Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

3.7
Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
1 Rating

Pros
  • I got a lot of really good customer service experience (in 249 reviews)

• I met so many great people working for Enterprise (in 176 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance if you are married or want to start a family (in 525 reviews)

• Tough starting out with long hours (in 923 reviews)

1. It's a good job, friendly people but doesn't pay enough

Current Employee - Vehicle Service Agent in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Vehicle Service Agent in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, friendly people, easy job, and you get to drive new cars a lot, so for just a fun job this is the place to work

Cons

Not getting paid enough, so looking for something with more hours better pay and something that I enjoy doing a little more

Advice to Management

They do a good job

2. Be Weary

Former Employee - Citations Coordinator in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Citations Coordinator in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent in the field I worked in and the training was great! Also there is great job security. However with that being said that is the ONLY positive thing I can say about this company.

Cons

I liked most of my co-workers but it is like being in high school with all the drama. Also they are not the best on treating their employees right. The management was what bothered me. They are pretty obsessed with just making the best profit they can. They also are very bad at discrimination and I do not recommend working here if your feelings are easily hurt or if you want to be treated equally.

Advice to Management

They need to work on treating their employees better.

3. Difficult, but great co-workers

Former Employee - Account Executive - Car Sales in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Account Executive - Car Sales in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great business plan, a lot of support, lots of training, and a wonderful bunch of folks to work with.

Cons

Long hours, weekends, holidays, etc.

5. Drink the Kool-Aid

Current Employee - MT for ERAC AE for ECARS in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - MT for ERAC AE for ECARS in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees of ERAC are fresh college grads...green and moldable. The relationships you build with co-workers as well as regular customers is great. Because of regular customers you have the ability to network well.
    Advancement opportunities are "abundant"...as long as your on that "list" and qualify.
    Corporate campus n Stl is gorgeous.
    Get to drive all kinds of vehicles.

In essence, like most major companies, if you play the game, drink their Kool-aid, and are willing to put in the time, opportunities will be presented to you.

Cons

Drink the Kool Aid...that's it. ERAC is a large and successful co. that has proven success doing things their way. So do it their way and play the game or get pushed to he side. It's very much a sales game. While your paycheck may not reflect it, your career will.
    Too conservative as co in general...n specific the dress..white shirt and tie everyday, all day, n 100+ degrees...no facial hair, etc.
    Matrix system, while beneficial, also hinders good qualified poeple from getting promoted so the wrong person gets the spot.
    Hours...48 a wk...sort of...unless your at the airport which is 365 days a yr. and you may work 8days in a row.

Advice to Management

Relax your attitudes and culture. Instead of hiring any college grad that wants to sell, hire intellects that want a career. Don't base all promotions on your matrix without exception...good candidates get passed up because they are in the wrong branches at the wrong time.

6. Enterprise

Current Employee - Citations Processor in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Citations Processor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enterprise has always treated me well. I get great pay, great benefits, and a great work environment. Obviously, every manager is a little bit different, but my managers have always been very understanding, and it shows that they honestly care about their employees. Definitely the happiest I have ever been at a job.

Cons

Enterprise is a pretty conservative company, so with that comes pretty strict dress code rules and corporate policies. That's about the only downside I can think of, and it's a minor one.

7. Enterprise is good for people that enjoy working 45-60 per week. It is a very male dominate environment.

Current Employee - Manager Assistant in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Manager Assistant in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Solid company with good benefits. Younger co-workers help to make the job fun.

Cons

Long hours, cleaning cars in business dress, promotions tend to be for those in the right place at the right time. Company is very top heavy. There is a huge difference in pay. The employees that actually work and run the branch make significantly less than regional managers, area managers and corporate

Advice to Management

Remember what the founding values are for Enterprise and actually abide by them.

8. Enjoyed it while it lasted

Former Employee - Account Recaivable in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Account Recaivable in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

The professional were fanstastic to work for. Good learning enviornement for collectiona dn accounting experts. Work wasn't overly challenging however was tedious.

Cons

Mid - level management has little regard for staff ambition. The office personnel management will not address personel conflict fairly without suffecient supporting documentation.

Advice to Management

Please review all mid level management for appropriate work conduct and ability to lead

Showing 7 of 4,135 reviews