Entertainment Partners Reviews

Reset
3.2
Mark Goldstein

1. Featured Review

A lot of work but it's stimulating and challenging and can be fun!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Above the comp and benefits, I work for an amazing executive who recognizes the challenges of being a working parent.

Cons

Too much gossip and jumping to conclusions that affect the perception of people and subsequently their livelihood.

Be honest and truthful to people, they will appreciate it so much.

Advice to Management

Let go and trust more. Too many levels of management. Tell the employees you value that you care about them. When you don't, they leave. Such an easy win win for all!

2. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Burbank, CA

I worked at Entertainment Partners

Pros

- Excellent work environment i.e. people oriented
    - Organized projects and new technologies
    - Great employee benefits

Cons

- Because of friendly environment, at times it results in lot of gossip and working hours spent unproductively.

3. All in all, a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very client focused company, leader in the marketplace. Employee owned.

Cons

Very long hours. Lots of politics at the higher management levels.

Advice to Management

Good to see a technology company finally focusing on technology.

5. Very Impressed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people, ESOP/Employee Owned, great community, good leadership, honest, 100% employer paid benefits, great communication, fun, constantly improving, growing, stable, cares about their employees!

Cons

I have yet to really find any.

Advice to Management

I think it is great that the entire company is being analyzed and developed to better suit the needs of the industry and to become a better company for all involved.

Jun 29, 2015HR

Thank you for providing us with both the pros and the cons of working at EP. We share all feedback with our leadership team and we constantly strive to improve wherever needed.

6. EP Is A Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entertainment Partners is a great place to work because of the company culture. It's a quickly growing company that still has that family-oriented feel. The company is employee owned (ESOP) so everyone has a stake in the company to help build success, which translates to more money for retirement.

Cons

Although the company still has that family-oriented feel, it is growing very quickly, and you may start to feel like you're just another cog in the wheel. To remain competitive and to keep market share, there have been many cost-saving decisions made at the expense of some long-standing employees' jobs.

Advice to Management

Although it's understood that changes need to happen to keep the company viable and successful, more transparency would be appreciated as many feel like they are walking on eggshells seeing if they will be impacted by the many changes that happen.

Jun 30, 2015HR

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback. Please let us know, through our internal channels, if you identify an area for improvement. We want to learn from everyone's experiences.

7. Consultant

Current Employee - Database Developer in Fullerton, CA
    Current Employee - Database Developer in Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Entertainment Partners (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Technology are not bleeding edge

8. Awesome Company to work for

Former Employee - Products in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Products in Burbank, CA

I worked at Entertainment Partners

Pros

Great People ,Excellent Benefits, Great Pay. You truly become friends with those you work with.

Cons

Scattered Management and Reactive Leadership

Advice to Management

Try to be more proactive than reactive.

9. More corporate now than it has ever been.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Entertainment Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free healthcare, good vacation, 401k and ESOP benefits. Smart coworkers to work with.

Cons

Expect your performance reviews to be about something they will nitpick you about that isn't true. 2% raise is expected or less. Expect to be worked to death. Not the work-life balance company that it was before. And management is all above getting the private stock share higher at all cost. Layoffs are already happening. Even hard workers who've been there for a long time have been laid off because the goal of this company is to outsource the work as much as possible. Would you want your payroll information known to foreigners???

Advice to Management

Go back to what you were before when the company truly cared about its employees. That is what made your company profitable.

Jul 1, 2015HR

We are sorry to hear your about perceptions. We are proud to be a 100% employee owned company and increasing our value to assure a secure retirement for our employee owners is certainly a key goal ... More

Some Good People..Poor Management

I worked at Entertainment Partners full-time

Pros

Culture, open dress code, free health care and food events.

There are some nice people.

Cons

The company is going through a reorg because managers have failed to do their jobs and get rid of poor workers who just go through the motions and don't want to help the company grow. Senior management can be poor as their are only for self and don't want you to get ahead of them even if you have more talents and are just as qualified.

Too much gossip and distraction in some areas. Lack of professionalism. Too many followers
    and not enough leaders.

Hr does not monitor poor managers. No opportunity for feedback on managers who are not good managers and do not control their departments effectively.

The nice personable people are not in authoritative positions.

Too many people want to have control to show they have power instead of being results-oriented and a great leader.

Advice to Management

There are some VPs who lead in fear and those people talk poorly to their employees. Get a handle on those VPs and don't give them too much power like you have as it's only making EP go downhill.

Promote the hard workers and people who are really at EP to work and not to schmooze and talk all day. Look at the people who have been at EP for 10+ years and have not expressed a desire to grow or who do not do their jobs well. They are dead weight.

Cut at the top and replace management as they are the reason for the reorg. Do not make employees suffer because of poor leadership, action, and vision.

Think about how EP should be customer-service oriented yet managers do not know how to talk to their employees well.

Get rid of the managers with a chip on their shoulder because they want to be CEO and get people in who are fair.

11. Great

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Entertainment Partners (Less than a year)

Pros

pay is good
    time off
    vacation
    life

Cons

none at this time now

RSS Feed </> Embed