Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

Reset

Accounting Supervisor at Enterprise Rent a Car

Former Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People you work with, Corporate Support, Run your own business, Hire your own staff.

Cons

The hours can be long, The grind of negative customers, the many hats you have to wear,

Advice to Management

The days of wearing only white shirts has passed.

2. Enterprise will always do what's right!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great sales/service environment! Excellent pay for high performers! No pressure to manage you can be a career salesperson and make $100k+

Cons

Retail hours means you it's be available when customers are available. This makes for late nights!

3. You better buy some roller-skates.

Former Intern - Management Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Intern - Management Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

For an internship, they provide a great training program that is about a week long and you learn everything you need to know about the company. It looks GREAT on your resume, it can be a great stepping stone to a career in sales or management.

Cons

There is NO work life balance. You work 7am-6pm 5 days a week, and you're told you cannot make plans at 7pm at night, an hour after they close, just in case they want you to pull a 12 hour day. You will not get anywhere in the company unless you drink that green Kool-Aid.

5. Management Trainee Intern Review

Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved everyone I worked with, I was only with the company for 3 months but I made some good friends! Everyone was super fun and outgoing. Our manager took us out to drinks every Wednesday to a different happy hour. They really treat the employees well but there is a lot of hard work involved with the job. There are a lot of opportunities to advance and get promoted within the company.

Cons

You are selling car insurance so customers that typically dont want to spend the extra money since they have their own car insurance, be ready to deal with difficult customers. Sometimes to car prep gets overloaded with dirty cars so you will have to wash cars in your business attire. The full time employees worked very long hours, since I was only an intern I worked about 42-45 hours a week. The pay was low, I only made $9.75 an hour.

Advice to Management

Love the management. Great company to work for. Learned a lot.

6. Great for out of college and to build the tools to become your own business owner.

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Puyallup, WA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Puyallup, WA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, fast paced, always on the go. training that is given to you as an employee. after hour events.

Cons

LOTS of hours to work. Becomes a daily grind which is hard to push yourself after so long.

7. Modern Day Slavery

Current Employee - MIT in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - MIT in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and a company that brings in crazy revenue every fiscal year

Cons

The company is extremely top heavy...people that actually run the branches including managers make table scraps all the money starts with the Taylors and just evaporates from there. They will work you to the bone pay you next to nothing and pit you against your fellow co workers in a sales matrix where you upsale uneeded insurance etc...The company will tell you promotion promotion and thats the donkey carrott of the whole deal...not worth the time and stress of doing 10 different jobs getting paid garbage and dealing with nonsense from customers all day every day. DO NOT WORK FOR ENTERPRISE ITS SIMPLY EXPLOITATION AT ITS FINEST...HALF THE PEOPLE I WORKED WITH WERE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR OTHER WORK ELSEWHERE

8. Learned a lot that can help me do very well in a other sales and customer service companies.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn key skills that other businesses look for such as sales, customer service, marketing, leadership and people skills.

Cons

In order to keep customer service rating scores in your favor, it's hard to stay firm when some of the accounts you service and customers disrespect you.

Advice to Management

Make your employees feel special because you work to hard for so little where anyone from here can work less for a more fun and lucrative job.

9. More Sales based then they will let on

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Snohomish, WA
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Snohomish, WA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team environment. Managers genuinely care about your career growth. Meet a lot of interesting people and make friends for life.

Cons

Hours, hours, hours and hours. Horrific work/life balance, even though the company pretends to encourage spending time with your family. Taking a day off of work usually requires written documentation. And calling in sick...be prepared to catch a lot of flack for that.

Advice to Management

Just be upfront about the rolse that sales plays in your promotability. You can be the best employee imaginable, but if your sales numbers are not top notch you will never be promoted. They will just move you to different offices until you quit.

10. Overall my experience as an intern for Enterprise was very rewarding.

Former Intern - Management Trainee Intern in Tacoma, WA
    Former Intern - Management Trainee Intern in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced fun environment, with young energetic employees.

Cons

On your feet and working long hours.

11. Bad Job Great Career

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very supportive management team. Every opportunity to advance. This job/career is exactly what you'd like to make it.

Cons

Too many hours for the amount of money on your paycheck. If you can make it through the first 3 years Enterprise can be an outstanding career. Personally, I couldn't wait that long for that pay day.

Advice to Management

More of a work/life balance may attract and retain higher quality employees.

Showing 39 of 4,294 reviews