Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
2,957 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to its values; customer service really IS their way of life (in 233 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 167 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 461 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 857 reviews)

More Highlights

I had a good summer interning at Enterprise.

Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern  in  Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for less than a year

Pros

* Lots of room to grow a career.
    * Teaches office management and sales technique
    * Potential full-time employment after graduation.
    * Great training program
    * Management seemed to care about employees
    * Stable company
    * Warm organizational culture

Cons

* It is a sales internship, so be sure you want to go into sales or it might be a struggle for you
    * Expected to reach same sales quota as a full-time employee (the internship is P/T)
    * Stressful at peak times, especially when you are still learning the computer system

My advice would be to not transfer employees so much from branch to branch. As soon as you become friends with the people you work with (and you work well together) they get moved. I heard concerns from customers as to how often employees moved, disappointed that their favorite was sent to another branch in the city. It is not turnover, but in the local branch, it has the same effect as turnover would. Not a big complaint, just a suggestion.

Summer intern

Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern  in  Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Albany, NY

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great experience
    Learned a lot in a short amount of time
    Co-workers have similar personalities so everyone get along great
    Awesome resume builder

Cons

Long hours
    Can be stressful at times
    Not paid well until you hit a manager position

Great place to work

Current Employee - Management Assistant  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They really do hire a lot of young like minded people so you make some great lasting relationships.
    Upper management always willing to help.
    Flex days are nice where you can get out early on a weekday.

Cons

Long hours and not much pay.
    Hard to branch out to different departments outside of rental.
    Promotions tend to be based more on where upper management wants people to be instead of the best qualifying people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best parts of the company have remained throughout my entire career, the people and opportunities.

Current Employee - Regional Rental Manager  in  Ronkonkoma, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Rental Manager in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The global leader in the rental car industry with regard to market share, revenue, growth and opportunities. On the job guided management experience. Incredible opportunities for pay and promotions. Reward hard work and performance. The company is very forward thinking and recognizes that the workforce continues to evolve and tries to be ahead of that curve. Family owned and operated which keeps control of business decisions within the company. Continually evaluates employee engagement and makes changes when needed. The ability to make 100k within 5 years(plus benefits, company car and phone allowance).......

Cons

Initially the hours are hard for some employees because they are not accustomed to working at one place for 10-11 hrs per day. Outside people's perception of what you do and why you work for a "rental car company". This is something that you will most certainly face in the New York market because people don't understand the promotional process and the amazing opportunities. Remember that we are a global market leader whose primary source of revenue happens to be renting cars but that is far from all that we do.

Great career startee

Former Employee - Managmrnt Trainee
    Former Employee - Managmrnt Trainee

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Looks good for future sales positions

Cons

Long hours during the day and weekend

Service Agent

Former Employee - PT Service Agent  in  Williamsport, PA
    Former Employee - PT Service Agent in Williamsport, PA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the fast past environment at Enterprise Rent-A-Car. I also liked the many small perks offered to all employees, both full and part-time.

Cons

The service agent job was pretty physically demanding at times. It was also annoying to see others slack off when you're trying to do things quickly and well.

lots of work to start making money, but when you get there its worth it.

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great culture if management is good, Great team work environment.

Cons

Long hours, lots of work and not for everybody.

follow through on companys founding values

Manager

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

100 percent promote from within, you will work with a lot of motivated people. Have the ability to get promoted often with performance.

Cons

You will work in a competitive environment, hours can be long, always busy. If you do not like being accountable for goals, this is not the company for you.

Great Camaraderie,

Former Employee - Management Assistant
    Former Employee - Management Assistant

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training is definitely on par. Every day is a learning experience, so it's good that they traiin you 3-6 months after you start. Benefits are decent, and they are looking to push you to a Branch Manager position within 2-3 years. Although hours (in cons) are long, it will make you humble if you decide to move on. If you can get along with the folks in your area, you will definitely do well, and you'll have some stories to tell.

Cons

Hours. You will work about 50+ hours/week (they will try to limit to 49.5, but I remember working consistent 50+ hour weeks). Promotions have politics written all over it, and there is seldom any work/life balance.

MT's and MA's help make money up for the higher ups. Treat them with respect.

Great place to work if you can handle working 50+ hours a week

Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The employees are all relatively young and in their 20's so it is easy to get along with your coworkers. After a few weeks you can essentially run your own branch

Cons

Hours are long, usually work 11-12 hour days but if your branch is busy the days go by fairly quick since you are doing a number of different tasks
    Some branches are harder to sell at than others, particularly insurance branches; however if you are driven by sales it is not much of an issue

Continue to stay closed on Sunday's. Some locations are starting to implement half days on Sunday's, which will drive people out of the company despite receiving time and a half.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!