Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.1
3,176 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 244 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 172 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 498 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 896 reviews)

More Highlights

I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Your career success depends on how much you put into it. I've always been competitive so working with ERAC has allowed me to advance my career in management. The opportunities if you are a performer are endless, the company is expanding globally and all of the promotions are from within. After completing the MT program(11 months) I was promoted to assistant manager manager with the company and nearly doubled my salary. My success has an assistant manager lead to the next role which is branch manager once I was promoted to branch manager I was making more than all of my friends out of college plus able to drive home a brand new car everyday. Enterprise supports the success of their employees in many ways(formal/informal mentor ship program, sales training, manager training, etc) I never imagined working for a car rental company post my college career but now can't imagine not working for this company.

Cons

Everyday your foot needs to be on the pedal. Your sales and customer service numbers drive your career if you are not a performer this will ultimately affect your promotions and profitability. Very fast paced environment this isn't not your area of strength this company may not be the best fit for you. In the first year you will work the hardest and get paid the least and work the most hours. If you can get past the first year it is well worth the career.

Continue to take care of your employees and customers first.

Wonderful

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay was okay starting out. It was better when I got moved to assistant manager. Was capped out on commission so just had to increase fleet, sales, and flip (pulling cars for deletion).
    Benefits are great- discounts on rentals, medical, dental, vision, life etc, bonuses for employee referrals, and other seasonal incentive programs.
    Coworkers- by far this is the greatest part of this career. My coworkers were amazing. The former area manager was only there two weeks then was replaced by the best manager I have ever had. Had several branch managers, most were okay. Admin team was great. Had a very goal driven RVP who you could personally call at anytime for advice. My favorite part was that everyone who was at Admin office, came through rental and could talk about it like it was yesterday. They were very real and upfront with you on everything, including washing cars in a suit.

Cons

Hated working at Geico ARX shop for the four months I was there. There is a difference in washing a car and making a brand new one appear out of thin air. Geico people aren't paid enough and you can tell. The guy at geico that could literally tell my area manager how high to jump probably didn't make half of his salary.
    Esqi is a joke. You would literally have to offer one of your ceiling tiles to make a customers happy. You might as well start saying, how much of this rental would you like me to take off to make you appear completely satisfied???
    If you screw up or think you have screwed up, write the whole story down because the ethics committee will blindside you three weeks after the fact and ask you every detail of that transaction at 8AM. And if you don't remember a certain detail, you just lied to them and you're fired.

Overall enterprise was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time there. Keep doing what you're doing.

Good environment as well as good managers

Current Employee - Service Agent
    Current Employee - Service Agent

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced, fun, challenging, and a good sense of hard work

Cons

Hours, sometimes not very organized, understaffed

Assistant manager

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great people great environment to work

Cons

Long days make personal life challenging

Your burning your managers out with 60 to 70 hours work weeks every week

Love this company

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Taught me how to run and operate my own business from the ground up but more than that I have grown just as much personally. From networking to confidence to mentors hip this experience has been priceless.

Cons

In any business there is always something that needs to be improved and this takes time to adjust, it can feel as though you there is no finish line.

Overall good career building company - not a place to retire

Former Employee - Area Manager
    Former Employee - Area Manager

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Training was awesome. Great recognition for performance. Company takes itself very seriously so they train all level employees to do the same. That is a good confidence booster for future career goals.

Cons

No employee loyalty. Heavy work load, long hours, under paid for your entire career there. It is not uncommon to work 6:30am to 9pm for your first three years at the company. The culture is very close knit. Employees feel like Enterprise is the only thing happening in the world. To a career minded employee, it is!

Pay more. Appreciate the team more to gain more long term employees.

Work hard, Sell hard, get rewarded

Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Hard work is rewarded.
    Selling is the main way to move up.
    Most managers are promoted based on experience.
    Promotions are 100% internal.

Cons

Long hours (11+ hour days depending on branch location and business volume)
    Wash cars in shirt and tie.
    Everyone is "sold" the same dream. 6 years 6 figures, moving up quick, etc.

Good job.

Management Trainee

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Concord, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training, good pay, excellent experience, and a good mentorship program.

Cons

Hours, fleet management, and customers already dislike you when they walk in the door because they think you are there to rip them off and its your job to turn them around.

Either pay more or hire more people. I know you need to run tight and be efficient with costs, but there is a fine balance between being overworked and making a profit. Unfortunately most management would rather overwork than overpay.

Great place to learn all about business, also helps your resume.

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company, especially right out of college. Really give you the best insight on how to run a successful business. The friends you make during this process will be your biggest takeaway.

Cons

Work Life balance is about as bad as it gets. Almost impossible to get holidays off. You are going to be underpaid until you get to an area manager level.

Pay your branch managers, they are the backbone of your success.

A great place to work because of the business skills you develop and the customer/professional relationships you form.

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As long as you are putting in the results you will move up the ladder fast and could possibly triple your salary in 3-4 years. The possibilities to expand your career are endless.

Cons

Work-life balance is bad. work 50-60 hours a week, saturdays and sundays included. It is hard to find the days to take your vacation because theres never anyone available to cover your shift.

Better work life balance!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos