Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
2,913 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  Aiken, SC
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Aiken, SC

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast Paced and stressful at times, but the reward you get from within is better than any other feeling I have had working a job. Management was straight forward and offered bonuses to individuals who were selling over par. The pay was great

Cons

Work-Life Balance- fairly non-existent. You are expected to work hard and hard work is rewarded, but 50+ hours a week isn't ideal for some employees.

None.

Great company

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Great training, recent focus on work/life balance

Cons

medium pay, other than that, pretty good

Glad I left, but wouldn't be where I am without them

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training. Fun culture. Ton's of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Starting pay is low. Hours are grueling. Customers can be brutal. Impossible to succeed if you can't sell.

Be more open to re-examining pay plans for managers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer intern

Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern  in  Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Albany, NY

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great experience
    Learned a lot in a short amount of time
    Co-workers have similar personalities so everyone get along great
    Awesome resume builder

Cons

Long hours
    Can be stressful at times
    Not paid well until you hit a manager position

The best parts of the company have remained throughout my entire career, the people and opportunities.

Current Employee - Regional Rental Manager  in  Ronkonkoma, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Rental Manager in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The global leader in the rental car industry with regard to market share, revenue, growth and opportunities. On the job guided management experience. Incredible opportunities for pay and promotions. Reward hard work and performance. The company is very forward thinking and recognizes that the workforce continues to evolve and tries to be ahead of that curve. Family owned and operated which keeps control of business decisions within the company. Continually evaluates employee engagement and makes changes when needed. The ability to make 100k within 5 years(plus benefits, company car and phone allowance).......

Cons

Initially the hours are hard for some employees because they are not accustomed to working at one place for 10-11 hrs per day. Outside people's perception of what you do and why you work for a "rental car company". This is something that you will most certainly face in the New York market because people don't understand the promotional process and the amazing opportunities. Remember that we are a global market leader whose primary source of revenue happens to be renting cars but that is far from all that we do.

You Reap What You Sow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The training at Enterprise is unmatched. You are given invaluable experience from day one. The benefits package is amazing as well. My management makes themselves available for coaching and constructive feedback on a daily basis.

Cons

You truly reap what you sow here. People complain about hours, pay, etc. but a successful career is not grown overnight. If you can see the bigger picture and work hard to invest in the company (and yourself), Enterprise will invest in you ten fold.

A Great Place to Start a Career!

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  Gresham, OR
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Gresham, OR

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment.
    Given real world responsibilities on day one.
    The culture of Enterprise is Great!
    Love the People.
    Lots of opportunities to advance.
    Other employers love hiring Enterprise employee.

Cons

50 hour work weeks take a little to get use too. (Work Hard / Play Hard)

I love how the entire management team cares about developing people. Keep up the Good Work!

I had a good summer interning at Enterprise.

Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern  in  Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for less than a year

Pros

* Lots of room to grow a career.
    * Teaches office management and sales technique
    * Potential full-time employment after graduation.
    * Great training program
    * Management seemed to care about employees
    * Stable company
    * Warm organizational culture

Cons

* It is a sales internship, so be sure you want to go into sales or it might be a struggle for you
    * Expected to reach same sales quota as a full-time employee (the internship is P/T)
    * Stressful at peak times, especially when you are still learning the computer system

My advice would be to not transfer employees so much from branch to branch. As soon as you become friends with the people you work with (and you work well together) they get moved. I heard concerns from customers as to how often employees moved, disappointed that their favorite was sent to another branch in the city. It is not turnover, but in the local branch, it has the same effect as turnover would. Not a big complaint, just a suggestion.

Perfect for college grads

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule, if you want to juggle a part-time job you could. Competitive bonus structure, the harder you sell the better your paycheck. Medical benefits are nice, starts 90 days after your probational period. The team is fairly young, all college grads, so the office is always fun.

Cons

Pay is something to be desired. You are entry level, so don't expect six figures. Management is college grads with a couple months your senior.

Pay structure for other employees who are not in sales should reflect as such. Not everyone's wages should be made by the notion that you earn what you sell. Doesn't work in admin positions.

Fantastic company culture, but you have to work incredibly hard to make it to the top.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern

Pros

They promote completely from within so everyone understands what its like to work 12 hours days in a suit. Great corporate culture, they love to give back to the community. They offer great incentives to be successful in sales.

Cons

12 hour days in a suit while you're outside a good amount.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!