Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
2,922 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Opportunities at this company

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Lawton, OK
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Lawton, OK

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced, meet a repertoire of people, many changes to earn compensation outside of your hourly wage, and amazing team environment.

Cons

If you're not use to working 7 am - 5:30pm every day or longer it's probably not the job for you. Days can tend to become very long, but the good thing is that it's fast paced so it sort of equates everything out.

Management was good, I was very impressed with Top management on down to the branch and area managers. I have one of the best teams you could ask for.

Great Growth Potential

Current Employee - Liability Claims Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Liability Claims Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, 401K, competitive salary, growth potential

Cons

sticklers for the rules. Do not be late regardless of fault. You will loose your job. This is literally the only negative thing I can think of.

Keep up with the development meetings.

Great Career

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Unlimited Career Growth
    Great People
    Strong Corporate Structure
    Stability

Cons

Pay is not the greatest to get started but $38K as a trainee is not bad. As you develop your career and skills compensation gets much better

Have to work hard to have success. Not really a con, just a fact. If it was supposed to be easy it would be called play, not work

Keep the fun alive

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worth the effort!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Clifton Park, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Growing, growing and more growing! Unbelievable expansion into the Global Markets this past year.
    Stable, privately held company so there are no stakeholders to answer to. Gives us more stability in the industry and a definite competitive advantage.
    Stick to their founding values and business philosophy when it comes to customers and employees.

Cons

More opportunies the more flexible you are in commuting or relocating because of the constant strive for promotions.
    There is always a higher performance level to be reached which could keep you motivated or demotivate depending on your outlook.

Great people and lots to learn!

Current Employee - Staff Accountant  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

Accounting is here to assist branches, admin office and upper management...at an moment there are new tasks to be learned and old ones to be mastered, never a dull moment and great people to work with!

Cons

Not enough time to finish work - occasionally, sometimes you feel you need more training and mgmt wants you to learn by doing...other than that all is good here at EHI!

I like my managers and how they handle their teams - great job!

Enterprise will always do what's right!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great sales/service environment! Excellent pay for high performers! No pressure to manage you can be a career salesperson and make $100k+

Cons

Retail hours means you it's be available when customers are available. This makes for late nights!

Working here is great. The people are amazing and its crazy to see how everything operates.

Current Employee - Service Agent  in  Parkersburg, WV
    Current Employee - Service Agent in Parkersburg, WV

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for less than a year

Pros

its like training 24/7 and you don't even realize it. The bosses are always explaining things that are going on. The flow is perfect.

Cons

not enough hours, winter can be slow, really nothing else bad about it, some places don't have heat in winter so can be cold but bearable

You'll work like a dog, but it'll pay off

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training, large network of very personable people to share ideas with, time goes by quickly because you are so busy, never a dull moment. What I liked best was that you are responsible for a little bit of everything: sales, customer service, accounts receivable, risk management, training, management, etc... I met some great lifelong friends and had a lot of experiences that I'll never forget. Employers love to see ERAC on your resume (But don't say that when you interview with ERAC! Tell them you're here to build your resume and you will not get hired)

Cons

Long hours, you will learn to absolutely dread Monday mornings-especially when you're at a large branch. Issues with understaffing. Customers-specifically the ones that are picking up a replacement vehicle because their car is in the shop- can be nasty sometimes. My advice is to be empathetic and helpful...in my experience customers often came back and apologized to me for being so awful, so it pays to be the better person and take care of the customer.

I'm not telling them anything they don't already know. Quality of life. Quality. Of. Life. It's not as bad when you're a management trainee or even an assistant manager, but once you become a branch manager, it starts to wear on you. Management knows it, but they aren't going to change anything. Tough it out, then either take an internal corp position or pursue jobs outside of ERAC. You won't have trouble finding a great job with ERAC on your resume--provided you make it to a branch manager and you are there for at least 2 years.

Great experience

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern

Pros

Great learning experience.
    If you apply yourself, you really do learn all aspects of running a business. I've been interning at Enterprise for about a year now, and the experience and the skills I have acquired look great on the resume.

Cons

Low pay. Long hours. Have to wash cars in suits.

Offering commission to entry level management trainee positions would increase sales and productivity. Underpaid branch managers tend to pressure their employees to sell, which does not yield great results. Sales will increase by setting a competitive atmosphere between decently paid employees. Overall though, I am very thankful for the opportunity to learn. The learning experience makes up for the low pay.

Great opportunity

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Fun people to work with. Perform and you will have opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Long hours and still not enough time to get everything done.

Keep bringing on good people.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!