Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
3,042 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 243 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 170 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 486 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 888 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great internship experience! Fair pay, and it is a very fast paced internship.

Former Employee - Intern in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Enterprise would be the work environment, upper management, and career advancement opportunities. Their is no limit to how successful you can become in the company.

Cons

One of the downsides of working at Enterprise is the long work hours. I wouldn't recommend it to those about to start a family. It can be very time consuming at times.

Wonderful job! I look forward to return upon graduation.

Opportunity to learn a ton, but ultimately it's all about the numbers.

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Mostly good people, if you can deal with a few bad apples who only care about results, then you can have a successful career at Enterprise.

Cons

If you don't produce, you will get pushed out. As an MT, the pay is not worth the hours or the idiocy from customers, accounts, and branch and area/regional management.

Stop promoting employees who only know how to sell to management. You are setting these employees up to fail because most don't know how to run a branch, and the training they receive from most branch and area management is only geared towards sales or esqi.

Keep looking. You're better than this.

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You'll leave with plenty of stories, which good because you outside life is nonexistent.

Cons

When I left my pay jumped by $11K/year. I knew that I was being underpaid, but I didn't realize how badly. There was a deeply dishonest culture at every branch I went to, not only between each other, but even worse with the customers. The many times that con artists walk into the branch will make you distrustful of average people. Every bad story of customer service you hear about the company will sound at once outlandish and absolutely credible. If you work here, I can almost guarantee that you will be yelled at for the casual oversight of some other employee, usually one who makes more money and doesn't deal with customers.

After 4 hours straight of washing cars wearing a tie, you will have a hard time telling your family that you bachelors degree, which Enterprise demands of its management trainees, was worth all of the expense and hard work.

You'll be amazed how many customers will come in and act like they're above you. They won't believe, at first, that you have a college degree and just cleaned trash out of a car. You'll die a little but in that moment.

Reduce the bureaucracy that insulates you from anyone who deals with customers. You will have unrealistic ideas of their job demands, performance and morale otherwise.

Over worked and under appreciated

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learn a lot about how a company works and what it takes to be successful in the business world. Assistant managers are given a ton of responsibility to manage local accounts and maintain the day to day operations of the branch.

Cons

Highly over worked with low appreciation from upper management. It seems as if the assistant managers or given the most to do but do not get credited for it. If the branch manager position is vacated, the company is not quick to replace the position and everything rests with the assistants.

Increase the pay for assistant managers. They are highly under appreciated and under paid.

1 to 2 Year Plan - MAX!!!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Looks great on a resume!!! It also gives you a crash course on how to grow and develop in the business world. Teaches you how to interact between customers, upper management, and employees. Very fast paced environement that teaches you the art of multi-tasking.

Cons

Performance based company that doesn't pay for performance. The hype is all about growing your pay plan. The kicker is, don't move stores. Once you move, your pay plan and commission get readjusted to make a LITTLE more; no matter the responsibilities. The pay is not endless and you are capped. Upper management will never tell you this, but they'll find a way to spin it so you think you'll get paid well for your efforts.

Take care of your employees. It's like working at a high priced sweat shop. The alure or money isn't everything. Work/Life balance is something that the new generation wants. If you have high demands, then supply the resources to make it so. Don't pretend that it's been that long since you were in our shoes. Everyone's are under pressure, so show us some love and give us the resources. Otherwise, you'll continue down the path of a 58% employee retention.

It was a great starting career with so much to learn

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Training and Development
    Opportunity Advancement
    Great Benefits
    Managers' empowerment with their employees
    Performance based

Cons

No work life/balance
    Wash cars in suit sometimes
    Job burnout due to improper staffing
    Repetitive retail experience

Take care of your employees and they will take care of you. Be more like their leaders and lead by example.

Not worth it unless you are planning on spending 5+ years there.

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, peer interaction, one will have a variety of experiences to put on resume, formal sales training, other potential employers will recognize your hard work, good benefits.

Cons

Long hours, little pay (around $10/HR), work weekends, embarrassing to tell your friends where you work, rude and angry customers, constant pressure, takes forever to be promoted to where the job is decent, assistant and branch managers are new to management which means they are not good managers yet, and even if you are i the top 1-5% of the sales force you only get a $300 bonus each month.

Increase pay, lower hours