Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
3,246 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 249 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 176 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 525 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 923 reviews)

More Highlights

Long Hours, Working with a wide range of people, high pressure sales goals, on your feet, repetitive

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

The people you work with are generally professional, career driven, and fun. As long as you perform on a acceptable level you will have job security. There are opportunities to advance in the management role or other departments. Health benefits and 401K was solid.

Cons

Long hours doing extremely repetitive work. A lot depends on your upper management, and how much they choose to help "promote" you. Some politics involved in the promotions. Starting pay isn't great, as you advance you will generally work more hours not less.

Great atmosphere, friendly co-workers

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome working atmosphere, decent pay, and attainable career adavancement

Cons

sales/customer service oriented, if you don't sell well you won't be promoted. Work is not very meaningful

Management does a great job, however I would recommend opening more diverse positions for entry level candidates

Great for recent grad

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learn all aspects of running your own business, great customer service skills, and multi-tasking. Employers LOVE to see on resume. Stay at least two years, work hard and can be better than grad school. Get to work with hard working recent grads.

Cons

LONG HOURS!
    Challenging work live balance
    Low pay-take advantage of all sales contests for extra money, free lunches/dinner, and gift cards
    Customer Service is very important to the company. They have a "yes" mentality even to the rudest customers

Support staff better. The "say yes" mentality often throws other employees under the bus

Enterprise is a great resume builder. But you'll work and work and work for it.

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Enterprise was a great resume builder. It taught me how to run my own business.

Cons

Crazy hours. Minimum pay. High expectations. Washing cars in 20 below temperatures.

Sales oriented job. Long hours.

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great training and people. They really know how to support you and are willing to give you days off if needed. Lots of corporate exposure for new trainees. Lots of cross training in every department.

Cons

Very long hours which resulted in lack of work life balance. People tend to burn out very quickly. Lack of mentorship programs for struggling trainees.

Pay attention to your new trainees. Keep them motivated. Once they lose it, it's very difficult for them to recover and they will leave.

Good for resume, but not a great working experience overall

Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern
    Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Fun/enjoyable co-workers, widely respected company, quality customer service/sales experience

Cons

Poor training, really long hours, questionable ethics within branches, overemphasis on sales

Understand that placing a huge value on customer service as well as pushing sales growth within each branch causes a lot of conflicting tension. Yes, people will continue to stay loyal to Enterprise if quality customer service is consistent. They will not, however, continue to use Enterprise if employees are consistently pushing them to try to get them into bigger vehicles, to buy useless protection products, and to pay out of pocket despite their insurance policy's coverage. Figure out which one you prefer because I found the two values to be quite conflicting. And please stop using the "book don't look" mentality. Over twenty times in my internship I had to call people who had reservations for at least a week in advance and tell them we had no vehicle because of poor fleet management.

This job takes over your life...

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Intensive and effective training program
    -Most employees are very fun and usually genuinely nice
    -Potential to move up very fast if you work hard enough
    -Great discount on rentals
    -Happy hours and fun events

Cons

-Very demanding: long hours and low pay, especially starting out
    -Again, alot of hours, working weekends and holidays (especially at airport location)
    -They'll make you work at the airport for at least 4 months, even if you don't want to
    -Airport locations are the best money but you work weekends and holidays
    -Management can be really good or really bad. Some superiors actually care about you, some don't
    -Constantly being asked to come in early, stay late or work through your lunch break
    -Spend half your work day outside, even during Chicago winter...

Brutal

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Get to work with some cool people, and drive nice cars

Cons

- Long hours, not great pay
    - Only allowed to use you "Choice Time" when managment lets you because they like to understaff

Give your employees more incentive to stay. Happy hours, and area outings aren't enough to keep employee morale up.

Just another driver

Former Employee - Driver in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Austin, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of freedom
    Pretty flexible

Cons

Low wages
    Very few hours
    No room for advancement
    Disorganized management

Rather than bumping heads, communicate with each other to make it less stressful on yourselves.

low pay for service agents. (aka car cleaners/washers)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

pros? it's a pay check. but $8.50 hour is low pay. we wash and clean cars, drive customers around, drive cars around, drive employees around... all for $8.50/hour? should pay at least $9.75-10/hour. someone needs to adjust our salaries... its too low. soon as I find something that pays more, I'm outta here.

Cons

1. poor equipment for cleaning vehicles.
    2. Ive seen employees lie to customers at least once. this is bad business. Mostly young people here. 30 years old or younger. they cut corners and they lie. not all of them but some do.
    3. 10 1/2 hour days suck.
    4. we have no easy accurate way to put air in tires. buy some better equipment that works.
    5. biweekly pay sucks, they should pay us weekly.
    6. the computer system for logging our hours is old/slow? too many steps required to log in... need to make this process easier... quicker.
    7. I was told to ignore the speed limit and speed when transporting cars from location to location. this is wrong in so many ways.
    8. limiting our hours to just 30 sucks.
    9. very fast paced. they need to tone the pace down a notch or two.
    10. people in the office keep renting cars out that have not been cleaned yet, then they rush us to get it clean because the customer is waiting. this creates stress and mistakes, and maybe accidents in the parking lot. why not tell the customer "yes you can have that car but we need to clean it first so their may be a 10 min wait". this would be so much easier and reduce the stress level.

spend some money on better equipment. and pay us at least 10 bucks/hour. and do something about certain employees that spend their entire shift on the iphone.. smoking or iphones are not a good enough reason to take 15 breaks during the day while others have to pick up the slack.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos