Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

Reset
3.5
Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • I got a lot of really good customer service experience (in 249 reviews)

• I met so many great people working for Enterprise (in 176 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance if you are married or want to start a family (in 525 reviews)

• Tough starting out with long hours (in 923 reviews)

1. Learning experience to help you with your next occupation

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Great management training program, once you've worked there, everything else seems easy. Health, dental, 401k benefits, HUGE discounts on rental cars, being able to drive around all of the newest vehicles out, great pay for coming out of college

Cons

Long hours, management can be shifty, no facial hair allowed, white collared shirts everyday (variety please), customers can make the job extremely difficult,

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your employees, if everyone is saying the same thing, then there may need to be a change in the style this company is run.

2. Account executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

Pros

None. Don't do it!

Cons

Hours/pay/poor management and fyi raleigh has the LOWEST retention rate in the company. Overtime is a joke. When you start they 'lower' hourly rate so that you need to have overtime to have the annual salary they say they start at.

Advice to Management

Stop firing good employees that love your company. As someone that never liked the company, I found it amazing how quickly you fire those that bleed green.

3. Management over promises and under delivers

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Working at Enterprise was a fun first job out of college. I wouldn't recommend it for long term, but it allowed me to build the confidence, skills, etc. to get a real job. The culture can be fun as well. You work long hours i stressful environments but the shared experiences make life long friends.

Cons

If you're looking for work life balance this is not the job for you. The business model is designed to motivate you to work long hours for very low pay, with the promise of quick promotability. 20 years ago this was a booming industry and many execs did make a fortune, but today that is not the case. You may work really hard and build up your commission, just to see it renegotiated.

Part-Time Driver

Current Employee - Driver in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Driver in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get drive brand new cars for 8 hours! The discounts are good, and the people you work with are fun.

Cons

It becomes repetitive at times, which may be boring to some. If you really like driving, then you will be fine.

6. Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Training, met a lot of my close friends at Enterprise, great experience in the work force. Learned a lot about managing a business.

Cons

ZERO work/life balance, as a BRM I put in 55-60 hours a week... poor pay compensation, wash cars in all types of weather in a suit, under promises from upper management

Advice to Management

give your people more time off and with their families. You work us too hard, with not great pay. More opportunity to move up in Admin. Rental is tough to survive.

7. Great experience, great people, great workplace environment.

Current Intern - Management Trainee Intern in Raleigh, NC
    Current Intern - Management Trainee Intern in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is excellent, strong office culture, decent benefits even as an intern. Seems relatively easy to get promoted. You are able to get very involved in the company, unlike a stereotypical internship. Overall a fun place to work.

Cons

Long hours, work some weekends, work/life balance is tough (7am-6pm). Have to deal with some tough/picky customers on a daily basis. Having to clean cars when it gets busy during the summer in your shirt and tie.

8. Hours too long but great job out of college

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Will gain personal growth and develop great relationships

Cons

Work 50 plus hours a week. Plus work every other Saturday. Pay grade does not match up what is expected out of all the time

Advice to Management

Find a way to cut hours because we all know that you are not going to pay more

The company cannot keep employees and interviewing process is to lengthy.

Former Employee - Work From Customer Service in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Work From Customer Service in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is seemingly pretty good as well as the hours.

Cons

No advancement, wage is capped and no other benefits are offered.

Advice to Management

Utilize different recruiters Ms. Parrish seems to be doing most of the interviewing.

10. Good resume builder. Terrible pay, hours, and favoritism

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to build a resume and make a steady check (read: $11.67/hr, built in 10+ hours overtime/week)

Cons

Leadership - they play favorites. Sales metrics - Not a level playing field: every store has a different business mix. Some are sales havens, some are affluent and full of wealthy clients. Compare temporary insurance sales working in a seedier part of town versus a body shop near wealthy neighborhoods. You are promoted solely off of this, proceed with caution. Pay - $11.67/hr + 10 hours of $17/hr overtime. If you get into management, you'll still barely make $45k Hours - 50+ hours per week, in a suit (if you're a guy) cleaning filthy cars in very hot or cold conditions, depending on where you live. Customer Service - You have little to no power. Customers play the game all day, and you will endure their abuse and accommodate them based on the "completely satisfied" 5/5 customer service rating your branch is expected to make. ESQI, everybody! Additionally: Assuming you have a great customer service store, it only reflects on your branch - not you.

Advice to Management

Your business model is to burn through recent college grads by dangling a carrot of promotions and career growth. Try investing in them a little more, and re-vamping your arcane sales metrics to level the playing field.

11. I loved my job!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed my time with this company. I grew so much as a professional and have very fond memories of being part of a wonderful, fun and engaged team.

Cons

Sometimes they have some very strict rules that to do not take into consideration other factors. This may cause them to lose very committed, hardworking and talented people.

Advice to Management

Show more compassion and pay your people more so that you can keep great talent

Showing 19 of 4,483 reviews