Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.0 2,701 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

2,701 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service"
    in 216 reviews
  • "met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise"
    in 147 reviews
Cons:
  • "No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)"
    in 387 reviews
  • "If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6"
    in 772 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

You'll work like a dog, but it'll pay off

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training, large network of very personable people to share ideas with, time goes by quickly because you are so busy, never a dull moment. What I liked best was that you are responsible for a little bit of everything: sales, customer service, accounts receivable, risk management, training, management, etc... I met some great lifelong friends and had a lot of experiences that I'll never forget. Employers love to see ERAC on your resume (But don't say that when you interview with ERAC! Tell them you're here to build your resume and you will not get hired)

ConsLong hours, you will learn to absolutely dread Monday mornings-especially when you're at a large branch. Issues with understaffing. Customers-specifically the ones that are picking up a replacement vehicle because their car is in the shop- can be nasty sometimes. My advice is to be empathetic and helpful...in my experience customers often came back and apologized to me for being so awful, so it pays to be the better person and take care of the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not telling them anything they don't already know. Quality of life. Quality. Of. Life. It's not as bad when you're a management trainee or even an assistant manager, but once you become a branch manager, it starts to wear on you. Management knows it, but they aren't going to change anything. Tough it out, then either take an internal corp position or pursue jobs outside of ERAC. You won't have trouble finding a great job with ERAC on your resume--provided you make it to a branch manager and you are there for at least 2 years.

Great experience

Management Trainee (Current Employee)

ProsGreat learning experience.
    If you apply yourself, you really do learn all aspects of running a business. I've been interning at Enterprise for about a year now, and the experience and the skills I have acquired look great on the resume.

ConsLow pay. Long hours. Have to wash cars in suits.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffering commission to entry level management trainee positions would increase sales and productivity. Underpaid branch managers tend to pressure their employees to sell, which does not yield great results. Sales will increase by setting a competitive atmosphere between decently paid employees. Overall though, I am very thankful for the opportunity to learn. The learning experience makes up for the low pay.

Great opportunity

ProsFun people to work with. Perform and you will have opportunities for advancement.

ConsLong hours and still not enough time to get everything done.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep bringing on good people.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Branch Manager driving the core areas of the organization

Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee)
    Santa Rosa, CA

ProsFun and Friendly place, co-workers are like family, fast passed environment, change each day

ConsHours can be daunting at times, more and more reporting required

Rewarding career

Troy, NY

ProsFun atmosphere , rewarding ,lots of personal development . Work hard and you will get promoted quickly . You will developed as a person and as a business professional. Lots of fun meetings , lunches , reward events .

ConsHours can be long. The company definitely takes care of it's top performers so the non performers get disengaged and can hurt your teams morale .

INTERN

ProsGreat learning experience. Good Opportunity to do well and go up 'chain' Co-workers are typically what keep you going. good place to learn how to do well in customer service and sales.

Consnot an 8am-6pm job. work hard for not much $ BUT- the pay off is the skills you learn.

Management Trainee Intern

Proslearning things that go hand in hand with my education

Conscannot work as much as I would like since I am an intern

hard work pays off

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIf your willing to put in the time and effort you can move very quickly within the company. Group 47 in Utah, and Idaho is growing very rapidly which has opened a ton of opportunity for advancement. Everyone I have worked with has been awesome. Work is fast past and can be a ton of fun.

ConsThe hours are long, especially as an MT. The job can get stressful but with hard work and organization you can overcome these things

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing and continue to find new ways to motivate and develop employees in order to create great career minded employees that will promote quickly

Incredible experience

Orlando, FL

ProsLearn the day to day operations of running your own business. Move up the company profile quickly by making a name for yourself. Work hard and get rewarded.

ConsStressful job. Chasing renters that are behind on payments is a nightmare.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Promoted based on performance!

Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI work with a awesome people. Upper management challenges me to develop myself and to run a business. After only six months I was promoted to assistant manager and after a year I hope to be running my own branch!

ConsThe hours are long but no more than 50 a week. People complain that it is hard work but when was anything handed to you? The pay isn't the greatest at the bottom but unless you plan to stay at the bottom it goes up very fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promoting and opening new offices for more opportunities!

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enterprise Rent-A-Car CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson. All 2,701 reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees.