Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
3,058 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 243 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 170 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 486 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 888 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great experience to have, but not the greatest for long-term

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Rochester, NY

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People you work with are awesome....very helpful and fun to be at work with all day. Lots of chances to either get training/advice or to give it. Once you're there for longer than a year, benefits and vacation time really kick in. Quarterly meetings are held at fun places and paid for by the managers....nice to help improve moral.

Cons

Long long hours (I worked anywhere from 45-60 hours a week 5-7 days a week), customers and accounts can be very demanding and taxing on you mentally, upper management seems to have a specific type of person they like to promote so if you're not one of them then good luck trying to advance

Be careful who you are promoting.....since I left the company, many people who were promoted over me have left also or haven't done very well at that position. Also, hire some more people....I know that you are picky with the people you bring on, but every office I've been to has been understaffed and that takes a huge toll on your employees.

Management Trainee

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers and a lot of great customer service experience

Cons

Long hours. Sales culture has heavy pressure

Great Opportunity, Hard Work

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great entry level position that gives you a very broad range of experience in sales, customer service, and management. "If you work hard, the reward hard work".

Cons

Long hours... really long hours.

also,

You are a bunch of numbers to management. NO matter how much you put into the company previously, if you drop in sales you become expendable.

Take into account intangibles as well as sales. College grads take this job and are burned out 2 years after graduation.

Overall a great first job

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rochester, NY

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great culture and fun place to work. There is a great feeling of comraderie since the company goes to great lengths to hire the right people.

Cons

Long hours and great emphasis placed on selling additional coverages. If it weren't for the weight of constantly feeling like I had to keep my daily sales percentage up, I would still be working there.

Focus more on providing a better work/life balance.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos