Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

110 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

You will be worked to the bone, but learn how to run a business

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Great Experience
-Truly learn how to run a business
-Learn how to manager others
-Learn how to deliver excellent customer service & sales

Cons-Approximately 55 non flexible hours a week
-Low pay for the work we do, and how much money we generate for the company
-The higher you get (assistant manager and above) the further you may have to move with little notice
-Corporate cutting higher level positions, making moving up harder
-Dealing with the general public

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the fun to Enterprise, the only reason we put up with terrible hours and low pay for how hard we work is because of the people we work with, and #2 because of the benefits, lately all of our budgets have been slashed and instead of encouraging employees with promotions, we are threatened (collectively) with termination.

Great Start To A Career

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat training program, Multiple tasks throughout the day, No two days are alike, great benefits and 401K opportunities, Promote from within, Move through the company at any rate, Cream rises to the top.

Put in your time and work, the sky is the limit.

ConsLong hours and sudden location changes.

Work/Life balance is a struggle.

Good starter job

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTeaches their employees how to deal with the public in a professional manner. Makes sure that the customers are treated with respect,

ConsMore job stress than it is worth especially with insurance and dealership rentals. Long hours and sub-par pay. A lot of politics to get promoted

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to employees suggestions and implement the good ones. Do not let cars go out from the branch with less than a half tank of fuel as this starts the rental off on a bad note.

Heed the warnings of those who have gone before you

Management Trainee (Former Employee)
Orange, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

ProsThey pay you
Interviewers have a sense of pity for you when they see ERAC on your resume

ConsWorking 55+ workweeks
pressure to lie to make sales of a useless product
potential danger (for women esp)--driving around random dudes, picking them at their house or whatever address they give you, and walking alone at night down back alleys of mechanic shops where mechanics can say, flash you. Going to apartment complexes to repo cars

Advice to Senior ManagementPay according to the job. The pay for Management Trainees is akin to server pay. People either despise working here or they drink the kool-aid and would lay down their lives for this place. It's weird.

Good overall job.

Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee)
Long Beach, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible schedule. You are your own boss. Good bonuses. There are different managers that run the place, so you will always have help.

ConsThe environment. Many of these employees are recent graduates, so they feel very proud of their careers. For this reason, you will bump heads a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote based off of efficiency rather than just the sales.

Manager

Manager (Former Employee)
Pasadena, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat company to work for. The people in the company are what get you to work hard

ConsLong hours and not enough pay for what you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't focus on the a couple of employees to develop but everyone

Fun company

Area Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

ProsGood people for the most part

ConsHours long, especially on the way up

Management trainee program- Work hard, earn nothing . . .

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Torrance, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSales, marketing and business training. Also, if you really pay attention, you can learn a lot about running a business.

ConsYou will work like a dog, and not make much money or receive much recognition come promotion time. They promote guys they like into management, not necessarily people who deserve or have earned it. Also, these people will suck the life out of you, as overtime is mandatory. In addition, they always have mandatory after work activities, like bowling and stuff you really don't want to do. The work life balance is horrible. You have to clean cars and sell. Sell,sell,sell. If you don't sell, you won't get promoted, but if you do sell, you still may not get promoted and you won't make a dime off of what you do sell. Overall, its a place to start right out of college, but I wouldn't stay for more then 6 months to a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people who work hard, not just the guys you like hanging with.

Enterprise has been great to me and my family.

Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI started with Enterprise over 25 years ago - way before we were in the top 3 rental companies. To be part of the history, to watch how the company has grown, and to see how they have stayed true to their mission and values has been amazing. Especially as friends have been through layoffs, job hopping, mergers, or worse. I am still here because I like and respect the people I work with, and I still continue to learn and have fun at work every day.

ConsThe cons don't come close to the pros. Sometimes long hours, but I DONT bring my work home with me. Any professional who has ownership in their position is going to do what it takes, and that is what I do. My family has been provided for very well, and we have a stable financial future because Enterprise has invested in me as much as I have invested in the company.

Fun Job for a college student

Service Agent (Former Employee)
Orange, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for less than a year

ProsThey are a very professional company, it gave me a chance to meet and work with some really great people, and it gave me a chance to drive some of the latest models of car

ConsWhen the branch was busy it would get a little crazy due to our branch always being understaffed

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enterprise Rent-A-Car CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson. All 110 reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees.