Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Employer Engaged

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It will look good on your resume because of the training they provide.

Cons

-There are so many politics within the company. They tell you that "it's easy to move up", but you really only move up if you have managers and people that care about you, otherwise, you're on your own.
    -The hours are terrible, I felt like I didn't have a life and the pay wasn't even comparable. Most days I was lucky to get a lunch at 3:00pm. Sometimes getting lunch is even frowned upon.
    - Many times I felt very unsafe because of the clientele we served. The automotive industry is a shady business. It was an often occurrence that we had to go an repossess a car at 7:30pm at night in the ghetto.
    - You are just a number to them, they do not care about your well being or you as a person.
    - They say that they "take care of their employees and customers first, then growth and profit will follow"- they are only concerned with how much money they are making and what is on paper.

Change the hours or have employees work in shifts. Make sure you know what's going on in your branches, don't just look at the numbers.

Really hard to work here, when you have morals.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Opportunity to get promoted quickly
    - Company events
    - Paid internships
    - Training
    - No business background required

Cons

- Questionable Ethics: To say this is one of the worst places to work would be an understatement. I started as an intern and worked my way up. I quickly became a management assistant, than an assistant manager. Once I was part of the management team, I started to see things that questioned everything I believed in. My area manager was taking money from body shops under the table. My area manager was also giving his friends' free rentals and writing it off, thus affecting my bottom line and my profit. I thought the correct thing to do would be to bring it to the attention of HR. Unfortunately doing so got me reprimanded. The HR team told me "this is part of the process, and sometimes area managers do things that aren't ethical for the sake of the business".
    - Long Hours:60-70 work weeks for poor pay. Managers get a base salary and therefore end up working 7 days a week for very little pay. If you do the math, you can work for less than minimum wage per hour.
    - Promotions are quick at first but slow down once you reach the manager level.
    - Customer service takes a whole different meaning at Enterprise. Customers who are rude were treated with the most respect. Customers who were nice were taken advantage of. It was part of Enterprises Culture to take advantage of the sweet old people and scare them into taking all the protection products, which they cannot afford. Anyone who didn't speak English as a first language was also considered an ideal customer, because again you could advantage of them.
    - Break the law constantly - In NYS there is a law called 396-Z, which explicitly says that you must sell all additional products individually, unfortunately as part of the wonderful training you are told to package products together (basic and full coverage). Using the terms basic and full is actually against the law.

- Practice what you preach. Don't have an ethics policy that you wont follow.

stay to long and youre gone

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

after 5 years you can make some money

Cons

soon as you start to make some real money you are gone

keep doing what youre doing its making you super rich

Glorified mini can driver and cleaner

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

You get to drive new cars.

Cons

Poor training, under qualified managers, no morals, long hours, you work weekends too.

Spend more time training staff and less on candy crush saga's.

Terrible sexist and racist company!

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a job, better than being unemployed I guess. Nothing good to say

Cons

Everything. Upper management doesn't care about you. You have to suck up and be in the in crowd. Talent doesn't matter in this company. Assistant managers are the worst, they are all on a power trip.

Care about your employees. Try listening to them instead of sweeping things under the rug.

What a joke

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Toledo, OH

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Get to wear a suit to work and wash cars in and come in early Monday and stay late on Friday

Cons

Only growth is waiting for someone to get fired so you can promote to their spot. Also many times your own area manager won't promote you in your own area so they don't have to also replace you, this means you are moving all around the state. Work home balance is not good you are expected to be there and do everything and you get very little support from upper mngrs unless you are doing well in your branch so they can say "hey look at me and my branch here"

Don't just look for how to move yourself up by screwing everyone below you! Don't wait until you are a GRM to start looking more long term with making area good!

Training for CAP TEAM please READ

Former Employee - CAP TEAM
    Former Employee - CAP TEAM

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Working from Home, training materials were very organized

Cons

Did not get the change to working because they fired 1/2 training class on last day of training and HELD up 1/2 paycheck because had their phone equipment. I ask several times the day fired for address so I can FED EX overnight to them and they delayed and still haven't given me the address so that I won't be able to get my FULL final paycheck..oh yeah and NO ONE had been working for the company on the TEAM more than 8 months.... Food for thought....

Why hire 42 people to train, if you only 2

I hate working for Enterprise

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Discount on rental cars
    built in ot

Cons

everything.. poor training, customers are rude and all everyone cares about is sales. if your sales aren't good they don't care about you.

Give the commission to people that are actually doing the work

Not the graduate scheme it makes out to be

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Drive some nice cars, work with people your own age and with a similar outlook

Cons

LONG hours, 50 is a minimum, reality is 60 to 70. Break that down on your salary of 17,500 and you'd be better off in a call centre. Questionable sales ethics. If you can't sell you WONT be promoted, yet there is more to management than sales. Typical day is washing, driving and selling expensive insurance. Little management to be done or learn.

There is more to management than sales. Better pay/less hours would also help your terrible retention rates.

One of the Worst companies I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Branch Management Trainee in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Branch Management Trainee in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Getting discounts on rental vehicles.

Cons

-working 50 hours a week
    -working outside daily in the heat, cold, rain in a suit and heels (ladies!)
    -using your personal phone for calling customers and using it as navigation, without being reimbursed by the company for personal costs
    -washing cars, inside and out, regardless of weather conditions while wearing business suits.
    -pushing 'insurance like' products to customers; required to push the products until the customers either gave in or said 'no' at least four times.
    -the company has an almost 40% turn over rate
    -the company does as much as possible to avoid paying Unemployment Compensation to fired employees- this was said by the Area Mgr to the staff at the location I worked at.
    -In my area, promotion possibilities were talked about quite a bit, however no one was ever promoted while I was there.
    -Enterprise only hires college graduates, the job does not require a college degree.

Care more about your employees; provide more help to employees who need help with sales, etc.
    A college degree is not needed for this job, the pay and quality of job (even if receiving promotions) is very low and anyone can do this.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos