www.entertainmentpartners.com

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014

Mark Goldstein

Good work place

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Today is our company-wide potluck day to celebrate National ESOP month. It is awesome! . It's a great way to meet other people in other departments while having fun. Besides today's festivities, we are also a 100% employee-owned company and have medical benefits paid for 100%. Great family feel, we all watch out for each other, and we have lots of dedication to make EP an awesome company to work for.

Cons

Lots of steps to get a simple task done but processes are changing for the better. Parking is a drag. Sometimes we are too much like a family and forget this is a place of business.

Be united like the Three Musketeers - all for one and one for all. Also too much hiring of new management. Promote from within more.

Effectively run company. Prompt service and no problems whatsoever.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Entertainment Partners as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Effectively run company. Prompt service and no problems whatsoever.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Worked as a Stand In and as an extra on multiple television and film projects.

I have been working at Entertainment Partners as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was consistently on time and customer service was friendly and helpful.

Cons

Day work only, no job security.

A great company to work for!

I have been working at Entertainment Partners

Pros

Good pay and a fun job!

Cons

Long hours and some high maintenance people!

I would like to see us communicate more freely!

Walk Away - Not A Good Place Anymore

Former Employee - Analyst in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Burbank, CA

I worked at Entertainment Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits but the current executive team is whittling it away to keep it for themselves. Interesting industry and nice clients. Most of the staff are pleasant to work with,

Cons

The CEO is extremely greedy and a self-centered narcissist.and has eliminated most original senior staff to populate the company with his team of "Yes" men. Say the wrong thing that doesn't agree with him and you're out. The CEO concentrates only on share price rather than good customer service and treating employees well. They stuff employees in tiny micro-cubes to build large offices for the top management and executives. The technology is outdated and broken. The environment was once fun but his minions have now made everyone afraid that they're next on the chopping block. Executives are incompetent as they are all friends of the CEO, not good managers. They've lost their way since the founders retired. It is an ESOP but employees have no say whatsoever. The CEO acts like a king and everyone on the staff level is afraid to say anything.

Treat staff better and actually listen to ideas. Create committees of staff that have power to do something. Oust the CEO and get a true leader with good ideas and experience.

Entertainment Partners is an incredible company to work for, and the people there are the best in the industry

I worked at Entertainment Partners

Pros

Entertainment Partners is great because the professional environment is open, friendly, and cooperative. Additionally, the fact that it is an employee owned company tends to result in a less rigid corporate structure, and you really feel like an important member of the team, regardless of your title.

Cons

No real cons at all - the only thing is, you have to be willing to work. Hollywood never sleeps, and the entertainment industry transcends time zones and continents. As such, sometimes you may be working late, trading emails at 2am, but this company is worth the extra effort.

Upper Management was always very supportive and open to questions and matters for clarification. In fact, at EP the people in charge were some of the most capable, respectful, and fair-minded people I've ever had the pleasure to work with.

Gain great experience

I worked at Entertainment Partners

Pros

Employee owned company with great benefits. Able to gain great experience and meet clients. Vacation time and sick time combined as PTO, manager was considerate and worked with the team, enabling good leadership. Rewarded for hard work.

Cons

Loved my department, but the company overall, like most companies deals with office politics. Some departments are undervalued while others are overlooked.

Consider a more professional environment, reduce profanity and enforce a positive outlook.

Former Employee - Background Artist
    Former Employee - Background Artist

I worked at Entertainment Partners part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They were professional, and they took care of anyone in the cast.

Cons

I suppose the only con would be the early start and late finish each day (but you were paid overtime, so it really was not bad).

Residuals Group

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Entertainment Partners as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Compensation was fare If your interested in building a career around the niche market of Residuals, than this is the place for you. Management has written the book on residuals payment and processing.

Cons

I've never seen a shop run like this before! Tyrannical management and most Senior managers function from a place of fear and loathing. Little to NO trust in the employees working their tails off. This is not a software lead group - it's a residuals group that is run like a sweatshop.

Residuals is a software solution being ran by very impressive but oppressive Sr. Exec Director - loosen the reins - turn over the keys to a strong Software Technologist(VP Level)

* I would be suspect of the positive reviews found on this site. I did not find one person whom seemed to love working at EP

Experience Working at EP

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time

Pros

EP offers free health, vision and dental benefits to all employees and their families. This makes a significant difference in total compensation for the year. The company is the number one payroll provider and is steady on both profits and growth for the past few years.

Cons

Your personal experience and career trajectory varies significantly depending on what group you are in and what project. Also, the amount of employee bonuses (I've been told by people who have been here for years and year longer) has decreased as we've hired more people. However, these were already very generous so likely this is a case of bottoming out to meet just market level bonuses as opposed to generous.

Certain groups and projects can have extremely time sensitive during specific seasons, please be cognizant of the work/life balance of employees in roles. And if the company is growing to fulfille new headcount, be sure to not forget that individuals currently in the company may have already been working 2 jobs without much attention.