Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service(in 221 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise(in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)(in 413 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6(in 805 reviews)

113 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Management trainee program- Work hard, earn nothing . . .

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsSales, marketing and business training. Also, if you really pay attention, you can learn a lot about running a business.

ConsYou will work like a dog, and not make much money or receive much recognition come promotion time. They promote guys they like into management, not necessarily people who deserve or have earned it. Also, these people will suck the life out of you, as overtime is mandatory. In addition, they always have mandatory after work activities, like bowling and stuff you really don't want to do. The work life balance is horrible. You have to clean cars and sell. Sell,sell,sell. If you don't sell, you won't get promoted, but if you do sell, you still may not get promoted and you won't make a dime off of what you do sell. Overall, its a place to start right out of college, but I wouldn't stay for more then 6 months to a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people who work hard, not just the guys you like hanging with.

Enterprise has been great to me and my family.

Management (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI started with Enterprise over 25 years ago - way before we were in the top 3 rental companies. To be part of the history, to watch how the company has grown, and to see how they have stayed true to their mission and values has been amazing. Especially as friends have been through layoffs, job hopping, mergers, or worse. I am still here because I like and respect the people I work with, and I still continue to learn and have fun at work every day.

ConsThe cons don't come close to the pros. Sometimes long hours, but I DONT bring my work home with me. Any professional who has ownership in their position is going to do what it takes, and that is what I do. My family has been provided for very well, and we have a stable financial future because Enterprise has invested in me as much as I have invested in the company.

Fun Job for a college student

Service Agent (Former Employee) Orange, CA

ProsThey are a very professional company, it gave me a chance to meet and work with some really great people, and it gave me a chance to drive some of the latest models of car

ConsWhen the branch was busy it would get a little crazy due to our branch always being understaffed

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company that cares about it's employees and customers

Area Rental Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsEnterprise follows a hire from within policy in which every employee starts as a management trainee. You will never have a manager ask you to do something they won't or haven't done themselves. Every level of management has worked their way up and can uniquely relate to a brand new employee.
    Most employees truly enjoy coming to work on a daily basis. Having fun in the branches is a must.
    The employees and management are given a lot of autonomy to run a branch and not micro managed on every aspect of daily operations.
    The starting pay has significantly improved and there is a huge potential to increase your pay substantially in just your first couple of years.

ConsThe customers and accounts can be difficult at times but that can be said for any company or career that deals with the general public.

Competitive, career starting, customer service oriented, high pressure organization.

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsCompany benefits are great!
    Employees are generally easy to get along with and socially outgoing
    Great opportunity to learn how to run and manage a business.

ConsLong hours, even though you're sold on 49-51 hrs/wk to start, depending on what office you begin your career, your hours could easily reach 60 hrs/wk. If you're a manager and you want your office to be successful, you will work no less than 60 hrs/wk.
    High stress due long hours and apathetic attitude from upper management whenever performance is below monthly goals.
    Always looking for the new hot employee, so the area manager/company can boast about them in order to make themselves look better for hiring/training that particular employee and set them as an example for other new employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the market around you and the team you build before you start pointing fingers around for 'poor performance.'

Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsMany store locations and promotions from within

ConsLong hours, "less than adequate" work conditions

Great place to start your career!

Department Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLot's and lot's of Experience! This company will teach you how to handle customer complaints, how to properly “Sale” products, how to effectively market yourself and how to manage different people. Promotions are based on your numbers, so it's what you do that gets you promoted. I never planed on staying here, and it's been a great career choice!

ConsLot's of hours! Customers can be a little challenging.

Best career decision I could have made

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat opportunities, performance based promotions, promotions from within, amazing company culture, strong values. This is a perfect place to start a career if you are looking for something in business.

ConsThe hours can be long but you work with fantastic people. This is not a career for everyone but for the right person it's a great choice

Work. PERIOD

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Huntington Beach, CA

ProsExperience, makes everything else seem easy, learn to become comfortable in uncomfortable situations, increases your communication skills, and how to deal with very pissed off people.

ConsWork so much, not much left in terms of time or energy. Make enough money to barely buy lunch. No respect from anyone... "Oh your the rental car-guy" Thats right I graduated from college to be the "Rental car guy" Awesome really. spend more time at work than at home. Doesn't help work environment sucks

Advice to Senior Managementless hours, decent pay, quit the donkey carrot play,

great opportunity for young professionals

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

Prosfun, camaraderie, interesting, fast, exciting

Conshard, long, tiring, difficult work

Advice to Senior Managementbe nice

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!