Enterprise Strategy Group

3.9

Enterprise Strategy Group Founder and Senior Analyst Steve Duplessie
Steve Duplessie
1 Rating

Great people, great company. If you need your hand held though, best to look elsewhere.

Current Employee - Non-sales, Other in Milford, MA
    Current Employee - Non-sales, Other in Milford, MA

I have been working at Enterprise Strategy Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

All views are in my opinion only. The company does not micro-manage. You are treated like a professional, and expected to figure out how to be the best at what you do. Then we all win. No one puts limits on what you can contribute or bring to the table. Pay is slightly above average. They seem to hire people of the same make-up and, for the most part, your co-workers will be a pleasure to work with. If you work hard and you're accountable you'll do awesome. Company is extremely flexible as far as your working location. As mentioned above though, if you can't work at home or get distracted easily, I wouldn't put telecommuting in your basket of pros. I work about a 50% mix of home/office. Job is not 9-5. Things will sometimes need to happen when they need to happen. I have no problem with it being this way as I believe I'm being compensated very fairly, and also understand the nature of my job.

Cons

Company has a lot of smart people, sometimes groups are too large to stay focused on tasks. The company literally operates like a brilliant think-tank, but then sometimes has some trouble bringing ideas to fruition. For what its worth here, company is in growth mode and these things take time to figure out. I've got no other cons.

Keep letting us be the professionals that you hired. Take our advice if you present the question. Most employees feel if its good for the business, its good for me. Everyone wins here. I can personally say my co-workers would and always do, go above and beyond for the good of the company. Finally, I'd say take more risks.

A fabulous place to work.

Current Employee - Manager in Milford, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Milford, MA

I have been working at Enterprise Strategy Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The heart of ESG is our people - we are like a family and truly care about individual and company success. There is a level of trust and respect that makes for a great working environment.

We are fast paced - something different every day.

Our clients truly like working with us.

We know how to work hard and have fun while doing it.

Cons

The pros greatly outweigh the cons. Do we work long hours sometimes? Sure. Do we go a thousand miles an hour? Sure. Would I trade it for another job? No way.

Client Relationship Manager

Former Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Milford, MA
    Former Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Milford, MA

I worked at Enterprise Strategy Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Industry Relationships, Intellectual Property, Culture, Product Suite, Expertise

Cons

Middle Management, Micro Management, Communication, Culture, Acoustics

Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist *can* come from *anywhere*.

Great company with some growing pains

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milford, MA

I have been working at Enterprise Strategy Group

Pros

Enterprise Strategy Group is a company full of good natured people who are fun to be around and good to work with. The company is very flexible when it comes to time off and telecommuting, and the benefits package is generous.

Cons

The company tends to focus on those employees that actively bring in revenue, so support staff is often overworked, which can lead to feelings of marginalization.

As the company grows, it's important to expand upon all facets simultaneously. Hiring a larger number of revenue generators/content producers without a commensurate increase in other areas of the company can lead to imbalance and overloaded support teams.

ESG is the only company that could get me to give up my 11+ years of successful self-employment.

Current Employee - Lab Analyst
    Current Employee - Lab Analyst

I have been working at Enterprise Strategy Group full-time

Pros

The people are the best. Smart, hard-working, caring, positive and team-oriented attitudes, and driven by personal and business integrity. Still a smallish company, which enables flexibility. A company that consistently self-evaluates in order to evolve. The work is interesting, fun, and challenging, making for constant growth. At the same time, the company believes that your life matters and you must find balance in order to thrive.

Cons

none that I have encountered. Best job of my career.

Keep being the genuinely good people you are, and keep hiring other genuinely good people.

Former Employee

I worked at Enterprise Strategy Group

Pros

90% good quality people with strong character. The company is flexible and semi-reasonable( far better then most) The CEO is a genuinely a good cultured man that brings a vibrant attitude to all things.

Cons

Politically charged decisions. Company undermines a lot of it's own initiatives. Don't promote/respect internal growth, always out looking for the next person!

Get out of your own way and allow the company to grow.