Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
2,842 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights

Assistant Branch Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager

Pros

Amazing learning experience. I have had much success obtaining other sales jobs because of my ERAC training.

Cons

Be prepared for long hours

Keep looking. You're better than this.

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

You'll leave with plenty of stories, which good because you outside life is nonexistent.

Cons

When I left my pay jumped by $11K/year. I knew that I was being underpaid, but I didn't realize how badly. There was a deeply dishonest culture at every branch I went to, not only between each other, but even worse with the customers. The many times that con artists walk into the branch will make you distrustful of average people. Every bad story of customer service you hear about the company will sound at once outlandish and absolutely credible. If you work here, I can almost guarantee that you will be yelled at for the casual oversight of some other employee, usually one who makes more money and doesn't deal with customers.

After 4 hours straight of washing cars wearing a tie, you will have a hard time telling your family that you bachelors degree, which Enterprise demands of its management trainees, was worth all of the expense and hard work.

You'll be amazed how many customers will come in and act like they're above you. They won't believe, at first, that you have a college degree and just cleaned trash out of a car. You'll die a little but in that moment.

Reduce the bureaucracy that insulates you from anyone who deals with customers. You will have unrealistic ideas of their job demands, performance and morale otherwise.

Green Machine

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager  in  Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Dayton, OH

Pros

If you make it to a Branch Manager level, you are extremely sought out by other employers. A lot of them know how brutal the MT program and promotion structure is at ERAC . Plus, you will make great friends because you are ALWAYS at work ...

Cons

No work/life balance at all. It's one of the biggest reasons I (and many others ) left the Green Machine. Pay is also very low for what you have to put up with on a daily basis. Customers will lie, cheat , steal religiously and everything is your fault....

Staff the damn offices and you won't lose so many quality managers. Up the commission structure and help your managers make some better money

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to start a career.

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager

Pros

Enterprise people are fantastic. Even though it is a huge company, there is a family feel. Salary is excellent at the entry level and growth comes quickly. Not to mention the great training program.

Cons

The hours are long and you will work hard. The hours make it a tough place for single parents to work. It is also a high stress environment.

ERACE Manager

Pros

Good experience on resume and right out of college

Cons

Everything else....you work hard for very little pay for a long duration of time. Promises are made that are never really fully met on a consistent basis. All in all this is great right out of college and can give your resume a great boost if you perform well and work there for at least 3 years and as a branch manager for part of that time...otherwise it can be more trouble than it's worth.

to much to critique....

Lots of Learning Experiences

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Hampton, VA

Pros

Learn to management time wisely, Opportunity to run your own business, Work days go by quickly most of the time, Fun atmosphere to work in, Lots of communication

Cons

Management will ask you to do something then question why you did it, Employee and customer solutions are often Relative to the day of the week, Not much of a work-life balance, Difficult to get time off

We understand that there is a bottom line that is of great importance. However, do not sacrifice customer and employee satisfaction in the name of a bottom line.

Part Time Service Agent

Pros

If you can stand to clean cars all day its not a bad part-time job. Had a great schedule, plus a nice discount on renting cars. Your not detailing cars so its not as bad as it sounds.

Cons

Its the type of work that gets old after a while. Sometimes a nagging co-worker in the garage can be difficult to handle as you will spend a lot of time working with one or two other people in a small area.

Management was always good to me. They were respectable, and friendly always. Only advice would be to pay a little more to keep quality workers.

Bad Hours and Undignified Working Conditions

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Really cool people, fun culture inside branch at times

Cons

Horrible training process, contradictory advice from management, unethical business practices, unappreciative clientele, brutal hours

Working at least 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. everyday is miserable. My branch was incredibly understaffed, and I watched our customer service score take a huge hit because of this. Hire more people so the hours are more flexible. By the end of the summer, the morale at the branch seemed to be at an all-time low. Two hours at home is simply not enough.

Extremely long hours and stressful work.

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Pros

Great experience in customer service, logistics management and sales. All of the above a are required and tested when working for enterprise.

Cons

Very long hours will be required to work 50+ hours a week. Salary increases are not great until a few rungs up the ladder. Also will be required to move branch every 6 months so don't get too settled.

Increase salary options and better overtime pay conditions. Also ensuring infrastructure is in place as this has led to struggles at the branch I'm currently working at.

Long Hours... No Break..

Pros

Great opportunity to learn how to manage a company.

Cons

Too many hoops you have jump through to get ahead.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!