Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Apr 23, 2014

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great experience to have, but not the greatest for long-term

Management Assistant (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsPeople you work with are awesome....very helpful and fun to be at work with all day. Lots of chances to either get training/advice or to give it. Once you're there for longer than a year, benefits and vacation time really kick in. Quarterly meetings are held at fun places and paid for by the managers....nice to help improve moral.

ConsLong long hours (I worked anywhere from 45-60 hours a week 5-7 days a week), customers and accounts can be very demanding and taxing on you mentally, upper management seems to have a specific type of person they like to promote so if you're not one of them then good luck trying to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementBe careful who you are promoting.....since I left the company, many people who were promoted over me have left also or haven't done very well at that position. Also, hire some more people....I know that you are picky with the people you bring on, but every office I've been to has been understaffed and that takes a huge toll on your employees.

Management Trainee

Management Trainee (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsGreat coworkers and a lot of great customer service experience

ConsLong hours. Sales culture has heavy pressure

Great Opportunity, Hard Work

Management Trainee (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsGreat entry level position that gives you a very broad range of experience in sales, customer service, and management. "If you work hard, the reward hard work".

ConsLong hours... really long hours.

also,

You are a bunch of numbers to management. NO matter how much you put into the company previously, if you drop in sales you become expendable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into account intangibles as well as sales. College grads take this job and are burned out 2 years after graduation.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall a great first job

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsGreat culture and fun place to work. There is a great feeling of comraderie since the company goes to great lengths to hire the right people.

ConsLong hours and great emphasis placed on selling additional coverages. If it weren't for the weight of constantly feeling like I had to keep my daily sales percentage up, I would still be working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on providing a better work/life balance.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car reviews and ratings in Rochester, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enterprise Rent-A-Car CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson. All reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees.