Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.0 2,749 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service(in 221 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise(in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)(in 413 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6(in 805 reviews)

2,749 Employee Reviews

GREAT

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Salinas, CA

ProsThe Management is great and always looking to help employees. When they say the have an open door policy they really mean it.

ConsI have not found any issues with the company yet. I have only been there a short time (under a year) but it has been a great experience so far.

Very good. Laid back and friendly management.

Service Agent (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsPretty decent pay for a part-time service agent
    Plenty of hours
    Easy work, washing and driving cars all day
    Talking and meeting new people
    Co-workers are pretty cool and so is the management

ConsSome days can be very long and tedious if everything is done, but overall still awesome.
    Sometimes there is either over or under staffing, which can cause problems.
    Customers are sometimes angry and take it out on you (part of the job)

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Paid for Performing

Branch Manager (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsFun co workers, fast paced, time goes quickly, make money from the branch you are running, volunteer opportunities, bonuses

ConsBecause of the hours of the business I found it difficult to go to the gym, I was tired at the end of the day! Coworkers that would neglect responsibilities because they were lazy

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue recognition of top employees, would like additional benefits like free gym memberships

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a GREAT place to work!!

ProsAwesome training and pay for performance environment!

ConsEVERYTHING is great about working for this company!

Fits Like a Glove

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Victorville, CA

ProsThe training is very in-depth, and my managers were very helpful in developing me as an employee. The hourly wage isn't the best but they make up for it with plenty of overtime. My coworkers are like-minded and we have a blast working together. The employees and management make this a fun place to work!

ConsDifficult to balance work with personal life, time-off can be difficult to come by if you work at a smaller branch, demanding job working with irate customers on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementTaking time to acknowledge your employees for their hard work means a lot after a stressfull day.

I had a great experience as a Management Trainee at Enterprise Rent A Car

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsThe best reasons to work here are the career opportunities that come with succeeding in and completing the Management Trainee program. Upper management is available to help coach and train struggling employees and there is an abundance of recognition and reward for employees that are meeting goals and objectives.

While there is a ton of things to complete on a daily basis, the workload forces employees to stay on task and learn to work efficiently, where they might have never encountered the need to do so in college or in previous jobs.

ConsThe workload is repetitive and overwhelming at times, but easy for a competent employee and will become easy for an employee who is underdeveloped.

The hours are long. They tell you 49 hours per week in the interview but it is more like 53-55 per week in reality. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing as it helps boost annual pay (I made $40,000 in my first year as a Trainee due to so much overtime).

Advice to Senior ManagementMake Assistant Manager and Manager pay higher so that the best employees don't quit or leave for other divisions within the company.

Have smaller bi-weekly outings (half day with lunch or a movie) for top performers in addition to the monthly 'Excellence' outings.

ERAC

ProsLaid back but still a business professional environment

ConsThe push to upgrade people in cars in certain locations can be stressful but is the least of the worries I have.

Quick and easy

Member Service Coordinator (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThey pay is great and friendly team

ConsHours are long and not much else

Management Trainee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA wonderful company that is full of advancement opportunities.

ConsStarting pay is low for someone with a college degree but if you stay there you'll make plenty of money.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you are doing.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) DFW, TX

ProsGreat benefits. Environment is fun and the company has very strong values. Great on the job training and opportunity for advancement but you must be willing to work hard to obtain your career goals.

ConsThe hours are very long so it is difficult to get the things done you need to get done outside of the office. Unrealistic goals can create some unethical behavior among managers. The pay is very low

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the hours and don't get mad at employees when they need to take time off.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!