Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
2,901 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights

Really bad..dont even try to apply,they wont hire you..is part of the system,hr has to justify that they doing something

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

No pros...the hiring process is a joke..phones interviews are stupid.and they will waste your time.

Cons

Almost everything is s joke...dont waste your time,they only want interns or low pay employees.

Be real and finally hire good people

No Growth Outside of Sales

Former Employee - MT Enterprise  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - MT Enterprise in Chicago, IL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee Relationships
    Paid Time Off
    Benefits
    discount on rentals
    you get to look nice in a suit

Cons

Work you like a slave
    no work life balance
    sweat your butt off in a suit and tie
    low pay
    no advancement outside of sales
    Internal interviews are a joke, they just go by who they think is cool not your experience or accomplishments

pay your "slaves" better
    Schedule better
    Send help and employees instead of letting an office drown

Not to bad except for the fact that the management team sucks

Former Employee - Car Prep  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Car Prep in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The only upside was being able to be outside most of the time and enjoy the weather except for the rain and cold

Cons

Very poorly managed. It is a dead end job unless you have a college degree. If you don't have one you're not going anywhere in the company. They claim to be the top rental car company and make all kinds of money but yet they don't appreciate the one's that help them make all that money and DO NOT give pay raises

Take better care of your employees and actually treat them like somebody. Give them the proper tools to do the job and maintain your equipment better. Oh yeah, and why pay a mechanic almost 20$ an hour when you send all of the cars to the dealership for repairs? A waste of good money if you ask me

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun company, terrible working conditions that catch you off guard!

Former Employee - Management Assistant  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are fun. The company itself stands for something good (family owned, employee advancement, benefits)

Cons

When they scout you, they promise a LOT. It's a major shock when you start and they tell you your pay rate and what your duties actually are. I didn't want to be one of those entitled post-university grads who think they are too good for the job. So I stuck with it until I couldn't take it anymore, often in tears on my way home for the mess I got myself in and not having the nerve to quit. Here are some highlights from the lowest point in my career-life:

- Hours are incredibly long (7:30am - 6:00pm M-F and every other Saturday). You always start early and always leave late.
    - Pay is so low that when they offer 'Flex Time' to come in late or leave early you actually don't want to because your paycheque will be even worse
    - We have to wash cars in SUITS! Summer, winter, whatever. Salt-stained pants and shoes, forcing you to spend your hard-earned $$$ on more suits. If your branch is too small to have a car prep person, then you bet your bottom you'll be out there cleaning them yourself, sweating, freezing (in the winter) and then you are supposed to come back inside with a smile and shake a customer's hand
    - The push for branch profitability meant we were always understaffed which makes the job even worse. Imagine coming in at 7:30am on a Monday with 25 reservations and ZERO cars to offer. The feeling of stress made my heart palpitate ... very unhealthy feeling and totally not worth it. I would honestly rather a job at Wal Mart!

New hires should make a LOT more money. $1-$2 over minimum wage will NOT help us pay down the university debt (especially when a degree/diploma is required to get the job).

no comment

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

great experience to gain to go forth with

Cons

at some point you hit a wall

Too many hours not enough cash

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most people in the company have a pretty positive attitude and like to see others do well. It was a great learning experience. Good training program. Cheap benefits.

Cons

Salary is lacking. Way too many hours. You're on a strict sales quota. You have to wash cars - in suits. Men must wear white shirts - everyday. 3/4 shirts always for women - even in the summer - while washing cars. -______- They say you only have to work one weekend a month - you'll work 2-3. constantly, constantly understaffed. All the upper level managers brag about their big paychecks and only care about the numbers. you have to drive weirdos home and be in a car two feet away from people who say things like, "you're a pretty black girl" or have creeps say things like, "i'll give you 100 bucks to wash my car in a bikini" when you're out in the hot sun scrubbing cars in your suit.

Pay attention to your higher level management. The numbers are fixed.

Management assistant

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Hot girls... Drinking after work encouraged. Half price rentals. Good place for very dumb people with low standards.

Cons

Long hours. Exhausting physically and mentally. Customers are annoying and management is very stupid.

Put some effort into core values. A lot of things, like values are there for looks. Same with "mentorship," it doesnt exist so stop bragging. Raise the prices and have competitive pay. I made more in high school.

Good when you are graduating from college

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  South Holland, IL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in South Holland, IL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with some great people discount is great if u sell good you get to attend excellence outings

Cons

Washing cars long hours no work life balance and watch what you do

Everyone's in a clique you have to watch out for yourself and management is just greedy and worried about you making them there check

MT

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Large company to move around

Cons

50 hours a week for $35,000 a year that is = to about $9 per hour. To many interviews for that pay. If the pay was 60 + I can see it. They make it a salary base job so they do not have to pay over time. That make it sound like if going move up fast if you work and anything they ask you to. Ps their is sales in the business. They make seem that is all customer service but it not on the second interview you have to be a sales person not a customer service. You can see it in they face that they are trying to brain wash you to believe that they are job growth.

Great good for recent college grads. If you have any other commitments; forget it!

Former Employee - Management Trainee
    Former Employee - Management Trainee

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

Get to meet some great people. Drive a lot of new cars that you wouldn't be able to do anywhere else. Pay is okay if you live at home and don't have any major bills. You can progress with company quickly if you want to be completely dedicated to renting cars for the rest of your life.

Cons

Long hours. Expect anywhere between 50-70 hours a week. Time off is hard to get because there is always a shortage of staff. Pay is inadequate for the amount time and energy they expect you to put in. You cannot go anywhere with the company without sales. If you are not a good seller, you will not do well. Upper management is tight circle, breaking into is a challenging task.

Give more time off and be more considerate of the employees who put in a lot of time just to rent cars. They need to understand that we have lives too. However, if you are young and just want to work really hard, this could be a good job for you.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!