Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.0 2,749 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service(in 221 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise(in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)(in 413 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6(in 805 reviews)

2,749 Employee Reviews

Great place to work

ProsLots of opportunity for upward movement. Fun office environment. The training program is great. Family owned.

ConsWork-life balance. Not flexible with salary. Very Corporate. When one person calls in, your day is overwhelming.

Great Entry Level job

ProsYou get to work from home.

ConsThe only con is that you may not get 2 days off in a row and are required to work 1 weekend day.

Great Opportunity

ProsPromote from within great for recent college graduates

ConsTough starting out with long hours

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to learn business

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Marion, IL

ProsComprehensive business training, motivated coworkers, good performance is rewarded. The opportunities for advancement are immense.

ConsLong hours, high-stress environment. It's fun until you run out of cars, then you hate your job

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make sales numbers the sole prerequisite for promotion.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

I have enjoyed working with such a great company.

Area Rental Manager (Current Employee) Wilmington, NC

ProsI have worked with Enterprise for 6 years and everything that was presented to me at the beginning has became a reality. I have enjoyed my employment and the people I work with. I have worked hard along the way and have seen success from my hard work.

ConsThere are no cons that I can think of. Every company comes with flaws, but within this company we can discuss anything and make a change. I feel that my voice is heard in every situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. I enjoy working for this great company.

great company

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosi have heard that the training program is top notch

Consnot really many cons for this company

Great company to work for. Lots of opportunity to promote from within and move around the country for the next promotion

Human Resources Generaist (Current Employee)

ProsA company that likes to give back to the community they live in. Treat employees as individuals and not just a number.

ConsIn smaller markets the promote from within system can get a little backed up but the opportunity to transfer and move around is awesome.

Advice to Senior Managementtake the time to develop your new employees

Positive and growth-oriented.

Sales Management Trainee (Current Employee) Cranford, NJ

ProsVery dynamic and upbeat environment.
    The people you work with are terrific.
    Highly competitive, motivational atmosphere.
    All promotions are internal, so there is a ton of room for growth.
    Mentor program to help employees overcome career obstacles.
    Engaged leadership want to see their team succeed more than anything.
    You earn everything you have - nobody is entitled.

ConsIt's hard work - it takes a very strong work ethic to be hyper-successful here.
    There are those bad days - bad weather, angry customers, etc.
    You have to deal with the lack of prestige of renting cars.
    Most of these cons are things that any solid entrepreneur would need to overcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focusing on the training and development of all of your people.
    Take chances on some new hires - not everyone will come to you completely polished.

Detailer

Detailer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAwesome people to work with.

ConsA great company to work for, but if you are part time they dont really care about you.

Great way to work your way up

Service Agent (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsWork with a lot of different cars, meet a variety of people, good atmosphere

ConsService agents seem to do all the work with no reward

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!