Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.0 2,751 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service(in 221 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise(in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)(in 413 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6(in 805 reviews)

2,751 Employee Reviews

Opportunity for self growth

Management Assistant (Current Employee) Sebring, FL

ProsOffice culture, benefits, opportunity for advancement, training

Conscompensation, under valued employees, wealth is not spread

hard work, decent pay, looooooong hours, great people

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Prospeople are awesome, good starting job, great experience, good for resume. there is opportunity for quick promotion if you are good at sales. upper management does seek to develop you professionally. you learn everything about the company. everyone starts from the same place.

Consthe hours are extremely long. the days begin to run together as it can get repetitive. you have to bend over back words for unappreciative customers. you wash cars in a tie. often understaffed. have to work some saturdays. biggest issue is the hours.

Advice to Senior Managementhire some more people and spread the hours some! continue giving recent college grads an opportunity. let the staff wear enterprise polo's in the summer, the dress shirt/tie is too damn hot.

Really bad..dont even try to apply,they wont hire you..is part of the system,hr has to justify that they doing something

ProsNo pros...the hiring process is a joke..phones interviews are stupid.and they will waste your time.

ConsAlmost everything is s joke...dont waste your time,they only want interns or low pay employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe real and finally hire good people

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management Training Program review

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat sales experience
    Good training
    Good recognition/incentives

ConsFar less "corporate" than the program seems - some training is provided, but mostly you are just staffing a rental car location
    Poor compensation
    Retail works hours

Advice to Senior ManagementAttract and keep better talent by striking a better balance between management training and staffing a rental car location. Improve hours and compensation.

ERAC

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsTraining- Enterprise teaches you a lot of things in many different areas regarding business. Promotions on your personal performance up until branch manager level.. You perform well and land a good selling location as an MT/MA then you can get promoted quickly if you have the determination.

ConsLong hours, no work life balance but the biggest con is the branches are always under staffed but you cannot use staffing as an excuse if you don't have ESQi, sales, etc.. Business model not the best in rental, meaning assistant managers/branch managers getting paid off the bottom line, literally. I cannot control if someone runs off and steals my car if I did all the proper underwriting. I cannot control if someone cannot pay their rental bill, or an a/r item I have been working like crazy doesn't get paid but it doesn't matter it still affects your paycheck, regardless.. Don't agree with that.. enterprise expects you to drive revenue but they also expect you to meet every companies, customers, adjuster, insurance companies needs and give free upgrades all the time just to make customers happy! Company doesn't really back up Branch managers if customer calls corporate they will get whatever they want regardless because enterprise just wants the problem to go away instead of dealing it and addressing it like they should! Why have managers if too are just going to override their decision anyways! Makes no sense! Last thing, very hard to get promoted past branch manager.. You have to have everything in line at the right time because if you do not you get told sorry you cannot apply for area manager of a spot opens... One bad month will completely throw you out of the game and that's ridiculous!

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that no matter how much y'all push sales, sales is not all we do at the branch level, whatsoever, and just because net other is not the best it should not hold you back from jobs! Listen to employees more, realize that the industry has changed from 20 years ago but your business model has not, realize how much we do at the branches and how hard we truly work with y'all piling more and more on us all the time with no pay raise and most important how you let your customers treat your employees for no good reason at all then find away to turn it back on the employee and what they could have done better.
    One last thing let employees ask questions to other departments or other area managers of other level 3 employees without it getting turned around or being considered going over someone's head! Some people learn my asking questions and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Great opportunity to gain experience

Area Rental Manager (Former Employee)

Pros* Great people
    * Solid Training
    * Ability to make good money
    * Advancement available

Cons* Will work very hard
    * Work-life balance
    * Growth on rental side has slowed down
    * Always understaffed
    * Will encounter many TOUGH customers

Advice to Senior ManagementThe daily rental side is always understaffed and getting cherry picked by other departments. There has been a continued focus to "do more with less" which puts a ton of strain on the operation. There are a lot of great things about the company but it has all but lost it's "small business/close knit" feel and has turned into a corporate giant trying to run super lean and squeeze the most out of every employee.

A Grind, long hours, little reward....but if you can stick it out you get rewarded

Management Trainee (Current Employee)

ProsCompany hires from within. Other companies will recruit you.

ConsThe people you deal with, lack of incentives to sell, management forcing you to sell, salary compares to the amount of hours worked, work-life balance, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your going to push your people to sell give some commission- or make real rewards besides a monthly $50 gas card for your top performer. Or maybe if people weren't working 10+ hours a day they wouldn't leave so frequently

Long hours, but valuable experience

Assistant Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsGreat for first job out of college. They train you in customer service and management, but more importantly, how to run a business - P&L, receivables, etc. Great training program.

ConsLong hours, 6 days a week, terrible pay. You have to wear a suit every day and at some locations you have to wash the cars, (in your suit).

Paid for Performing

Branch Manager (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsFun co workers, fast paced, time goes quickly, make money from the branch you are running, volunteer opportunities, bonuses

ConsBecause of the hours of the business I found it difficult to go to the gym, I was tired at the end of the day! Coworkers that would neglect responsibilities because they were lazy

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue recognition of top employees, would like additional benefits like free gym memberships

No Growth Outside of Sales

MT Enterprise (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEmployee Relationships
    Paid Time Off
    Benefits
    discount on rentals
    you get to look nice in a suit

ConsWork you like a slave
    no work life balance
    sweat your butt off in a suit and tie
    low pay
    no advancement outside of sales
    Internal interviews are a joke, they just go by who they think is cool not your experience or accomplishments

Advice to Senior Managementpay your "slaves" better
    Schedule better
    Send help and employees instead of letting an office drown

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!