Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Jul 26, 2014

3.0 2,761 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service(in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise(in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)(in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6(in 809 reviews)

2,761 Employee Reviews

Great experience

Management Trainee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe experience - great place to get started with learning how to run a business.

ConsNot the best pay, but it pays off later in the experience you've gained and the weight it carries on your resume.

Hard Work Pays Off

Assistant Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) Fredericksburg, VA

ProsFun work environment. Fast Paced. Great company values. Great benefits.

ConsWork life balance is lacking.

Good entry level job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPerformance based, rapid promotion. fun community of employees. lots of professional development

Conslow starting salary, very long hours (including weekends), stressful environment

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Difficult, but great co-workers

Account Executive - Car Sales (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsGreat business plan, a lot of support, lots of training, and a wonderful bunch of folks to work with.

ConsLong hours, weekends, holidays, etc.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Unappreciated and most work a 15 year old could do

Business Management (Former Employee) Wayne, NJ

Pros- People were nice, very social
    - Flexible for taking time off
    - Pretty decent benefits
    - Was able to drive a few cars for a day which they do every once in a while
    - Learned a few excel skills
    - Now I have a professional wardrobe for work, don't have to worry about that in the future

Cons- Work was pretty basic, lots of filing and "running" reports which honestly someone in high school could do
    - I asked for more work pretty consistently since I was usually done with what I had to do relatively quickly unless it was monotonous paper work or filing , and during the review they knocked points off saying I should have asked for more work

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a bit more organized with what you want to do with new employees, it's very discouraging to not be challenged much, look for work and then be told that they were expecting more from you.

Good short term employer

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGood perks. A significant amount of autonomy once you get out of the rental department.

ConsCompensation is significantly less than the industry standard for the same types of positions. Once you reach a certain level advancement is almost impossible without playing politics. It is no longer about performance.

Hard Work NO PAY

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) San Gabriel, CA

ProsThe opportunity for growth is there... if you are ok with working til you cant anymore and getting paid slave wages. The people I have worked with for the most part are awesome the company does a good job of finding competitive hungry employees who have the natural ability to achieve. THe whole training and management process is in essence just a giant weed out, if you can cope with being told you're being paid well when your not and getting overworked to struggle to live with the hope of being promoted high enough to make good money then this place is for you. Just need to know the dream is a lot farther than the reality. Not many people get to Area Manager in less than 5-6 years and you see mid level five figures until you climb that high. Great for the resume and great for the experience, horrible for the ride.

ConsDisgruntled customers, being set up to fail, being told that customer service is everything, when the idea of the company is get a customer in the door and get the car later. Many a time I have had to talk someone down because of a 1-2 hour wait it is awful. Been cussed out numerous times, for things I felt awful for doing and I just have to keep smiling. Also being sugarcoated into thinking my hard work is worth what they pay, my damn college debt is more than my yearly salary (uhhhhhhhh, irony we need a degree here).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so top heavy. The reason you make so much is because the troops are out there weathering the storm. This isn't a frat just cause you paid your dues doesn't mean you deserve salaries that thrump mine by 7-8 fold.

Good company to work for, great coworkers

Pros-Coworkers are awesome
    -Benefits
    -Potential for growth

Cons-Long hours
    -Pay was subpar
    -Work many weekends

Great work experience, especially if you're into sales. Met a lot of great people.

ProsI love the people that work at Enterprise. I've had one subpar manager that ended up getting fired. Other than that, the people are my favorite thing about the job. Most of them came to be my friends and we hang out outside of work. I've also learned a lot about sales, cars, and the transportation industry. Enterprise's training program is also held in high regard to other companies, which is beneficial if you ever decide to leave the company.

ConsBe willing to work very long hours. 7am-6pm is the norm. You also need to be easy going. Customers will yell and say rude things to you so you have to be willing to take it from them and not argue back. The phrase "the customer is always right" sums it up pretty well. But management will usually back you up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe flexible with employees' schedules.

not so good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat training, looks good on resume

Conshours are terrible, little to no control over income, micromanaged in every aspect....could go on for days....

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!