Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.0 2,701 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

2,701 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service"
    in 216 reviews
  • "met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise"
    in 147 reviews
Cons:
  • "No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)"
    in 387 reviews
  • "If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6"
    in 772 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Willing to work hard? You'll reap the rewards!!

ProsNothing worth having is easy- I've learned that over time here at Enterprise. In my 10 years, I've learned to work smarter, not harder, and understand that dedication will take you exactly where you want to go within the organization. You will never find a company culture that matches that of Enterprise. The training, support, and opportunities cannot be matched. I love my job and will retire with Enterprise.

ConsEntry level positions are typically challenging and the Management Trainee program is no different. While you are being trained on running a business, you are physically renting cars to start out. For someone not willing to put the brief 6m-1yr as an entry level employee, the position will be challenging. Long term, the experience early on sets you up to be a better manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on training and development of the team!

Fantastic company with all the promotional opportunities given only to existing employees!

Davenport, IA

ProsGreat management and leadership who all started out as Management Trainees in our management program so they all understand the challenges of all levels of employees and are not disconnected from the business like at other companies. Amazing opportunities to get rapid promotions, training, and job growth in a short period of time.

ConsIt is definitely hard work and being performance based, you learn fairly quickly what it takes to be successful

Rewarding with endless opportunities.

Clifton Park, NY

ProsEnterprise rewards your hard work with promotions, events and recognition. If you are willing to put in the time and dedicate yourself to be a true business owner you will be successful. This company has a great culture of sales and service that allows those who are determined to succeed.

ConsEnterprise is so good with customer service and creating relationships that grow their business that they sometimes run out of cars. This goes to show that the demand for their service and product is of the highest level.

Advice to Senior ManagementThough you may not always have the best relationship with your direct manager, use their networking events and regional meetings to seek mentorship outside of your direct management. This company has a lot of great managers who care about their people as much as their success.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Company

Hickory, NC

ProsThis is the place where if you work hard they really do reward your hard work. It provides stability and an amazing work environment that is positive and competitive. They really do want the best for their employees and customers.

ConsPerformance goals are set high just like in any sales job. You do have to perform in order to get promotions and be successful. Sometimes customers can really take their frustrations out on you even when you are doing all you can to help.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to give positive reinforcement and reward employees. When you do a contest for employees, make sure whatever you promised them, you deliver in a timely manner.

Fast paced, Always on your feet decision making

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsYou manage yourself and have the opportunity to learn anything and everything at your own pace.

ConsBottlenecks at the Branch Manager level.

good, the company is large and a great place to work

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThe best reason to work for this company is the employees. They are always so nice. Everyone cares about what you think and feel. It is like one big family. I love coming to work

ConsThe long work week can be a bit to much. Some managers never tell you a head of time when they need help They just think you know. Some times they can be down right thoughtless. No matter, you always get a chance to voice your opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more considerate

Great entry level job with growth oppurtunities into management.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsFlexible hours, travel opportunities and lots of training provided.

ConsCustomer complaints on a corporate level being reflected to the branch.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease auditing of branch manager book-keeping, ie hours for part time workers.

Great corporate offices!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsSalary, co-workers, great upper management!

ConsGroup offices not always on same page with corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep closer tabs on management in group and regional offices.

Great place to work

ProsLots of opportunity for upward movement. Fun office environment. The training program is great. Family owned.

ConsWork-life balance. Not flexible with salary. Very Corporate. When one person calls in, your day is overwhelming.

Great Entry Level job

ProsYou get to work from home.

ConsThe only con is that you may not get 2 days off in a row and are required to work 1 weekend day.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enterprise Rent-A-Car CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson. All 2,701 reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees.