Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

Updated March 30, 2015
3621 reviews filtered by

1. I hate working for Enterprise

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Discount on rental cars
    built in ot

Cons

everything.. poor training, customers are rude and all everyone cares about is sales. if your sales aren't good they don't care about you.

Give the commission to people that are actually doing the work

2. Not the graduate scheme it makes out to be

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Drive some nice cars, work with people your own age and with a similar outlook

Cons

LONG hours, 50 is a minimum, reality is 60 to 70. Break that down on your salary of 17,500 and you'd be better off in a call centre. Questionable sales ethics. If you can't sell you WONT be promoted, yet there is more to management than sales. Typical day is washing, driving and selling expensive insurance. Little management to be done or learn.

There is more to management than sales. Better pay/less hours would also help your terrible retention rates.

One of the Worst companies I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Branch Management Trainee in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Branch Management Trainee in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Getting discounts on rental vehicles.

Cons

-working 50 hours a week
    -working outside daily in the heat, cold, rain in a suit and heels (ladies!)
    -using your personal phone for calling customers and using it as navigation, without being reimbursed by the company for personal costs
    -washing cars, inside and out, regardless of weather conditions while wearing business suits.
    -pushing 'insurance like' products to customers; required to push the products until the customers either gave in or said 'no' at least four times.
    -the company has an almost 40% turn over rate
    -the company does as much as possible to avoid paying Unemployment Compensation to fired employees- this was said by the Area Mgr to the staff at the location I worked at.
    -In my area, promotion possibilities were talked about quite a bit, however no one was ever promoted while I was there.
    -Enterprise only hires college graduates, the job does not require a college degree.

Care more about your employees; provide more help to employees who need help with sales, etc.
    A college degree is not needed for this job, the pay and quality of job (even if receiving promotions) is very low and anyone can do this.

5. A good resume addition

Former Employee - Management Trainee

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Your peers, the happy hours. Learning back office and business management principles.

Cons

Working 50+ hours is the only way to make decent wages. Your selling products that are not real things. Selling rental insurance by basically scaring a customer into the 'benefits' of the coverage. The promotions are based mostly on your sales. Its not a great job for someone who has morals

6. Help Desk technician

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

there is no pros at this terrible company

Cons

everything. hired for one job and was put into the worst job and it was bad. what should take 3 minutes because of their complete stupidity each call took 20 minutes. they rent cars... jeez.

you should quit cause they are using you.

7. If you have morals and values don't work here!!!!

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than a year)

Pros

pay , networking, opportunity for fast career advancement

Cons

unethical practices, long hours, very demanding, all about sales, lying is encouraged to increase sales

Practice inside the branches what you preach during training.

8. Don't follow their own values

Former Employee - PT Service Agent in Cedar Falls, IA
    Former Employee - PT Service Agent in Cedar Falls, IA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Really enjoyed working with some of the other employees. Made some lasting friendships. It was nice driving some of the newer model cars.

Cons

Book don't look policy (posted at every service agent desk). Lying to retail customer who have reservation. Telling them that they don't have any rentals. With the same lie, "other customers haven't returned their rentals". The truth is they are saving them for corp. accounts. Moving rentals off lot so retail customers won't see them or upgrade rentals because they don't want to give a upgrade to a retail customer because they over booked. They will only treat you well as long as they need something from you. If you become a part time employee expected not to be as a valued employee you won't be included in any after work events that enterprise holds. Left ENTERPRISE after almost 2 Years,When the store manager compared veteran as being no different then the KKK,I'm a retired veteran and the store manage is on the diversity committee.

Try following the enterprise creed, "integrity, honesty, and values"

9. Management trainee

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Above minimum wage salary and had fun with other management trainees

Cons

Trainees were pressured in making sales to promote within. The assistant manager that I worked with didn't have a good teaching style, felt as if I was ignored when I asked a question, 7am to 6:30pm almost every day you worked. No outside life of work, high stressed, always tense, the work strain was very rough and not worth the money. Always worked 55 hours a week, even though they said we would only work 48 hours.

Have more flex days I the later evening, don't rearrange work schedules.

10. Management Trainee

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Good benefits on car rentals

Cons

Long hours, little pay. Company lets the customer run over the employee.

11. Run for the hills.

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None. Seriously, avoid this place like the plague. Quitting was the happiest day of my life.

Cons

You will work 60+ hours a week. There is no work-life balance and even when you request vacation time, they will deny it since they are short-staffed 100% of the time. On the off chance you get a promotion, it is a lateral move with a decrease in salary. Cleaning cars in professional attire, despite having attended college. Most customers are extremely rude. You will be dealing with the lowest echelon of society and people will be stealing your cars on a regular basis. I had to drive to pick people up in high-crime neighborhoods. They pay you nothing and act like they are doing you a favor. Trust me, college grads, hold out for a better job.

All of your values are complete and utter lies. Treat your employees like the college graduates they are and let them work less hours.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos