Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

They let you spread your wings

Management Intern (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for less than a year

ProsEnterprise does a great job at letting you make your own decisions on the operations and customer relationship management, thus its a great place to develop managerial skills. They are extremely flexible with my school schedule and willing to accommodate other events in my life. Overall, I am very grateful for this internship.

ConsLong hours and sometimes bad customers. It's not bad if you are not looking for just a job, this is definitely career oriented.

Also, sometimes not having enough cars is frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the good work when considering that the intern has other obligations.

Good first-job after college...

Management Trainee (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

ProsCo-workers are young, friendly and full of energy. The best thing that Enterprise does is its recruiting. This company should write the book on it.
If you work hard and are good at sales you can go far.
You learn customer service, sales, the importance of punctuality, and what hard work really means
You will form long lasting relationships with your co-workers

ConsThe sales tactics are morally questionable.
Working at the airport location was awful. Micro-managed to the minute. (during times MTs had to ask managers permission to use the restroom)
Being promoted means your going to work 8-10 hours more a week without much increase in compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess micro-management.

Former MT

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people you work with will be long-term friends
Resume Builder
Every job you have after will be much easier and much higher pay for much less hours
"No Drug Testing" -said me to by one employee while I was waiting for my final interview

ConsIncredibly Low Pay
Horrible Hours
Few people at or above Branch Manager that an educated person will actually respect
You know it's bad when Managers have to lie about how much they make as a tool to "impress" employees and to keep people from quitting
Seeing at least one Female coworker cry a week due to the job

Advice to Senior ManagementYou lose the people you should actually be trying to keep by promoting lies and deceit to sell an unnecessary product and overworking them
The people that stay DEFINITELY drink the kool-aid and it is actually creepy how much they support a company that overworks and underpays them so while screwing over customers. Sad...
This isn't the military and your break them down build them up style will only keep the lemmings who are unfortunate not to be able to think for themselves enough to leave.

Good company you will work really hard but also gain a ton of experience

Management Trainee (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits
Learning opportunities
Chances to promote
Fun environment

ConsLong hours
I'm a lot older so not right place for me
Low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter work life balance and better pay.

High expectations

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

ProsThe employees are great, customer service skills greatly improved, problem solving skills polished

ConsLong hours, low initial pay, lack of advancement opportunity, promises constantly broken from management, under appreciated

Advice to Senior ManagementThere was a lack of acknowledgement when greatness was accomplished. I know of a large change in the company that was done thanks to my efforts and I had to hear about it from a secretary. Never acknowledged.

Only as a last resort

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

ProsYou will meet some awesome people to work with. They will be your friends after you all quit around the same time.

ConsAwful work life balance, pay, and dress code. Promotion bottleneck in Denver.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the hard working recent grads more.

Great place to work but high stress

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

ProsGreat opprotunity with fair and even criteria for promotions.
Good training, you will be fully knowledable on the rental process
good benefits and vaction time.

ConsHigh stress environment, long long days, long hours. Unhealthy living. Most day there are not enough cars for the reservations that are made.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter work life balance. More help in providing vehicles.

dont like

Prosgreat people
fun work environment
looks good on a resume

Conslong hours
little pay
to many politics when it comes to being promoted
wash a lot of cars and are required to wear shirt and tie

Advice to Senior Managementgo back to old computer systems
upper management needs work in a rental office for 1 day to see how bad the new computer systems are instead of telling us how great they are when they never have to use them

Depends what kind of person you are.

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

ProsLots of experience managing other employees, managing relationships with your accounts (dealerships, body shops, corporate), plenty of locations all around the country, gives you the feeling you run the business from the ground up, the work rarely follows you home, when you leave the office you're "off."

ConsExhausting, both emotionally and physically. Washing cars in a shirt and tie every day. Long days which start at 6:30 or 6:45 am and run until 6:30 pm or later, depending on your situation. Not a lot of work-life balance here. You can't transfer to another part of the country without taking a demotion and a salary reduction. Customers can be very irritating and hostile. Accounts can be very demanding and annoying as well. You get treated like trash by both quite often, which takes its toll on you all the time. You feel very much like you're slugging it out like a waiter or some other service-type job, not like an executive.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication needs improvement. The training on specific policies and tasks is disturbingly poor. Management tends to be more negative when it comes to feedback, even during successful months where praise would be appreciated. Also, go easy on the employees and realize how hard they work. The lighter the mood, the better.

Great place to work!

Management Trainee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

ProsPromotion Opportunities. This is a great place to work. I don't understand why there are so many angry people about ERAC. If you aren't willing to work hard, then you are not going to get promoted. It's as easy as that. Do the work, get it done, get promoted.

ConsThe hours are long and the pay is bad in the beginning.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management does a great job of involving everyone and talking to people. They have been at this for a while and are doing great.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car reviews and ratings in Denver, CO — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enterprise Rent-A-Car CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees.