Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.0 2,753 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service(in 221 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise(in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)(in 413 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6(in 805 reviews)

2,753 Employee Reviews

don't waste your time

Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosif you live through this, you can handle anything

Conswork you to death!!! and don't pay you!!!

My time at enterprise

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosi didnt like it at all because of my boss

Conshated it, commission based, very boring.

Advice to Senior Managementbe nicer to employees

Worst job I ever had.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey do promote from within.

ConsThey require a 4 year degree; for this you get to clean out cars and haul people around. They dangle the carrot of a big salary in just a few years. Not many opportunities to be promoted; you can only have so many managers and assistant managers. In 3 years I never heard of anybody that actually retired from this company; the workforce was very young and the turnover was significant.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more realistic with what you actually offer.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Branch Manager- Orlando

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood health insurance due large number of employees in the company

ConsUnethical HR in Orlando- they try to sweep things under the rug. They fired a fellow employee while out on FMLA because he couldnt' return to work in time- they threatened a new dad two days after his 1st kid was born that he has to come back to work or he didn't have a job and there was "no need for a man to be at home with a new baby that just sleeps"- they made a former Branch Manager work her Saturday shift two days after her father passed away and didn't allow the full berievement time off. Notorious for cutting maternity time short and not allowing the full FMLA time. I thought this was isolated to this group but upon training at my new company who exclusively hires ERAC employees found this was across the country. Our new hire orientation became an ERAC story telling session- talking about our Area Managers who wouldn't allow for days off, understaffed, having to take being yelled at and physically confronted by customers. This company is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementHope your kids don't get treated the way you treat people one day!

Not the greatest, but a good start, I guess

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Beckley, WV

ProsBenefits, training, promote from within

ConsWashing cars in professional business attire, hours, ethics, low pay and long hours.

Not what it seemed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere were no pros they work you to the bone and you have no family time.

ConsJob was not close to what was offered. They work you to death and ride you like a horse.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees before you let them go. Like your founding values say.

Bad company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere was nothing really positive I got from working at Enterprise. I didnt know anyone I worked with there that actually liked it. Everyone just did it for the "experience"

ConsLong hours, horrible management, training is not as good as they say, high employee turn over, everything is by the book

Worst decision - Please do not make the same mistake

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOverworked underpaid and forced to lie to customers.

ConsMiss-selling is promoted from day one.
    Don't buy a nice business suit because you'll be on your knees scrubbing cars from day one.
    Only judged on ridiculous KPI's that mean you have to shaft every customer to get anywhere.
    The hours are past a joke having to work over 50 hours every week for minimum wage when you do the math.

Spends years being completely selfish to both customers and your demotivated co-workers an you may make it to a store manager where you can spend the rest of your life working for an unappreciative uncaring organisation for a salary you could earn in the 2nd year of most jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the whole culture of this money hungry organisation to one that cares about the customers and the employees

Not very good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearned customer service skills. Learned how to deal with difficult people.

ConsHorrible hours. Family/work balance difficult. Poor pay.

only work here if you don't mind being constantly understaffed, unappreciated and underpaid

Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

Prosinitial on-boarding and training is actually very good. you learn how to work under pressure and increase your mutli-tasking ability. looks good on your resume.

Conswashing cars in suits, under staffed, under staffed, under staffed. being held to unrealistic expectations, getting paid nothing while working 60 plus hours a week as a branch manager, getting yelled out by customers all the time, the list goes on and on.

Advice to Senior Managementcut hours employees have to work, staff properly and PAY MORE MONEY

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!