Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
3,239 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 249 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 176 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 525 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 923 reviews)

More Highlights

Intern

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Good Pay, Nice People, Fun

Cons

Long Hours but you get overtime

Your hard work is rewarded personally, professionally, and financially at Enterprise - great long term career!

Current Employee - Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You learn every aspect of running a business in a hands on environment. Your opinion is valued, and you hold the keys to your success. The performance based structure is presented up front, so you know exactly what you need to do to get promoted. It is an extremely fast paced work environment - no day is ever the same, which I love. You are constantly challenged. You work with a fun group of employees - people who want to work in a competitive environment where you are recognized for your hard work. Management has an open door policy - and they truly listen to you and want for you to succeed.

Cons

You have to wash a car every now and then. They have car preps, but it gets so busy that the preps get behind. With the all hands on deck environment, you pitch in and help.

Keep up the great work. Continue to listen to your employees - some of the best ideas come from them!

Wonderful

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay was okay starting out. It was better when I got moved to assistant manager. Was capped out on commission so just had to increase fleet, sales, and flip (pulling cars for deletion).
    Benefits are great- discounts on rentals, medical, dental, vision, life etc, bonuses for employee referrals, and other seasonal incentive programs.
    Coworkers- by far this is the greatest part of this career. My coworkers were amazing. The former area manager was only there two weeks then was replaced by the best manager I have ever had. Had several branch managers, most were okay. Admin team was great. Had a very goal driven RVP who you could personally call at anytime for advice. My favorite part was that everyone who was at Admin office, came through rental and could talk about it like it was yesterday. They were very real and upfront with you on everything, including washing cars in a suit.

Cons

Hated working at Geico ARX shop for the four months I was there. There is a difference in washing a car and making a brand new one appear out of thin air. Geico people aren't paid enough and you can tell. The guy at geico that could literally tell my area manager how high to jump probably didn't make half of his salary.
    Esqi is a joke. You would literally have to offer one of your ceiling tiles to make a customers happy. You might as well start saying, how much of this rental would you like me to take off to make you appear completely satisfied???
    If you screw up or think you have screwed up, write the whole story down because the ethics committee will blindside you three weeks after the fact and ask you every detail of that transaction at 8AM. And if you don't remember a certain detail, you just lied to them and you're fired.

Overall enterprise was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time there. Keep doing what you're doing.

Management Trainee Internship

Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I would highly recommend this internship as a great place to start your career;
    Provides great experience in management, marketing, sales, and customer service
    Training and Co-workers extremely helpful and interested in your personal growth
    Mostly young, outgoing co-workers who are all very friendly
    Family/Employee discounts
    Work flew by because you were always busy and on your feet
    Opportunity for quick advancement

Cons

Work life balance
    Pressure to sell company's protection products
    Could be very long hours and may have to work weekends
    Washing more cars than you thought you would have to

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Area Car Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Area Car Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Enterprise is a great company to work for! you really learn a lot and how to run a business. It's hard work, but very rewarding if you're willing to put in the effort! You build some great relationships and learn great sales skills!

Cons

Work/life balance can be challanging at times, however, it's all about how you run your business and train your employees. If you manage your time and develop your people, your life is much easier! People that can't do that, have more stress for sure.

keep hiring good people. Staffing is always a challange.

Amazing customer-focused culture!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They train you on everything you need to know, and everybody is willing to pitch in and help if you are falling behind. They have amazing health, dental, vision, 401k (plus 3% match), and they work to find ways for employees to move around in the company if the current position isn't working out. I didn't appreciate their 'core values' (our doors are always open, treat the customers and employees with respect, we strengthen our community) until I went to my next position, which apparently has no values.

Cons

Long hours. You will be yelled at (and probably threatened) by customers who are upset about the cost when they return the car, even if the price is exactly what they reserved.

can be a great standalone career or stepping stone.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

The money to experience is pretty good. If you don't have many skills but can sell and be honest it is a good fit.

Cons

The hours are not the greatest. Better however than other sales jobs. You may have tough months where you don't make much money.

Take more time to train your employees.

Great experience, great people, great workplace environment.

Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Training is excellent, strong office culture, decent benefits even as an intern. Seems relatively easy to get promoted. You are able to get very involved in the company, unlike a stereotypical internship. Overall a fun place to work.

Cons

Long hours, work some weekends, work/life balance is tough (7am-6pm). Have to deal with some tough/picky customers on a daily basis. Having to clean cars when it gets busy during the summer in your shirt and tie.

Work hard play hard.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great professional and friendly work environment.

Cons

Males have to be clean shaven.

Employees should be allowed to be neatly shaven.

Enterprise has been a great learning experience for me. I have gained a tremendous amount of experience and growth.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Enterprise has great health insurance and programs designed to further your career within the company.

Cons

If you are not a competitive person aspiring to grow and succeed, enterprise is not the place for you.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos