Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews in Tucson, AZ

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service(in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise(in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)(in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6(in 809 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Upward mobility if performing

Area Manager (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsPromotions based on performance and promote from within

ConsNeed to make friends with boss rather than strictly perform. You have to remind your supervisor of all the great things you do or it won't be recognized if you have the wrong supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't give your managers as much autonomy with little back end follow up. You can lose great people who aren't receiving the training and resources needed.

Long hours and under paid

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsGood Training and nice people.

ConsLong hours, low pay and big turnover rate

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about employees more and less about numbers

Enterprise offers challenges, training, continued development, and the opportunity to work with great people!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsPerformance-based promotions, industry leader, fun and friendly place to work, great benefits, reputation for providing excellent customer service, and respected in the business world!

ConsWith promotions based on performance and not tenure, employees can struggle with self-induced pressure to be the best. There's an inherent culture of "work hard, play hard."

Advice to Senior ManagementI see the benefits of working for a privately-held company every day. I'm pretty confident and hope that Enterprise will stay that way. Great job to the Taylor family!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have never worked for a company that is as supportive of employees and offers this level of opportunity.

Area Manager (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsThe biggest thing for me is the unlimited career potential and support from my upper management. I am given recognition for a job well done and feedback on how to improve.

ConsI can honestly say that I have no issues with the company as a whole, the people I work with or the way I am managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. I have not been let down yet and managent is always open to suggestions.

Not a good company to stay with long term but a good resume builder.

Management Assistant (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsEnterprise provides great sales and marketing experience and can be great work experience to put on a resume. ERAC employees are often recruited by other companies.

ConsUpper management at Enterprise is horrific and incompetent. Although they tell employees that there is room for advancement there is very little. Hours are horrendous.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your employees and support them more in the way of work life balance. Do not run your employees into the ground.

Good place to start out, but there's a limit to what you'll learn

Area Rental Manager (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsThe company has good benefits that currently include 401K matching. You learn how to run a business, there is a competitive work environment, and the work pace is never the same.

ConsAlthought you are running your own business, there is very little autonomy to make your own business decisions, once you reach management you often work with entry level people who do not care about the profits of the company as much as you do, which can be unmotivating, and there are often false promises from senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude employees on decisions, have clear policies, maintain consistent accountability and pay structure, and create some sort of ethical boundaries that are the same for everyone.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!