Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

1. Accounting Intern

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern

Pros

great people to work with, very helpful in teaching, friendly environment

Cons

pay is less for an intern in comparison to other companies, must still start at an entry level position after being an intern

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

People of similar age

Good opportunities to network ( I now actually work with someone who I delivered a car to. He worked in HR for a well known company who offers a graduate scheme with a huge company, gave me his business card and said to get in touch, interviewed me with another manager at the company and offered me a job upon graduation)

Get to drive nice cars - brand new mercs, BMWs, jaguars, corsa, astras...list goes on

Was offered a job after graduation by the area manager ( WHICH I HAPPILY REFUSED)

Cons

Long hours, I was expected to arrive at 7:30am despite not starting at 8 and wouldn't leave until around 7pm each day.

Washing and hoovering dirty cars in a nice suit everyday...why would I need a degree for that?

Managers who do not care about employee development, manager had no time to prepare me for my 'grill' which is slang for the management trainee exam you have to do to get promoted to management assistant

High turnover ( I had 2 branch managers in 12 months who both resigned, 3 out of the 5 management trainees who were on the graduate scheme all resigned while I was there and they had only been there less than a year themselves (one left after 2 months)

Rude customers...complain about everything and you are blamed for it because the 'customer is always right'

No lunch breaks.. had to eat on the go as some have already stated on here. Also you will never get 1 hour break, you will likely get 15 mins if you lucky, I was once expected to eat a McDonald's while driving because there was no time for me to finish it as a customer had to be picked up.

Sales sales sales, although I did well in this there were some who didn't and were performanced managed, this lowered morale and affected the office atmosphere. You also can't get promoted without good sales figures so if your not prepared to sale And lie for a sale don't bother applying here.

Pay is terrible

Office politics and an unprofessional environment - frequently saw staff members sworn at and branch and asistant managers having full blown arguments in the office.

AVOID this place trust me I have worked here. I'm just so glad this was only a 12 industrial placement and could leave at the end of it and not a full time graduate position even though I was technically doing the same job.

Advice to Management

Treat staff better. Reduce working hours. Allow staff to have a lunch break. Make promotions more fair. trust your staff more.

Avoid this company!

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Nothing. NO DEGREE NEEDED

Cons

Firstly, the only positive reviews you'll find of this company and their 'graduate scheme' will be FAKE and posted by management. Everyone at Enterprise is miserable, overworked, under paid, brainwashed, and treated like a complete idiot by management & the customers - no degree needed for this job.
    - Overworked 50-60 per week (30 minute lunch break if you're lucky, management claim you're entitled to an hour lunch but as branches are under staffed you would be there until 10 pm if everyone took an hour, plus managers will be straight to the lunch room to drag you out if you spend over 25 minutes in there)
    - under paid - paid peanuts to wash cars, take abuse off customers, work ridiculous hours and put up with pathetic management. Staffing levels are extremely low as branch managers take a percentage of the branch each month, they also alter your time sheets when you put over time down so it doesn't affect their bonus, therefore taking money off their staff for their own pocket
    - Washing cars in a suit. You're told to dress smart, invest in nice office wear when you'll spend the majority of your time outside in the freezing cold washing cars. Employees are responsible for all safety checks on the vehicles LOL
    - Poor working conditions - the branches are filthy, staff have to clean the branch as a company with an £18bn yearly turnover can't afford cleaners, instead they make they staff stay late to clean, that's after their 13 hour day at work! Toilets are not only gender shared but customers are also allowed to use them and they never get cleaned.
    - promotion based on sales. It doesn't matter what type of person you are, as long as you can deceive customers, trick them into buying car insurance or scare them into buying it, you're sorted. Enterprise doesn't promote employees that are good communicators or good managers that can motivate staff they just promote selling donkeys
    - Expected to pick customers up but don't provide a sat nav & expected to use your own phone to call not only the customers but the branch for their constant updates on where you are and how you're getting on
    - Employees are liable for £350 excess - working long hours in poor conditions, you might accidentally knock one of the vehicles, this means enterprise kindly takes £350 off you - they buy the tiniest garages and pack as many cars in as possible because they cut costs at every opportunity.
    Don't be fooled by the graduate scheme, if you put a shirt and tie on a monkey it could do the job.
    Enterprise is a customer service business - they go above and beyond for customers...at the cost of their employees

Advice to Management

Be honest when employing, it's not a graduate job & you definitely don't need a degree. Head office are just out for themselves, don't care what happens in the branches and turn a blind eye to all the broken regulation. Don't allow your branch managers to alter time sheets so they can increase their wages, it's poor taste and when you've worked over 50 hours you really do want to get paid for your overtime!

5. Management Assistant

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, opportunity for advancement, looks good on resume

Cons

Work life balance, for people naive to corporate tendencies

Advice to Management

Offer three day weekends or cut down hours worked daily

Management Trainee

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Get to drive flashy cars!

Cons

1. over 55+ hours
    2. not professional at all
    3. forced to do over time
    4. Lie at the training
    5. Forced to sell Excess protection to customer
    6. Loads More but i do not have enough words

Advice to Management

Only apply if you are desperate for a job.

7. Lead rental sales agen

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great pay, salary plus commission, union, uncapped commission, great people to work with as in reference to co-workers, overtime available, changing environment.

Cons

Too many rotating management, sales targets were too variable from previous month. Senority based, no more upward mobility from rental counter without degree. Management did not apply employee input.

Advice to Management

Really listen to what employees are saying, take the time to learn something about each person. Don't play favorites and help out your employees.

8. MTP

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Its not hard to move up. Especially when in larger city and market. Many stores. decent oppurtunities

Cons

Way too many hours. Expected to wash cars in suits and ties when understaffed.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff

*WARNING*: Approach with extreme caution

Former Employee - Management Trainee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (More than a year)

Pros

Zero. None at all. Nothing.

Cons

Ever heard of Dante's Inferno & the 9 circles of Hell? Well, academics recently discovered hidden away in archives somewhere in northern Italy that there are in fact TEN levels of hell. Apparently, Dante had heard of Enterprise Rent-a-Car...

- Long Hours (50-60+ per week)
    - Bread line salary
    - Cleaning cars in a suit/dress
    - A culture which rewards sycophancy rather than effort and hard work
    - Promotion based on sales figures & how many customers you can strong-hand into buying insurance for cars
    - Customers who will disrespect you at every turn. They think that just because your job involves driving them home like a taxi in a Vaxhaull Corsa that they're better than you, when in fact 99.9% of the time you will have more qualifications and a better education than them. They will chew your head off if the car is silver rather than black, manual when they wanted automatic transmission and also apparently because the sky is blue. Anyone who has worked in a shop or in retail / food services will know this pain.

Enterprise needs graduates like a fish needs a bicycle. You don't need a degree/masters to wash a dirty car and get shouted at all day by irate customers. For some reason Enterprise also thinks it has the right to impose this 'degree prerequisite' onto its roles like proper jobs do? If you think the reviews on here are wrong (or you're just plain desperate), by all means please do feel free to dip your toe into the world of work with this company....but don't come back complaining when you eventually get bitten.

10. Branch Manager

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Fun learning to run your own business, meet great people, gain a ton of management and marketing skills

Cons

Stressful, long hours, no work life balance. Always understaffed

Advice to Management

Keep employees motivated, acknowledge and find solution to staffing. Help employees get training on tough situations and running high volume business that frequently runs out of supply.

11. Not a pleasant work place

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people - the friends you make working here are great and are what you get you through it.
    Promotional opportunities

Cons

The hours!! This is a lifestyle choice not a job - you will be on call 24/7. No support from upper management. Poor working conditions. You will spend most of your days initially washing cars and picking cars up, often in the night time after a days work.

Advice to Management

Sort out the working hours. Be honest and pay closer attention to business ethics as it is not being followed currently.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos