Entertainment Partners Reviews

3.2
Mark Goldstein

1. Featured Review

Best in Class

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Because a lot of care goes in to the recruitment of team members, you are surrounded by hard-working, dedicated, and experienced thought partners who care as much about the company as you do. As employee owners, we all share the common goal of success and we do whatever we can to help each other along the way. It's an empowering feeling working for a market leader, and it feels good to hear feedback from clients who are so pleased with our services.

Cons

It is a large company (app. 900 employees as I type this) so it may seem overwhelming at first just getting to know the landscape, and all the various departments and services. But in a very organic way, just by being inside the company, you find yourself interacting with all the different areas in ways that you might not have originally imagined. It's a fascinating industry.

Advice to Management

I used to feel that as such a big company the opportunity for personal career development and growth might be overlooked, but I understand that this has become a primary mission of the senior management and I'm thrilled that they have taken this responsibility seriously.

2. Management

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time

Pros

Forward thinking. Family atmosphere. Employee owned. Just acquired Ease which will move the company forward to meet client needs!!!

Cons

Need to think like a start up valuing the past but changing the mindset for the future.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, all employees will benefit.

3. Coordinator

Pros

Great company to work for. I feel very thankful to work here. I am excited to see where we go the next few years. They try to keep us engaged.

Cons

I work a lot and sometime feel overlooked.

Advice to Management

Would love to feel more appreciated at all the hard work that I do.

Highly Disorganized!

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time

Pros

Close to home, good pay and benefits, flexible hours. People that are actual contributors are nice folks and very smart.

Cons

EP has too many managers and VP's that do nothing. Most of the managers don't have practical experience in the field they are managing (mostly the technology group) - Don't come here if you're the motivated ambitious type, you'll get discouraged quickly and turn into an EP zombie. Management likes to paint a picture of happiness and great culture but the reality is not true, the negative sentiment is the same across all groups. The recent positive reviews are completely fake.

Advice to Management

EP can be a great company but you're stuck in manager and process paralysis. Incompetent VP's hire incompetent managers who hire incompetent people. You're stuck in a loop.

Horrible

Current Employee - Technology Manager in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Technology Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people doing the work are great. The benefits are acceptable.

Cons

Executives openly lie then try to cover it up. "Upside-down pyramid" management structure with far too many people hired by their new executive friend. What used to be a family atmosphere has turned into a ridiculous bureaucracy as bad as a government office. Firing long-term employees based upon a training survey. The almighty share price drives every decision. Experienced employees and management ignored. New CTO is feared but not respected. Terrible upward mobility due to distrust and insider job placement. Ridiculous emphasis on outsourcing.

Advice to Management

Be honest. Don't say you're trying to be more open, BE MORE OPEN. If it makes business sense to let people go, be honest - don't try to spin it. Respect experienced management and understand that without them, you won't exist. Stop hiring your unqualified friends. Please stop ruining this once-great company.

Worst management anywhere

Former Employee - Slave in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Slave in Burbank, CA

I worked at Entertainment Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Adequate salary and raises. The co-workers are great. The very casual environment. Flexible work schedule. Location out of commute.

Cons

Very abusive and unprofessional management. Assign responsibilities without authority to complete. Say one thing and do another. Blame others. Commonly disparage other managers and executives to staff.

Advice to Management

Actually do what your values say! Train or eliminate managers that abuse staff, lie, gossip, reveal secrets to staff, etc. Some managers reputations are impacting projects. Learn to value collaboration not punish staff for trying to do so. Quit managing by threat of firing.

8. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Burbank, CA

Pros

- Excellent work environment i.e. people oriented - Organized projects and new technologies - Great employee benefits

Cons

- Because of friendly environment, at times it results in lot of gossip and working hours spent unproductively.

9. All in all, a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very client focused company, leader in the marketplace. Employee owned.

Cons

Very long hours. Lots of politics at the higher management levels.

Advice to Management

Good to see a technology company finally focusing on technology.

10. Very Impressed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people, ESOP/Employee Owned, great community, good leadership, honest, 100% employer paid benefits, great communication, fun, constantly improving, growing, stable, cares about their employees!

Cons

I have yet to really find any.

Advice to Management

I think it is great that the entire company is being analyzed and developed to better suit the needs of the industry and to become a better company for all involved.

Entertainment Partners Response

Jun 29, 2015 – HR

Thank you for providing us with both the pros and the cons of working at EP. We share all feedback with our leadership team and we constantly strive to improve wherever needed.

11. EP Is A Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entertainment Partners is a great place to work because of the company culture. It's a quickly growing company that still has that family-oriented feel. The company is employee owned (ESOP) so everyone has a stake in the company to help build success, which translates to more money for retirement.

Cons

Although the company still has that family-oriented feel, it is growing very quickly, and you may start to feel like you're just another cog in the wheel. To remain competitive and to keep market share, there have been many cost-saving decisions made at the expense of some long-standing employees' jobs.

Advice to Management

Although it's understood that changes need to happen to keep the company viable and successful, more transparency would be appreciated as many feel like they are walking on eggshells seeing if they will be impacted by the many changes that happen.

Entertainment Partners Response

Jun 30, 2015 – HR

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback. Please let us know, through our internal channels, if you identify an area for improvement. We want to learn from everyone's experiences.

RSS Feed </> Embed