Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.0 2,752 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service(in 221 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise(in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)(in 413 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6(in 805 reviews)

2,752 Employee Reviews

Great cost control and customer service training

Branch Corporate Accounts Manager (Former Employee) Idaho Falls, ID

ProsEasy launch point for management careers. A culture of "whatever it takes" to satisfy the needs and build the fleet. Fast pace for advancement. Excellent reputation for management training made it easier to get my next position.

ConsLow introductory wages with some Saturday duties required. Much of time is spent in tasks that don't utilize your full skills like picking up and dropping off customers, washing and cleaning cars, etc. The job in smaller locations is really tough on your dress clothes wardrobe.

Great starter job

ProsThis job will really teach you how to run a business! Co workers are awesome

ConsWork life balance no set schedule. Get ready to work on the weekends!

Enterprise Rent a Car

Account Representative (Former Employee) Stone Mountain, GA

ProsYou meet a lot of interesting people. It's a great stepping stone. Once you have ERAC on your resume most employers jump at the chance to interview / hire you.

ConsWork life balance is not that great if you are part of the rental management division. The salary could be better.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MA

Management Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsQuickly promoted, great training program

Conslong hours, angry customers, cleaning cars

Huge life damaging mistake

Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsYou will learn sales.

ConsI worked at Enterprise for 7 years. I managed my own store with 250 cars and over 10 employees. I moved across the country with my wife and since enterprise demoted me I have been looking for a new job. NO ONE WANTS ME. The only positions I seem to be able to apply for are sales jobs. Telemarketing, Insurance agencies. If you work at Enterprise you will be stuck in sales, specifically insurance sales for the immediate future. Also
    You will make no money
    You will work way too many hours
    You will not be valued

I now have to go to grad school to jump start my career which is stuck in the insurance sales arena.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou do a great job of making money- I have to admire that. That does not change the fact that working for Enterprise is a career dead end.

Glorified slave labor....

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe higher up you get the better you're treated and you wouldn't believe the amount of commission some of these Branch Managers get.

ConsRequires a college degree to do a job I could have done in 9th grade. Basically expects you to "trick" a customer into getting insurance thru them even though they already pay more than enough for their own. They tell you in the interview it will be 40-45 hours a week....yeah I was working over 50 EVERY SINGLE WEEK. The pay sucks. Like really bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make it a requirement for people to dress up then go wash and vacuum out a car. And don't make people work 11 hours a day with no choice.

Work Life Balance

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Pros-will hire you without any qualifications which is good for people coming out of college.
    -Opportunity to show advancement on your resume.
    -learn allot about cars

Cons-Work life Balance is awful.
    -Most managers only care about themselves and will throw you under the bus if needed.
    -A lot of unethical sales practices on customers.
    -work saturday and sunday
    -expected to wash cars in your dress cloths

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the starting pay. I could have gotten a retail job that pays the same.

Not that bad of an entry career

Car Prep (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGetting paid more then the work you do
    There are some days when there isn't much to do and some days you are super busy
    Management is the best anyone can ask for, everyone is so nice and flexible

ConsCleaning Cars takes a big toll on your back
    Some workers are just very lazy and don't help out

I had a pleasant experience and met a lot of fine people

Courier, Driver Non Cdl (Former Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsMeet lots of people. have fun driving different vehicles

ConsI had to work on an on call basis.

Advice to Senior Managementgive the drivers a raise

Department Head for 14 years

ProsThe people you work with are great. It can be very stressful to hit goals with lack of support from corporate office. Technology in the company is finally starting to get out of the 1980's. Many of your coworkers have similar backgrounds which it makes easier to relate. Several employees are hungry for advancement.

ConsThey will make a lot for suggestions but never fully endorse anything. Support form corporate is very low and no ownership from higher managers. You work long hours which cuts into your work/life balance. "You are only as good as your last month" is a common saying in middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff more employees. "Do more with less." was the worst message to send to your employees. Everyone was scared for their job for a long time.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!