Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews in Detroit, MI

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights
26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good short term employer

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGood perks. A significant amount of autonomy once you get out of the rental department.

ConsCompensation is significantly less than the industry standard for the same types of positions. Once you reach a certain level advancement is almost impossible without playing politics. It is no longer about performance.

Great learning experience

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsThis is a great job to get your feet wet in the sales and business field. They put you through great training classes and the people you work with are a lot of fun.

ConsDepending on where you work the hours are sometimes long. Close to 12 hours days but if your willing to work then its ok. The airport is a different animal but a strong challenge to any salesman

Advice to Senior ManagementThey like to take you out to eat and special events a lot. If your numbers are good they will give special bonuses. They pride themselves in having the corporate look which is good so gentlemen no facial hair.

Great company with great values

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGreat staff, great promotion opportunities and great training programme.

ConsLong hours, not great pay, work life balance is a struggle

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider customer service as well as sales when promoting

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a hard-working job for very low pay.

Service Agent/Detailer (Former Employee) Shelby Township, MI

ProsIt's difficult to explain the pros but because I enjoy working with the public, I drove nice new cars and met interesting people while driving them to their destinations.

ConsIt is an extremely fast-paced job, only paying $8/hr. There is no gps in the car and occasionally had a mapquest map to take customers to and from their destinations. Before picking up and taking them back, I had to clean the interior of the cars and take to the carwash for exterior cleaning. It is a degrading job. There was no positive reinforcement and no tipping.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest they pay their employees more money who do the hardest work.

Great company that promotes based upon performance.

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsLearn to run a business, great sales training program,room for advancement, unlimited income potential and performance based promotions.

ConsEveryone starts at the bottom initially.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach managers how to manage their staff.

hard work, always understaffed

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

Prosyour job is safe, they aren't going under

Consyou will begin to hate people in general

Advice to Senior Managementspend more time in your branches

Long Hours - Minimum Pay

Manager Trainee (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsExcellent opportunity to learn every aspect (from Sales to detaling cars) of the rental car industry. Great experience for an entry level auto insurance claim position with the larger insurance companies. Working at a dealership location has it perks including automatic car washes.

ConsVery long hours including Saturday's depending on the location. Detaling cars in the winter months is not appealing. Sales is a major part of advancing - selling damage protection is expected not discussed during the interview process.

Advice to Senior ManagementDisclose the expectations and duties as part of the interview process. I doubt most people would think detailing cars is part of the manager trainee program.

Worst Job I've Ever Had

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsYou get to meet a lot of new people and learn how to run a business. Also, you can learn some really good customer service skills and can experience driving all different types of cars.

ConsExtremely long hours, super low pay. Be prepared to wash nasty rentals cars and get all hot and sweaty in your business suit. Customers constantly yell and complain and you're forced to sell the insurance which is a complete scam! Extremely micro managed by your branch managers and area manager. Very bad experience - this is not a career, it's a sweat shop!

A huge mistake

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Plymouth, MI

Pros$300 in gift cards to Macys

ConsWashing cars in your suit
    Picking up strangers
    Booking reservations and not having vehicles to cover them
    Long hours and low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not hire anyone over 21

Meh

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Romulus, MI

ProsGreat place to build your resume around because they teach you a lot of different managment skills and team communication.

ConsIt is a nightmare at times

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a little more to thse who go above and beyond the normal employee

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!