Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

3.2
2,867 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights

You Reap What You Sow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The training at Enterprise is unmatched. You are given invaluable experience from day one. The benefits package is amazing as well. My management makes themselves available for coaching and constructive feedback on a daily basis.

Cons

You truly reap what you sow here. People complain about hours, pay, etc. but a successful career is not grown overnight. If you can see the bigger picture and work hard to invest in the company (and yourself), Enterprise will invest in you ten fold.

Service Agent and Driver

Current Employee - Service Agent  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Service Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun to drive and fun to clean

Cons

When its come to alot of customers, thats mean its alot of work for Service Agent to clean the cars for customers faster.

great people to work with

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It is a very upbeat and fun atmosphere to work in. There is a ton of opportunity for career growth and earning potential. the best thing about the company is the people that you work with. The company truly does care about its people and understands that the people in the company are what makes enterprise so successful

Cons

Work life balance is certainly compromised as every work day is 11 hours and for many people like myself works on saturdays and sundays. Its can be very physically taxing work as well and many days are spent the entire time on your feet. Dealing in the customer service industry can also be very frustrating as many customers know how important customer service is to enterprise and take advantage of it.

We all know how important customer service is but sometimes it supercedes everything else and in many cases upper management takes the approach that the customer is always right too seriously.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Although the pay is not great, the ability to learn how to run your own business is great.

Former Employee - Regional Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training, Family Atmosphere, Team Work, and rewarding (if you work hard), also they provide really good benefits and 401k

Cons

LONG HOURS!! There are some politics that go on behind closed doors with upper lever management.
    Training does exist, but you typically have to go ask for it.

Don't lose touch with what made the company such a success to begin with, and don't allow upper level management to play so much politics.

Take care of customers, Reward hard work.......and let the profits and growth follow.

Fantastic company with a hard working atmosphere

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for more than a year

Pros

It has great upward growth and a fantastic plan to get you there. You are surrounded by people who have the drive to get there as well.

Cons

Upward growth is there, but your tenure needs to be there as well. Unfortunately sometimes it doesn't come down to how hard you work, but more how long have you worked hard. interesting way to look at it but frustrating.

Enterprise is a grind, but they teach work hard, how to run your own business and how to take care of customers.

Former Employee - Area Rental Manager
    Former Employee - Area Rental Manager

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The camaraderie is great between employees, the money gets better every year and its not a mentally challenging job.

Cons

long hours, work life balance if tough

You know what you're getting yourself into and get out of it what you put in.

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

I've never felt more like I've earned my pay check, the pay for performance at the branch manager level is very fair. It's really best for people coming out of college, sticking out a year or more of making lower MT/MA pay, then without kids so you can work the long Assistant hours, and when you make branch manager, you can almost relax, just don't buy a house. Its great to see the promotional opportunities constantly being generated.

Cons

Lots of hours and until you make assistant, not a lot of control, you're at the whom of your manager. At times, unethical behavior is rewarded, seldom does it stick around for long, but when it beats you out, its disappointing. I think the current promotional track is working too quickly, so that MTs are rapidly becoming MAs and finding that they can't compete for the positions they want. Slow it back down!

Let managers have more control of their cost and expense mix. I'm happy to drive up personnel to ensure better staffing and capability for greater growth and better esqi. Too bad that from the top down this is discouraged. Run tight on people and cars!

great.

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

there is an opportunity great mobility

Cons

work hours can be very long.

Haven't been working here long but it's very easy going as long as you do your job and don't slack off.

Current Employee - PT Service Agent  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - PT Service Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you want a simple job this is the job for you because cleaning cars is not hard at all. All I do is clean cars which includes washing and vacuuming it, stuff that you shouldn't have to sweat for.

Cons

Only cons would be working outside in the heat but you get used to it.

Great company to work for if your are competitive

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Real opportunity to move up if you perform and persist

Cons

Long hours. Standing all day.

Keep on rewarding performance.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!