brain wash you to believe that they are job growth.

Great good for recent college grads. If you have any other commitments; forget it!

Management Trainee (Former Employee)

ProsGet to meet some great people. Drive a lot of new cars that you wouldn't be able to do anywhere else. Pay is okay if you live at home and don't have any major bills. You can progress with company quickly if you want to be completely dedicated to renting cars for the rest of your life.

ConsLong hours. Expect anywhere between 50-70 hours a week. Time off is hard to get because there is always a shortage of staff. Pay is inadequate for the amount time and energy they expect you to put in. You cannot go anywhere with the company without sales. If you are not a good seller, you will not do well. Upper management is tight circle, breaking into is a challenging task.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more time off and be more considerate of the employees who put in a lot of time just to rent cars. They need to understand that we have lives too. However, if you are young and just want to work really hard, this could be a good job for you.

Alot of Hours With Terrible Pay

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Riverside, CA

Pros-Good training program
    -Some cool people

Cons-Very low pay until you become a branch manager (this takes a few years and they'll tell you otherwise)
    -Average 55 hours per week; even for branch managers with years in
    -Washing nasty cars in the heat and rain in a suite
    -They always overpromise and underdeliver
    -Paying a family of multi-billionaires alot of money and you get nothing for alot of work

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit the constant sales gimmick to employees AND customers

Don't work here!

Management Trainee (Former Employee)

Pros-You get to meet a lot of people
    -You get to drive a lot of really nice cars

Cons-Absolutely no work/life balance (60 hour work weeks)
    -Employees are significantly underpaid
    -Very high turnover
    -Washing cars in fancy suits
    -The branches are always understaffed

Advice to Senior Management-Pay your employees a reasonable salary
    -Hire more people
    -Be upfront when hiring new employees

Terribly over worked and under paid.

Management Trainee (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsThe people who work here are great- many Enterprise employees will tell you that they made some of their best friends while working here. You get to know people quickly when you spend 50+ hours a week with them...

ConsAwful hours, low pay and unrewarding job. Customers who treat you like you are an idiot and management who fails to deliver on promises. Stress levels would be out of control because of overbooking and under staffing.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou all started in the Management Training program. You must remember how horribly over worked and stressed you were. Stop telling candidates that you respect work-life balance- we all know you don't. Employees shouldn't have to make Enterprise their entire life and give up ever going to the doctor or seeing their friends in order to move up. Give employees the ability to have a life outside of work and help alleviate the stress you created by having more employees at each branch. Also, you pay terribly!

rightttttt

Part-time Driver (Current Employee) East Boston, MA

Prosfree employee parking, company values, holiday dinners

Consmanagement, pay, weather conditions, you get yelled at for everything

Advice to Senior Managementget better training and to grow within the company and CARE about your employees.

Worked at Corporate

Corporate (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe people. But their overall retention rate is in the 70s. Not a good place to work - avoid employment here, unless you are going into the I.T. field.

ConsIf management doesn't like you, they fire you.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the ones that are underdeveloped and misplaced - I hoped that their managers move them into more suitable positions.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!