Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
3,236 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 249 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 176 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 525 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 923 reviews)

More Highlights

131 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Training is great, but not worth staying too long....

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Laguna Niguel, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can learn a lot about sales and logistics. Two years here is as good as a Master's Degree for many fortune 500 companies. If you can tolerate the abuse, you could make some money someday.

Cons

Work/Life balance are usually awful and there are a lot of people working there who aren't really good enough to promote and aren't worth firing (too expensive). Environment can be a bit cutthroat and the non performing employees are bounced around like a hot potato. I moved up quickly and excelled in the duties, but ultimately the cost of my time and stress wasn't worth the mediocre pay.

Fun work environment, but little work/life balance

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Fullerton, CA
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very fun place to work. You will make a lot of friends and learn the back and front end of how a business is run. You get to see reports that no other employer would show their employees. Very honest and ethical.

Cons

Sometimes 60 hour work weeks. The time off you get you're too exhausted to even do anything because the days are so hectic and demanding. Retail hours with retail like customers.

Remember, these are kids who probably still live with their parents who you are training. If you think they are valuable to your branch be flexible with days off and try not to overwork them or they will get burnt out on and leave.

Long hours in a heavy customer service company

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can move fairly quickly up the corporate ladder if you are able to perform successfully in regards to sales and other corporate standards. There is no seniority that any employee has to overcome, there have been Area/District Managers who are in the mid to late 20s. You learn quickly how to sell the product and how to handle customer complaints. They do have a great benefits package offered to employees. You do learn how to culture and run a business. If you love sales, and don't mind working in the automotive industry, then working your way up may be appealing for you.

Cons

It's a pyramid scheme. They sell you a dream, that if you work these 11 to 12 hour days, you'll make a lot of money. The people you work with are generally great, but the heavy 11 hour customer service mess that you have to put up with is very overwhelming, and I have worked in customer service for nearly 7 years. And, having made it to a managerial level, the compensation is crap. To require that everyone who works there has a college degree but only pay their employees $10/hour (I am a manager, and that hourly rate was on my last pay review) is ridiculous.

Fun out of the office position

Current Employee - Driver in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Driver in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work-life balance is great. This driver position is only three days a week. If you want just a part-time gig, this is ideal for you.

Cons

There is a system that they use, same as Federal Express, it is called Paragon. It has the times of arrival as a guideline of arrivals to locations. The people that are assigned to pick you up sometimes run very late, and you are stuck at a location without any alternatives.

Have a little bit more heart when it comes to the wages, one quarter of a dollar for a raise is not beneficial. Get with the Union, like Alamo and National. Treat the employees better.

Great Training but only met for a certain type of person

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Burbank, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great training program
    learn a lot about management
    a lot of walking and driving

Cons

it really is only for a certain type of person
    favoritism is praciced

reach out to lower performing employees as you do your starts for overall moral

Great place to get experience

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Camarillo, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meet new people from all walks of life, Gain experience that will help build your resume.

Cons

Too many cliques. Upper management only considers the cool kids, the job can be dangerous (you drive all day), washing cars in suits sucks

Great company for young people.

Former Employee - Sales Management Trainee in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Management Trainee in Culver City, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Enterprise encourages healthy competition and has great management. They teach you a lot about sales; there is a heavy emphasis on selling insurance. It is a great company for a first job.

Cons

The pay is not very good and the hours are very long.

Encourage upward mobility and have more insensitive programs.

ERAC is a Pyramid Scheme

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are great, the "us against them" mentality fosters tight relationships. Working at ERAC definitely helps with work ethic and understanding of consumer sales.

Cons

The opportunities for advancement are just not there anymore. With stagnation in the overall marketplace, starting at an entry-level position is akin to joining a pyramid scheme at the lowest level. The job gets zero respect, and the hours are brutal. Paradoxically, the company shoves free booze at employees, which has its own negative effects of DUIs, fights, and generally bad behavior.

Consider converting the front-line sales position to a permanent job that includes commission, and reserving the "management training" program for actual management training.

Hard Work NO PAY

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Gabriel, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Gabriel, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The opportunity for growth is there... if you are ok with working til you cant anymore and getting paid slave wages. The people I have worked with for the most part are awesome the company does a good job of finding competitive hungry employees who have the natural ability to achieve. THe whole training and management process is in essence just a giant weed out, if you can cope with being told you're being paid well when your not and getting overworked to struggle to live with the hope of being promoted high enough to make good money then this place is for you. Just need to know the dream is a lot farther than the reality. Not many people get to Area Manager in less than 5-6 years and you see mid level five figures until you climb that high. Great for the resume and great for the experience, horrible for the ride.

Cons

Disgruntled customers, being set up to fail, being told that customer service is everything, when the idea of the company is get a customer in the door and get the car later. Many a time I have had to talk someone down because of a 1-2 hour wait it is awful. Been cussed out numerous times, for things I felt awful for doing and I just have to keep smiling. Also being sugarcoated into thinking my hard work is worth what they pay, my damn college debt is more than my yearly salary (uhhhhhhhh, irony we need a degree here).

Stop being so top heavy. The reason you make so much is because the troops are out there weathering the storm. This isn't a frat just cause you paid your dues doesn't mean you deserve salaries that thrump mine by 7-8 fold.

Hard work, little pay, good for resume

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Ventura, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Ventura, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

resume builder, meet good people, competitive

Cons

favoritism for promotions, either your in with the cool kids or your out, bad customers, you will be tasked with repossessing cars, driving too much, driving can be hazardous to your health, little to no pay increase once you grill and get promoted.

listen to your employees and quit playing favorites.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos