Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.0 2,701 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

2,701 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service"
    in 216 reviews
  • "met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise"
    in 147 reviews
Cons:
  • "No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)"
    in 387 reviews
  • "If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6"
    in 772 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fits Like a Glove

Victorville, CA

ProsThe training is very in-depth, and my managers were very helpful in developing me as an employee. The hourly wage isn't the best but they make up for it with plenty of overtime. My coworkers are like-minded and we have a blast working together. The employees and management make this a fun place to work!

ConsDifficult to balance work with personal life, time-off can be difficult to come by if you work at a smaller branch, demanding job working with irate customers on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementTaking time to acknowledge your employees for their hard work means a lot after a stressfull day.

I had a great experience as a Management Trainee at Enterprise Rent A Car

Management Trainee (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsThe best reasons to work here are the career opportunities that come with succeeding in and completing the Management Trainee program. Upper management is available to help coach and train struggling employees and there is an abundance of recognition and reward for employees that are meeting goals and objectives.

While there is a ton of things to complete on a daily basis, the workload forces employees to stay on task and learn to work efficiently, where they might have never encountered the need to do so in college or in previous jobs.

ConsThe workload is repetitive and overwhelming at times, but easy for a competent employee and will become easy for an employee who is underdeveloped.

The hours are long. They tell you 49 hours per week in the interview but it is more like 53-55 per week in reality. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing as it helps boost annual pay (I made $40,000 in my first year as a Trainee due to so much overtime).

Advice to Senior ManagementMake Assistant Manager and Manager pay higher so that the best employees don't quit or leave for other divisions within the company.

Have smaller bi-weekly outings (half day with lunch or a movie) for top performers in addition to the monthly 'Excellence' outings.

Not bad place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proseasy going manager that i reported to. good benefits and discounts.

ConsNo work/life balance if you are married or want to start a family. No real room to move up in the company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Experience

Virginia Beach, VA

ProsHands on training, very professional management staff, and helpful learning techniques for the future.

ConsWashing cars even though they have car preps, communication between general and assistant managers, and size of some of the offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in on the new interns and make sure they feel comfortable and understand all of the new materials.

Professional Environment. Well organized program.

Management & Sales Internship (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsEveryone is willing to help and make you succeed. You have the power to make the customer completly satisfied.

ConsIn a parking garage. Onery customers. Have to swallow your pride and please the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to always have us over booked during peak times.

Okay, so far.

ProsWork from okay.
    Great Pay, to be working from home
    No commute

Consnight hours
    boring training
    long hiring process

Advice to Senior Managementoffer more schedules

Great place to work but needs some changes.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Nash, TN

ProsA lot to learn and great mangers who will work with you on HR issues and days you work. Some room to move up in the company but you must show that you want to work and put in the effort for it.

ConsMicromanagement. Pay could be a little more honestly some of us really work hard even if it's a part time job and would like something just a little more even if it's just 25 or 50 an hour after six months of employment because there is so much turn over. Labor Companies. Seriously, get rid of these people and hire company people they do TERRIBLE work and costing the company more money in the long run in my opinion on damage and HR on these TERRIBLE people. I really like working for the enterprise brand but this is going to destroy the company at large locations ( Airports) in the long run.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand that mangers who sell the best are afforded Airport locations to run. In my opinion just because you can sell well doesn't mean that you are a good manger. I think that running a airport location should be run by someone who has a lot time in the field of management than someone who is 25 years old and been with the company for just a few years. These are million(s) dollar locations and I believe you should have someone with more understanding and history with the company because running an airport location is nothing like running a branch location. These are just my opinions.

Terrific company, difficult hours

Management Assistant (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe people are the best! The managers were always there to help if you asked for it.
    Great benefits!
    SO much room for growth and promotion. You need to work for it though.
    You learn how to run a business and your success is in your hands.

ConsEarly mornings and late evenings. Sometimes I would work 50-60+ hours a week. You will also sometimes work weekend mornings and afternoons.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop shifts for the managers. This would help with the work/life balance issues

ERAC

ProsLaid back but still a business professional environment

ConsThe push to upgrade people in cars in certain locations can be stressful but is the least of the worries I have.

Hard work

Fresno, CA

ProsGood experience, lots of type A personalities, plenty of room for advancement, decent pay in a short amount of time

ConsVery hard grunt work at first, like washing and vacuuming cars in a suit. Very long hours, often worked 60 hour weeks

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enterprise Rent-A-Car CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson. All 2,701 reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees.