Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
3,239 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 249 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 176 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 525 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 923 reviews)

More Highlights

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Enterprise offers challenges, training, continued development, and the opportunity to work with great people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Performance-based promotions, industry leader, fun and friendly place to work, great benefits, reputation for providing excellent customer service, and respected in the business world!

Cons

With promotions based on performance and not tenure, employees can struggle with self-induced pressure to be the best. There's an inherent culture of "work hard, play hard."

I see the benefits of working for a privately-held company every day. I'm pretty confident and hope that Enterprise will stay that way. Great job to the Taylor family!

Long hours and under paid

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Training and nice people.

Cons

Long hours, low pay and big turnover rate

Care about employees more and less about numbers

Upward mobility if performing

Current Employee - Area Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Promotions based on performance and promote from within

Cons

Need to make friends with boss rather than strictly perform. You have to remind your supervisor of all the great things you do or it won't be recognized if you have the wrong supervisor.

Don't give your managers as much autonomy with little back end follow up. You can lose great people who aren't receiving the training and resources needed.

I have never worked for a company that is as supportive of employees and offers this level of opportunity.

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

The biggest thing for me is the unlimited career potential and support from my upper management. I am given recognition for a job well done and feedback on how to improve.

Cons

I can honestly say that I have no issues with the company as a whole, the people I work with or the way I am managed.

Keep doing what you are doing. I have not been let down yet and managent is always open to suggestions.

Not a good company to stay with long term but a good resume builder.

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Enterprise provides great sales and marketing experience and can be great work experience to put on a resume. ERAC employees are often recruited by other companies.

Cons

Upper management at Enterprise is horrific and incompetent. Although they tell employees that there is room for advancement there is very little. Hours are horrendous.

Invest more in your employees and support them more in the way of work life balance. Do not run your employees into the ground.

Good place to start out, but there's a limit to what you'll learn

Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

The company has good benefits that currently include 401K matching. You learn how to run a business, there is a competitive work environment, and the work pace is never the same.

Cons

Althought you are running your own business, there is very little autonomy to make your own business decisions, once you reach management you often work with entry level people who do not care about the profits of the company as much as you do, which can be unmotivating, and there are often false promises from senior management.

Include employees on decisions, have clear policies, maintain consistent accountability and pay structure, and create some sort of ethical boundaries that are the same for everyone.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos