Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
2,837 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights

INTERN

Pros

Great learning experience. Good Opportunity to do well and go up 'chain' Co-workers are typically what keep you going. good place to learn how to do well in customer service and sales.

Cons

not an 8am-6pm job. work hard for not much $ BUT- the pay off is the skills you learn.

Management Trainee Intern

Pros

learning things that go hand in hand with my education

Cons

cannot work as much as I would like since I am an intern

hard work pays off

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

If your willing to put in the time and effort you can move very quickly within the company. Group 47 in Utah, and Idaho is growing very rapidly which has opened a ton of opportunity for advancement. Everyone I have worked with has been awesome. Work is fast past and can be a ton of fun.

Cons

The hours are long, especially as an MT. The job can get stressful but with hard work and organization you can overcome these things

Keep growing and continue to find new ways to motivate and develop employees in order to create great career minded employees that will promote quickly

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incredible experience

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

Learn the day to day operations of running your own business. Move up the company profile quickly by making a name for yourself. Work hard and get rewarded.

Cons

Stressful job. Chasing renters that are behind on payments is a nightmare.

n/a

Promoted based on performance!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

I work with a awesome people. Upper management challenges me to develop myself and to run a business. After only six months I was promoted to assistant manager and after a year I hope to be running my own branch!

Cons

The hours are long but no more than 50 a week. People complain that it is hard work but when was anything handed to you? The pay isn't the greatest at the bottom but unless you plan to stay at the bottom it goes up very fast.

Keep promoting and opening new offices for more opportunities!

Willing to work hard? You'll reap the rewards!!

Pros

Nothing worth having is easy- I've learned that over time here at Enterprise. In my 10 years, I've learned to work smarter, not harder, and understand that dedication will take you exactly where you want to go within the organization. You will never find a company culture that matches that of Enterprise. The training, support, and opportunities cannot be matched. I love my job and will retire with Enterprise.

Cons

Entry level positions are typically challenging and the Management Trainee program is no different. While you are being trained on running a business, you are physically renting cars to start out. For someone not willing to put the brief 6m-1yr as an entry level employee, the position will be challenging. Long term, the experience early on sets you up to be a better manager.

Continue to focus on training and development of the team!

Fantastic company with all the promotional opportunities given only to existing employees!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Pros

Great management and leadership who all started out as Management Trainees in our management program so they all understand the challenges of all levels of employees and are not disconnected from the business like at other companies. Amazing opportunities to get rapid promotions, training, and job growth in a short period of time.

Cons

It is definitely hard work and being performance based, you learn fairly quickly what it takes to be successful

Rewarding with endless opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Clifton Park, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Pros

Enterprise rewards your hard work with promotions, events and recognition. If you are willing to put in the time and dedicate yourself to be a true business owner you will be successful. This company has a great culture of sales and service that allows those who are determined to succeed.

Cons

Enterprise is so good with customer service and creating relationships that grow their business that they sometimes run out of cars. This goes to show that the demand for their service and product is of the highest level.

Though you may not always have the best relationship with your direct manager, use their networking events and regional meetings to seek mentorship outside of your direct management. This company has a lot of great managers who care about their people as much as their success.

Amazing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Pros

This is the place where if you work hard they really do reward your hard work. It provides stability and an amazing work environment that is positive and competitive. They really do want the best for their employees and customers.

Cons

Performance goals are set high just like in any sales job. You do have to perform in order to get promotions and be successful. Sometimes customers can really take their frustrations out on you even when you are doing all you can to help.

Continue to give positive reinforcement and reward employees. When you do a contest for employees, make sure whatever you promised them, you deliver in a timely manner.

Fast paced, Always on your feet decision making

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

Pros

You manage yourself and have the opportunity to learn anything and everything at your own pace.

Cons

Bottlenecks at the Branch Manager level.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!