Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
2,912 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights

Underpaid and overworked.

Former Employee - Loss Control Supervisor  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Loss Control Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good sales experience based on volume. Generally, good co workers because everyone is about your age.

Cons

everything is terrible that isn't mentioned above.

pick better leaders and not just people who are superior egotistical salespeople... should lead to less turnover

ERAC is a Pyramid Scheme

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers are great, the "us against them" mentality fosters tight relationships. Working at ERAC definitely helps with work ethic and understanding of consumer sales.

Cons

The opportunities for advancement are just not there anymore. With stagnation in the overall marketplace, starting at an entry-level position is akin to joining a pyramid scheme at the lowest level. The job gets zero respect, and the hours are brutal. Paradoxically, the company shoves free booze at employees, which has its own negative effects of DUIs, fights, and generally bad behavior.

Consider converting the front-line sales position to a permanent job that includes commission, and reserving the "management training" program for actual management training.

Keep looking. You're better than this.

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll leave with plenty of stories, which good because you outside life is nonexistent.

Cons

When I left my pay jumped by $11K/year. I knew that I was being underpaid, but I didn't realize how badly. There was a deeply dishonest culture at every branch I went to, not only between each other, but even worse with the customers. The many times that con artists walk into the branch will make you distrustful of average people. Every bad story of customer service you hear about the company will sound at once outlandish and absolutely credible. If you work here, I can almost guarantee that you will be yelled at for the casual oversight of some other employee, usually one who makes more money and doesn't deal with customers.

After 4 hours straight of washing cars wearing a tie, you will have a hard time telling your family that you bachelors degree, which Enterprise demands of its management trainees, was worth all of the expense and hard work.

You'll be amazed how many customers will come in and act like they're above you. They won't believe, at first, that you have a college degree and just cleaned trash out of a car. You'll die a little but in that moment.

Reduce the bureaucracy that insulates you from anyone who deals with customers. You will have unrealistic ideas of their job demands, performance and morale otherwise.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst job I've ever had in my life.

Former Employee - Management Trainee
    Former Employee - Management Trainee

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

They'll pay for you to get hammered, you can make decent money if you don't mind being a slave to the company, the people you work with are cool.

Cons

50+ hour work weeks, washing cars in suits, under staffed, it's gogogo the minute you walk thru the door until you clock out, customers are the worst people I've ever dealt with, it's 100% a sales job even though they say there's more to that. If you want to advance, you need to be a top seller. People say/do anything to get a deal.

I ended up leaving not because of the cons but because of upper management. I voiced several concerns about an unethical employee who was wasting company time and money and their solution was to move me to a different branch so I wouldn't have to work alongside him.

Appreciation

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

the company's core values are very rewarding and are something that people would want to get behind and back up, it is very rewarding to help people and feeling satisfied for the good work that you do.

Cons

The work environment is friendly and comfortable, they just do not appreciate their employees, the company never gives raises but makes plenty of money and could afford to appreciate the hard work of their employees.

Appreciate all the employees not just the ones who are getting the sales. This is suppose to be a team effort not just a single reward everyone should get the benefits of the rewards.

Overwhelming

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

You are provided with the opportunity to learn how to run a fast paced business. The best aspect of this company are the people that you work with who are usually laid back and are fun to work with.

Cons

This job is very stressful. You will have to deal with the general public which is always frustrating. The week is full of 11hr days.

Slave job

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

You work with some great people. Some are there to help you grow. You get to learn a lot about the real world, and what its really life.

Cons

The higher ups treat you like a slave, they do not care about you at all. I have been verbally abused at work by customers, higher up, and even co-workers. You work pretty much everyday from 7am to 6pm, you wash cars in suits, no matter what. It can be hot, cold, raining, etc, you are still washing cars in suits. You will take cars to oil changes, drop them off to places, and etc. You will be running around all day, no matter what the weather is like outside. Most of the higher ups don't care about you, all they care about is sales. They never get you time off for anything, you simply are a slave to them. They do not see you as a human being anymore, just another number.

Please treat people like human beings, why is this so hard for you? Do you really want to make money off the suffering of your employees? Is that how you want to go down in history when its all said and done? Cut the hours and raise the pay. You are making people choice between work and their families, people should be given time to see their families and loved ones. Raise the pay, for all the stuff we do, the pay is not enough.

Low pay, long hours, no work-life balance, pressure to sell their protection products, STAY AWAY IF YOU CAN

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you can't find anything else, it is a secure job right out of college or if you got laid-off from another position. You will learn how to run a retail operation (which believe me, is not hard) and most importantly how to deal with -often angry- customers. Looks good on resume (I have been told). Nice co-workers who are usually young and dynamic.

Cons

You work from 7:30 in the AM to 8 PM. You might not get a lunch break. You will get days off depending on activity (often no week ends), and no 2 days in a row. You are paid $13/hour, regardless of previous experience and college degree, which in today's economy does not get you far (about $2500 usd a month for 55-60 hours a week). When promoted to Assistant Manager you work longer hours and in some situations can make less money than a Management Trainee (you no longer work by the hour). When you get to Branch Manager -at least 2 years- you FINALLY make more money (between 50 and 80k) but you will work up to 70-80 hours a week, which is ridiculous. You work with nice people, but often not the smartest bunch (meat heads), because all the smart people got real jobs. Management say one thing but do another (customer satisfaction, taking good care of employees, etc..). Incredibly sales driven, you are under constant pressure to sell over priced and often useless insurance. Lots -LOTS- of borderline shady practices (at least in the South Florida group). Morale among Management Trainees is, in my area, pretty low. Washing cars in the sun 100 degrees+ while wearing a suit, driving around town picking up cars and customers (did you really spend all that college money for this??), answering phones, answering phones, answering phones. Again, STAY AWAY, you have been warned.

Revamp this Management Trainee program. Employees are overworked and underpaid.
    Do what you say. Mean what you say. Don't think all employees will drink the cool-aid and smile.

Poor Management, lack people skills and SOP's

Former Employee - Driver  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Driver in Memphis, TN

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for less than a year

Pros

Part-time work available if wanting to supplement income. Maybe flexible with work hours and days. Excellent part time work for students or second part time job.

Cons

Management inability to communicate with hourly employees. Many lack people skills and vey unorganized. The company does not any SOP's set in place that will improve day to day operations and customer service. However, if only want to supplement your income it's bearable.

Average growth

Regardless of your level of compensation you will be overworked.

Current Employee - Car Prep (Service Agent)  in  Pinecrest, FL
    Current Employee - Car Prep (Service Agent) in Pinecrest, FL

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for less than a year

Pros

Unfortunately, the nature of the Car Prep position does not allow for any pros.

Cons

Washing a large number of vehicles in extreme temperatures.
    Managers were not concerned with hydration of employees in trying conditions.
    Front desk employees were not kind.
    After I was liad off, the front desk employees were required to wash cars - in business casual clothing - until they found a replacement.

A little compassion goes a long way.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!