Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
3,386 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 249 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 176 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 525 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 923 reviews)

More Highlights

42 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Asst. Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Management in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Management in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot about how to run an effective business and there is plenty of room to move up in the company as long as you are willing to work for it.
    Incentives were excellent!

Cons

At the entry level you do work a lot of crazy hours.

You're better than this!

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They will hire anyone. If this is your only option. It is a job. This job will give you the motivation to get serious about your career and find something else.

Cons

Salary is based on a very long work week. You are expected to be dishonest and ultra-competitive in selling damage waivers to people who do not need it to get your bonus which never materializes.

Clean it up!

"Great place to start a career!"

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learn valuable business skills such as: sales, time management, organization, business operations management, corporate relations, and employee development. Great coworkers.

Cons

Upper management shows a lot of favoritism especially with promotions, company policies are not always consistent with branch operations and practices, little to no work life balance, basic life necessities are not met due to long work hours and little flexibility from management. Employees are not valued, feels like employees are just "a another number".

Show respect and appreciation towards employees and employee retention and morale will increase, hire more employees so work hours can be shortened and employees have time to sleep, eat lunch, go to the doctor, attend family commitments, etc. be consistent on company's policies to avoid brand image discrepancies.

Good Place to Build a Foundation

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Built-in mentorship; always a manager around ready and willing to take a vested interest in your career growth
    -Company stays true to its values; customer service really IS their way of life
    -You learn what it really means to work hard and remain humble in the process
    -Guaranteed job-security; incredibly difficult to get fired here
    -Almost everyone is around the same post-grad age, and making friends with coworkers is very easy
    -Your communication and sales ability will skyrocket

Cons

-HORRIBLE hours; the '7a-6p' is really more '6:45a-whenever the job gets done [6:30/6:45 or later]'
    -You will wash many cars despite having car-preps, and you WILL face the elements no matter what they are [snow, sleet, rain, intense heat], but this is the nature of the job unfortunately
    -You will be underpaid and overworked while in a branch rental role
    -The job itself is absolutely exhausting with little-to-no payoff unless you're committed to becoming a manager, which is relatively easy to do if you put in the work but doesn't look much different from entry-level duties
    -Work-life balance is incredibly difficult to achieve; the job is ideal for a single with no responsibilities or desire to live a fruitful life outside of work

-Increase the compensation to match the work demand and your retention will improve on that alone
    -Work with HR to set more appropriate, accurate expectations of what the job looks like on the front end
    -Better distinguish the roles of management trainee, assistant, and branch manager; everyone's essentially doing the same work with varying accountability levels, making promotions far less appealing
    -Nix the college-degree requirement; your retention and employee satisfaction will look far better

Good starter experience for a short time.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Looks good on a resume. Great job right out of school to learn professionalism and sales. Opportunity to network with potential contacts for future jobs.

Cons

Work life balance is way out of whack. You will easily work 55-60 hours per week starting and it goes way up from there once you get in to management. You are expected to accept customers' abuse with a smile on your face and then give them whatever they want or upper management will come down on you and give it to them anyway. Company sides with customer over employee regardless of situation, even if customer is caught in a blatant lie. You will work at least every other Saturday and will be forced to skip lunch once you get to be an assistant or branch manager.

Fix staffing first and foremost. There is no way employees should be forced to miss lunch to keep the business running. There simply are not enough people in the branches to keep them running. You are wearing your employees out and the best ones are going to keep leaving for greener pastures.

Hard work, great for college grads unmarried

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, customer service all day, great 1 on 1 training, strong values and focus on employee development

Cons

Long hours-55 hours max at first...then when promoted....unlimited. Pay is good but not great.

Horrible place for someone to work if a you're a service agent

Current Employee - Service Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Service Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours if you have another job

Cons

This company is so one sided its crazy, Management Trainees and Salaried Managers get treated like royalty, they get bonuses and gift cards in front of us and they expect us to go out of our way to really help them in the long run its ridiculous that no one sees this, were in the heat all day most of the time and all we here is "this car next" the company does mixers to give the management team awards and gifts and were just sitting there wondering if were gone get anything but no we don't I wouldn't recommend anyone to this company if youre not wanting to be management because service agents only get 25 hours which is a slap in the face if that branch is busy im on my way out and I cant wait. HORRIBLE company, service agents aren't anything but work horses.

Look at whose the real hard workers at Enterprise because most of you're Mt's and Managers aren't trained right and treat theyre agents like crap, maybe come up with more fulltime spots for agents and less hours for youre Mt's, we don't care about the food their wanting to bring to say they did it how some of the bonuses they get or $100 gift cars they get

High Stress and Over Worked and Under Appreciated.

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You learn to manage and run a legitimate business. Used to be a fun place to work before greed set in.

Cons

They fired 23 of 29 Branch Managers and 2 Area managers in order to cut expenses and promoted more assistant managers and trainees than ever to boost moral and create excitement. High stress job, you cannot fire anyone so any under performing d-bag can destroy your numbers and cause you to lose your job.

Power to hire and fire should rest solely upon the person that is responsible for running that branch.

Management Trainee Intern

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Given that I spent a mere two and a half months with the company, I learned a surprisingly large amount about the business, people and even myself. It is a challenging, fast paced environment that always makes you think and figure out things for yourself - in a way of developing the entrepreneur within. I met a lot of dependable and hard-working people and gained some really valid bonus points on my resume

Cons

While working at Enterprise(during the summer) I was still finishing up my last two classes for my Bachelors degree. During the interview, I was told that it would not be an issue to maintain the school/work balance. BUT, during the summer, working up to 50 hours a week and having class the other 10 hours a week can be very draining and you almost forget that once you had friends and a life.

I realize that running a "tight" branch with a little amount of personal is clear dollar signs in the making BUT, it makes the regular MT's, Intern's life much more difficult. At that point you double up as a sales person, a driver, and a car prep (washer). Not the most ideal position for $10/hour - (intern, Dallas, TX)

ERAC

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training- Enterprise teaches you a lot of things in many different areas regarding business. Promotions on your personal performance up until branch manager level.. You perform well and land a good selling location as an MT/MA then you can get promoted quickly if you have the determination.

Cons

Long hours, no work life balance but the biggest con is the branches are always under staffed but you cannot use staffing as an excuse if you don't have ESQi, sales, etc.. Business model not the best in rental, meaning assistant managers/branch managers getting paid off the bottom line, literally. I cannot control if someone runs off and steals my car if I did all the proper underwriting. I cannot control if someone cannot pay their rental bill, or an a/r item I have been working like crazy doesn't get paid but it doesn't matter it still affects your paycheck, regardless.. Don't agree with that.. enterprise expects you to drive revenue but they also expect you to meet every companies, customers, adjuster, insurance companies needs and give free upgrades all the time just to make customers happy! Company doesn't really back up Branch managers if customer calls corporate they will get whatever they want regardless because enterprise just wants the problem to go away instead of dealing it and addressing it like they should! Why have managers if too are just going to override their decision anyways! Makes no sense! Last thing, very hard to get promoted past branch manager.. You have to have everything in line at the right time because if you do not you get told sorry you cannot apply for area manager of a spot opens... One bad month will completely throw you out of the game and that's ridiculous!

Realize that no matter how much y'all push sales, sales is not all we do at the branch level, whatsoever, and just because net other is not the best it should not hold you back from jobs! Listen to employees more, realize that the industry has changed from 20 years ago but your business model has not, realize how much we do at the branches and how hard we truly work with y'all piling more and more on us all the time with no pay raise and most important how you let your customers treat your employees for no good reason at all then find away to turn it back on the employee and what they could have done better.
    One last thing let employees ask questions to other departments or other area managers of other level 3 employees without it getting turned around or being considered going over someone's head! Some people learn my asking questions and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos