Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.1
3,165 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 244 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 172 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 498 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 896 reviews)

More Highlights

Long hours

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Get to drive awesome cars

Cons

Long hours, customers can be rude, no vacation the first year, no flexibility in schedule

Be Prepared to Work

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training structure is great; makes it really easy to learn quickly.
    Pay is good for an entry level job

Cons

Be prepared to have no work-life balance. You will marry your job.
    Training is great if everything worked in a text-book situation, hard to adapt to each individual customer.
    If you can't sell, don't expect to succeed.

Maybe stop bragging enough about your salary to actually care about your employees that allow you to make the money you're making.

Worth the experience, looking back at least

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Family atmosphere
    - On your feet, you're not sitting at a desk all day at least (that's a pro to me)
    - Never a dull moment - crazy people like to rent cars
    - Good career path planning and mentorship opportunities
    - Consistent quality feedback from management
    - Competitive atmosphere in a fun way
    - Constant stimulation and something to do - phones ringing, pick ups, back end work to do
    - You'll learn a TON. This was my first job out of college and I think I got more out of it than all my friends that landed "cush" jobs.
    - They promote from within (this is actually, a really big big pro now that I've moved on from ERAC)
    - Family-owned

Cons

- it's a tough gig. You'll be exhausted at the end of the day. Usually I would get into the office at 7am and leave around 6:15. And that's before I was a manager. When I became a manager the expectation was that you'd get there earlier. The earlier you arrived and the later you stayed, the more glorified you were. Stupid.
    - It's kind of like a cult. If you've been there long enough, you might get sucked in to the idea that if you leave, you will fail.
    - You'll be on your feet all day and sometimes want to scream. People will treat you like crap and you'll have to be nice to them. It will make you crazy but you'll survive.
    - You'll have to wash cars, no matter what, in rain/sleet/snow/100+ degree heat wearing dress shoes+shirt/tie and or heels. And then you'll have to go turn around and have to try to sell someone insurance. While sweaty/wet/miserable otherwise.

Consider more flexible schedules. I don't know if you have, but you should invest in DocuSign or some other similar program for eSignatures with tablets when you drop off cars or even at the counter. Auditing tickets was always a pain. Realize that your employees have way more options and pay them better. Don't run so tight. It's too stressful and hurts customer satisfaction and makes your employees feel used.

Fun Company, Hard Work, Little Pay, Big Potential

Former Employee - Management Trainee
    Former Employee - Management Trainee

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Enterprise Rent-A-Car promises great management experience and potential for growth. They only promote from within. The company also has a very fun working environment.

Cons

Enterprise demands long hours and hard work from their employees. Additionally, the work is repetitive and dealing with customer service on a daily basis is frustrating and stressful.

A great alternative to joining the military

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very close and family like co worker environment . In time you learn how to do basically every job a 16 year old could do combined into one so it's excellent learning for somebody who has never had a job.

Cons

It's virtually impossible to have work life balance unless you consider hanging with co workers "life". You eventually get used to shunning all your friends out little by little and going to bed at 930 every night if you want decent nights rest to work your 10-11 hour days. The environment feels like a continuation of college, studying and passing tests for promotions that may or may not happen. There is a good chance your manager will be younger than you and will get a power trip telling you to go drive and pick up a customer every time the phone rings which if you work near a strip of auto centers like I did you could find yourself driving half your work days. If you're a young girl you may feel uncomfortable with some of the shady clientel you have to pick up all alone. Oh yeah the job is 100% sales. Sell damage protection or die. And get paid nothing extra if you do sell it well. Top reps get invited to a dinner at a local bar every two months with a buffet style appetizers that are seldom refilled and 2 beers maximum allowance . Everybody wears suits and tries flirting with management in hopes of a promotion so there 40K jobs can turn into 45K jobs . Maybe you should have thought harder about joining the military ? Ha

Get off your high horse with the power trips and your staff will react much smoother . We are all here under the condition we want to eventually manage and lead on our own as well, thus "trainee" in the title . If I hear the phone ring and I answer it I'll go pick the customer up. I don't need a shrill voice yelling at me on top of the suffering that the job already is .

Great Co-workers

Current Employee - Management Trainee in South Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in South Burlington, VT

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great work environment very fun

Cons

Task based, not much other than customer service

good job

good place ramp up your resume

Current Employee - Management Trainee in San Diego, TX
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in San Diego, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

work with some cool people. definitely will get your resume noticed after you work there for 6 months, teaches you how to work hard and sales fundamentals.

Cons

hours are horrible, close to 60 hours per week. pay sucks. micromanaged like crazy. dealing with retail sucks. not ethical; in order to be promoted you have to lie on a daily basis to customers telling them you need the car insurance, in order to meet your sales quota. you are almost physically abused, as you are not allowed to sit during work. Very physical demanding and requires you to be outside in a suit and tie under all weather conditions for prolonged periods of time.

Previous Employer

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

real life experience in running a business

Cons

No help from Upper Management
    Earnings are capped
    No support, employees are not valued.

Remember you were once in your employees shoes.
    Be honest with employees.

Will work you hard, but pay is decent

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people you work with .

Cons

NO Life balance. will drain you at the end of the day.

Work is what you make it

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company events, lots of support.

Cons

Stressful work hours, no balance.

There should be shifts